Yet another thread about wiring through JL firewall

MEHillwalker80

First Name
Tom
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S JL 2 DR 1999 Chevy Suburban K1500
if you take both batteries, and the fuse box out, you can cut the nipple, and feed the wire from outside to inside, thats what i did, rather then trying to feel it thru from the inside, which as you said was a pain.
That's exactly what I did. I did it again a couple of weeks later when I installed my Dual Battery Kit.

tonyp913

First Name
Tony
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLURR
If you have the factory-installed AUX switches, there are extra battery and accessory wires in the wiring loom in the passenger footwell (and ground points on the frame). Super-easy install and plenty of options for concealing the wires.

H/T to Casey 250 for pointing this out in his install video (jump to the 5:19 mark): .

Anibal

First Name
Anibal
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara 2.0 2019
Sorry for the late response, been busy with contingency plannig at work, so haven't had time to look at this.

Will look for "The Jeep JL & Gladiator Dual Battery Kit Installation Guide", much appreciated!
Thank you! Your guidance is already helping me a lot. Hug!

Anibal

First Name
Anibal
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara 2.0 2019
Adding to the options. Here is another way to route wire. Did it today and it worked out pretty well. It's on the drivers side but I imagine it could be done on the pax side as well. No drilling required.
Routing Power Through Your Manual Transmission JL Firewall | Page 2 | 2018+ Jeep Wrangler Forums (JL / JLU) - Rubicon, Sahara, Sport, Unlimited - JLwranglerforums.com

Good night. I'm going to adopt this solution of yours by pulling the wire up because I'm going to install the radio transmitter in a horizontal bar next to the ceiling. With this idea of yours will not need any drilling. I bought the top bar that will serve as radio support there in the USA, already arrived in Brazil and now I'm waiting for the post office to deliver me, should take another week due to customs services. After installation I will post photos here of the whole process and how the installation was. I have received many suggestions and in what I am grateful to everyone and to you my thanks too.Hug.

Advertisement

Rancho

Advertisement