Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ronlutzii-photographer.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Occupation
Photographer
Does a CB antenna cable fit through here? I have the manual transmission so can't use the driver's side. I don't need power as I have the factory installed AUX switches and my battery wire is still free. Should I just drill a new hole and place a grommet then?
Sponsored

caf

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon EcoDiesel
Hi, does anyone know what the part number is for the cover that is mentioned in this thread? The one that covers the hole where the MT clutch cilinder would go in an automatic? I’d like to buy a couple of spares.

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
Hi all, How are you guys getting through the cab to the engine compartment for wiring? I am trying to wire up my ARB dual compressor which I am going to mount in the cargo area but it has to be wired directly to the battery.

I plan on drilling through the plastic to push the wires through and then because it is just plastic, I was going to silicone around the wires.

Anyone else have any better ideas? :idea:
I ran my wiring bundle for that dual ARB compressor under the jeep (via the rear passenger drain plug) as detailed in this install. Worked well.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Hi, does anyone know what the part number is for the cover that is mentioned in this thread? The one that covers the hole where the MT clutch cilinder would go in an automatic? I’d like to buy a couple of spares.
Firewall plug: 68336758AC PLUG-DASH

Reactions: caf

Sponsored

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JLUS, 2008 JLUX, 2018 JLUR
Hey, all

I was recently trying to run power from the battery to the rear cargo area and came across another firewall access hole for the Manual Transmission folks. It's on the driver's side beside the brake booster but NOT the hole used by the clutch. Circled in red in the first pic with the grommet still installed (but a little warped because I re-installed it to take the pic).

Jeep Wrangler JL wiring through the firewall 20210415_154710

Here it is with the grommet removed and you can (barely) see the white foam behind it:

Jeep Wrangler JL wiring through the firewall 20210415_150812

and, finally, a pic of under the dash where my fish-tape is coming out from behind the plastic in the far corner of the footwell. This is with the trim/kick panel removed:

Jeep Wrangler JL wiring through the firewall 20210415_160256

Hope this helps!

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh, and for reference: I ran (2) 8-gauge wires through this hole with plenty of room to spare. Was able to use the factory-installed grommet as well (although soapy water made that easier)

LatteSipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Sahara 6MT, '23 Highlander
Do you have a soft top? I have a '21 MT with hard top from the factory, and it looks like that grommet is used for the washer fluid tube to the rear window. Was hoping to be able to use your idea :)

Hey, all

I was recently trying to run power from the battery to the rear cargo area and came across another firewall access hole for the Manual Transmission folks. It's on the driver's side beside the brake booster but NOT the hole used by the clutch. Circled in red in the first pic with the grommet still installed (but a little warped because I re-installed it to take the pic).

Here it is with the grommet removed and you can (barely) see the white foam behind it:

and, finally, a pic of under the dash where my fish-tape is coming out from behind the plastic in the far corner of the footwell. This is with the trim/kick panel removed:

Hope this helps!

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you have a soft top? I have a '21 MT with hard top from the factory, and it looks like that grommet is used for the washer fluid tube to the rear window. Was hoping to be able to use your idea :)
Unfortunately, I do have a soft top... I wonder if you can still use that spot, though and just piggyback off the washer tube?

LatteSipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You mean fortunately :)

Ultimately for my project I settled on using the tube on the passenger side, but without removing the battery or fuse panel...spent an hour yesterday trying to fish a power wire through and no success yet, but I did cut the nipple off the tube so it's open...so close.

Unfortunately, I do have a soft top... I wonder if you can still use that spot, though and just piggyback off the washer tube?

Sponsored

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
..spent an hour yesterday trying to fish a power wire through and no success yet, but I did cut the nipple off the tube so it's open...so close.
Did you end up having luck with this? I'm getting ready for a project that requires this but I'm very uncertain how to get through without having to remove fenders, batteries, and fuse boxes.

LatteSipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you end up having luck with this? I'm getting ready for a project that requires this but I'm very uncertain how to get through without having to remove fenders, batteries, and fuse boxes.
I did, but it required removing everything above it; batteries, fuse box, air filter box, etc. No fenders though. I don’t recall everything now off the top of my head, I followed a guide…possibly Genesis dual battery install process? Have you come across that? It was very thorough, I took my time over the course of a weekend and it was more time consuming than difficult. I can look it up if you need I’m sure I bookmarked it.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
Hey, all

20210415_154710.jpeg

20210415_150812.jpeg

20210415_160256.jpeg

Hope this helps!
Any tips trying to get it to pop out in the footwell? I think I’m getting stuck i side the firewall or behind a plastic panel.
Edit: Got it after a beer break. Thanks for this post, I have a manual and needed to pass some 4 AWG through on the driver side.

Last edited:

fczabala

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR; X5
Clubs

life saver!! thanks!

Hey, all

Hope this helps!
Sponsored