Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I decided to buy a Jeep after I went with two friends to drive the Rubicon trail. I showed up in my 2012 Land Rover LR4. Stock suspension, 33” tires. Needless to say it was a real adventure. We started at Loon lake, and made it to the Camp ground before Cadillac hill. Both my friends were driving Jeeps, and so they were mostlywo waiting for me the whole day as I slowly crept up rock by rock. Thanks to them for all the spotting. We winched countless times and poked prodded and inched the truck up rock by rock. Amazed we made it through so much, but by the time we hit Cadillac hill, the air suspension gave out.

We left it and had to come back for it later (eventually it did make it all the way out). After that epic, I decided to sell the Land Rover and buy a proper off road machine: a 2018 Jeep JLUR!

I’ve never been much of a mechanic, but so far, I have absolutely LOVED doing all the work to the Jeep by myself (except the long-arm suspension which required welding).

Thank you to all the Jeep forum members for being so inviting and accepting - I really love this community!

Here’s the latest shot of the Jeep. Full build list so far:

Hutchison rock monster 17” bead locks
Nitto Terra Trail Grappler 37”
EVO Stage 4 3.5” Lift kit - King air shocks
Poison Spyder Bruiser front and rear bumpers
Poison Spyder tire carrier
WARN 10S platinum winch
Rigid industries Radiance lights in rear
Rigid industries pod lights in front
Rigid industries pod lights on a Pillar
Genright Offroad License plate Relocation
AFE Power Mach XP Hi Tuck Cat back exhaust
Rock Slide Engineering Step Sliders
Metalcloak Overland Steel front and rear fenders
Metalcloak front inner fender liners
Rusty’s off-road corner armor
RSE Side armor
Rancho Performance Front Diff Glide Plate
Diabolical Slipstream rear deck security
Best top Trektop NX
Springtail rear tailgate fold-down table
2019 OEM Interior dome light upgrade (All lights on)
Powertank 10lb
Yaesu HAM Radio
Tazer JL
Tazer JL Front trail camera
67 designs JL Mount (the rail)
GPCA Handles
GPCA rear deck bolts
ARB 37l Fridge/Freezer
BRawlee liftgate hatch lightbar

EE98B828-3491-49C9-A47B-06FE51A29D8E.jpeg

4258F791-581B-4E72-8934-DD44BC4FFF23.jpeg

0E018442-77CB-43EA-A91C-84915820B2BA.jpeg

FC84F481-53FE-4967-9FCB-571E01B0419E.jpeg
I decided to buy a Jeep after I went with two friends to drive the Rubicon trail. I showed up in my 2012 Land Rover LR4. Stock suspension, 33” tires. Needless to say it was a real adventure. We started at Loon lake, and made it to the Camp ground before Cadillac hill. Both my friends were driving Jeeps, and so they were mostly waiting for me the whole day as I slowly crept up rock by rock. Thanks to them for all the spotting. We winched countless times and poked prodded and inched the truck up rock by rock. Amazed we made it through so much, but by the time we hit Cadillac hill, the air suspension gave out.

We left it and had to come back for it later (eventually it did make it all the way out). After that epic, I decided to sell the Land Rover and buy a proper off road machine: a 2018 Jeep JLUR!

I’ve never been much of a mechanic, but so far, I have absolutely LOVED doing all the work to the Jeep by myself (except the long-arm suspension which required welding).

Thank you to all the Jeep forum members for being so inviting and accepting - I really love this community!

Here’s the latest shot of the Jeep. Full build list so far:

Hutchison rock monster 17” bead locks
Nitto Terra Trail Grappler 37”
EVO Stage 4 3.5” Lift kit - King air shocks
Poison Spyder Bruiser front and rear bumpers
Poison Spyder tire carrier
WARN 10S platinum winch
Rigid industries Radiance lights in rear
Rigid industries pod lights in front
Rigid industries pod lights on a Pillar
Genright Offroad License plate Relocation
AFE Power Mach XP Hi Tuck Cat back exhaust
Rock Slide Engineering Step Sliders
Metalcloak Overland Steel front and rear fenders
Metalcloak front inner fender liners
Rusty’s off-road corner armor
RSE Side armor
Rancho Performance Front Diff Glide Plate
Diabolical Slipstream rear deck security
Best top Trektop NX
Springtail rear tailgate fold-down table
2019 OEM Interior dome light upgrade (All lights on)
Powertank 10lb
Yaesu HAM Radio
Tazer JL
Tazer JL Front trail camera
67 designs JL Mount (the rail)
GPCA Handles
GPCA rear deck bolts
ARB 37l Fridge/Freezer
BRawlee liftgate hatch lightbar

EE98B828-3491-49C9-A47B-06FE51A29D8E.jpeg

4258F791-581B-4E72-8934-DD44BC4FFF23.jpeg

0E018442-77CB-43EA-A91C-84915820B2BA.jpeg

FC84F481-53FE-4967-9FCB-571E01B0419E.jpeg
wow Cali, that’s a sweet looking machine too!

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6
Damn @Cali-JeepJL very nice! How is the trektop and slipstream working out together for you? Do you have the rear windows installed often? If so is it much hassle having to unzip the rear window in order to open the lid?

I'm in East Bay, would love to meet up with ya sometime if you don't mind and have time! Would love to see the trektop in person

OP
OP
Cali-JeepJL

Cali-JeepJL

First Name
Rowan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Damn @Cali-JeepJL very nice! How is the trektop and slipstream working out together for you? Do you have the rear windows installed often? If so is it much hassle having to unzip the rear window in order to open the lid?

I'm in East Bay, would love to meet up with ya sometime if you don't mind and have time! Would love to see the trektop in person
the diabolical + the bestop is the best combo for exactly this reason. I often leave the back windows off and drive around that way. The only reason I put them on is if I’m going to be on the fwy and need to do calls (it’s louder with them off).

When it is on, Having to unzip the back window is a bit of a pain to open the top, so normally I Just open the tailgate and reach in under the top.

DM me