Would You Order a JL Again?

Wraif

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 2-door manual Rubicon, 09 JKU
Curious to know how many would consider ordering another JL considering the issues with the build process. When you answer, please say how long from order to delivery, assuming you have received yours. If you haven’t received yours yet, when you ordered and what stage your order currently is at.

I think about how this has all gone, and it seems most if not all that bail on their orders still seem to end up with a JL. My point being that there is no incentive for Jeep to fix this if they still sell Jeeps.

Thoughts?
I would in a heartbeat. Although, I have to confess. I have a 2019 Rubicon that I ordered and had to wait 9 1/2 weeks for delivery. I rolled my 2013, or I would still have that. The wait wasn’t bad, I just drove my other Jeep, a 2009 JKU. Hopefully, I won’t be ordering again for quite a while, seeing all the delays. You have my sympathy. Still worth the wait in my opinion.
Sponsored

AVGeek99

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Sahara 4xe (wife's)
I was quoted 8-12 weeks when I ordered last August. I drove it home at 10 weeks to the day. Would I order again? Absolutely!

In normal times, if you're fine with the normal run of the mill builds dealers order, there's no reason not to buy off the lot. There will be enough to choose from and you won't be gouged. But with the state of the world today, ordering is the only way to go, regardless of that you're buying.

But with the state of the world today, in most places if you can find something on a lot you're going to pay a premium. If you order at a good dealer, you'll pay MSRP or less.

If you want something that isn't in a "normal" build (manual transmission), ordering is pretty much the only option. Plus when you order you get exactly what you want.

I know there are a lot of owners on here that waited (are waiting) months for their JL, but JLs are being built much faster than a lot of other vehicles. A buddy at work just ordered three vehicles (Hyundai Palisade, Kia Telluride, Chevy Traverse), each with a refundable deposit. He's going to keep the one that arrives first. All three dealers told him he could be waiting for a year. With the Chevy he said it could likely arrive without some options, which would be installed for free once they become available.

Brsox

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019. 4Runner TRD PRO
What? There's been a global supply chain disruption that's impacting the entire industry. It's not a question of if that disruption will impact production but how much.

What are you going to do, buy another make/model? Get used to disappointment. Yeah it sucks but Jeep is handling it better than most.
I think Jeep is doing ok considering the environment. I ordered a Bronco on 12/8/21 and was told 4-6 month wait. That was a pipe dream as I'm now closing in on 5 months and don't have a VIN or build date assigned. My dealer said someone at the dealership ordered 14 months ago and is still waiting. I currently have a 4runner TRD PRO and so I also put my name on a waiting list for a 2022 PRO as a backup. That was 3 months ago and my dealer said I may have to wait and get a 2023. So....On 4/14/22, I ordered a Wrangler. Joined Tread Lightly and got 1% under invoice plus first responder rebate. My dealer said I'll have it in 3 months. I am jaded so don't have high hopes but I did receive a VIN within 6 days. I'm 5 months in on the Bronco with no VIN. Of the 3 vehicles I now have on order, I'm most excited about the Wrangler. I love my 4runner but I've had 3 in a row and just need a change. I ordered the dual top option on the Wrangler and am excited about some top and doors off driving in the summer. I'm just kind of disgusted with the whole Bronco rollout and the zero communication from Ford or my dealer. The 4runner and Bronco orders are at MSRP so I got a far better deal on the Wrangler and I'll be able to sell my 4runner for more than I paid for it, 3 years ago.

MyfirstJeepwasaCJ5

First Name
Josue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2022
I ordered a Rubicon with the Xtreme Recon package on Jan 4, and I am still waiting (today is May 22). The Jeep is under Build d1 and I have no estimated delivery date :(. I do not know if I would do this again, I guess I have to wait until the end to see the entire experience to decide if I would do this again ....

Sponsored

RockAltered

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLR V6 AT & 23 Ram Limited 4x4
Occupation
Retired.
I ordered an 18 JLUR and 18 JLR in 12-17. The JLUR was delivered 5-18 dealer screwed me out of the JLR same month cause he could sell it for more. Bought 21 JL Sport S off the lot 12-20. Ordered 22 JLR 3-24-22 delivered 5-14-22. Best build quality is the 18 then 21 last 22. Mass produced parts assembled by humans some with pride some without.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Of course I would! I'd probably test drive a Bronco first to make sure if I didn't want that, though. I am really pleased with my wrangler though!

Also, I prefer factory ordering over buying one off the lot. If I went to order a Jeep from the dealer and they told me "hey Kyanche, we have this exact build on the lot right now, would you like to buy it?" I'd be very tempted... but ordering is pretty fun! I like tracking the build and getting the window sticker with my name on it lol. I like knowing that it was built FOR ME SPECIFICALLY. It never sat in the dealer lot, it didn't get used for test drives, just mine!

WhtRubi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
Every day of the week and twice on Sunday (if the dealership is accepting orders)!

Ordered thru Rob Trachtman at Tuttle Click Irvine in June 2021, delivered September 2021.
Sponsored