Windshield class action lawsuit?!?

Big E 59

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Recon
I’ve had rock chips in 2 trucks and a Maserati. Okay, now I got one in the Jeep I bought last year. 2020 Model. The insurance pays for this. No big deal
Sponsored

LKG

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUR (soon), Gen 2 Cummins, 22 Sport Alt. R.I.P
I really can't imagine there's anything going on here aside from the steep windshield. I would also be willing to bet that whoever Jeep sources them from makes glass for more than one model or manufacture as far as that goes.

Oddly enough the windshield in my YJ lasted the whole 4+ years I owned it. My brand new 22 got a big ole crack after about 2 months but whatever hit it was loud enough the scare the s#!t right out of me. In fact the rock or giant gnat like in the lawsuit hit right on the edge, took out a decent sized chunk. then I got to watch it grow for the next several days.

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
1. You realize that some Jeeper from 1960 thinks your current Jeep looks like a Rav 4 ?
2. I have all the options but somehow I missed the much unappreciated prostate heater. 😓
Shoulda got the cold weather package. If you sit in the seat just right, it'll heat your prostate. :CWL:

Luxy60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Willys 4xe, '17 Subaru Crosstrek
I think civil lawsuits can use a 'reasonable man' test.
I was referring to a civil suit in which the typical standard is a preponderance of the evidence.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

When I do get my front windshield replaced eventually, I honestly already plan on finding someone who will be willing to install a decent thickness sheet of polycarbonate. Sure it might be a few thousand dollars, but the thing will last through the apocalypse!
Removing your wipers? Polycarbonate scratches quite easily.

Sponsored

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Maybe the dude's gonna install a thick glass submarine portal directly above the steering wheel, that way he'll always have at least a foot of perfect, unscratched vision. But now I'm not sure if he should let the factory wipers scratch up the remaining plexiglass or instead, have just one tiny wiper blade to keep the portal clear 🤔

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
Yeah I thought about that. There's a company I believe on here who makes a film you can put on your front window to help with rock chips and stuff. I figured that stuff would be perfect to aid in protecting against scratches. It's definitely going to take some playing with it If it does happen.

OP
OP
TheNewGuy

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
When I do get my front windshield replaced eventually, I honestly already plan on finding someone who will be willing to install a decent thickness sheet of polycarbonate. Sure it might be a few thousand dollars, but the thing will last through the apocalypse!
It already looks like it's been through the apocalypse 🤣