Sponsored

Will adjustable rear LCAs and trackbar make that much difference?

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
IMO , I wouldn’t do anything to rear axles without having both uppers and lowers. If use uppers to rotate axle, this will cause springs to bow, and won’t be as effective. It’s not like the front where pinion angle is not as important due to the FAD. The rear pinion angle is more important, so it’s best to move, and rotate at the same time. Just some .02.
Yeah, that way you can make the most out of that alignment visit.

Great looking Jeep you've got there!
Thank you.
Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I am seeing more Jeeps running with 20's. A lot of Jeepers frown upon them here. I watched a CJ Pony company video for off-roading and the Jeeper doing it had 20's doing some hard trails.

I have not had a good chance to get out on some good off-road trails. DFW is trail landlocked. Been to little off-road parks but nothing big yet. I have 20" Vapor Fuel Wheels with Toyo 35's and Mopar lift.

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
Yeah, that way you can make the most out of that alignment visit.

Great looking Jeep you've got there!
IMO , I wouldn’t do anything to rear axles without having both uppers and lowers. If use uppers to rotate axle, this will cause springs to bow, and won’t be as effective. It’s not like the front where pinion angle is not as important due to the FAD. The rear pinion angle is more important, so it’s best to move, and rotate at the same time. Just some .02.
???

928618CD-11D6-431D-9E09-6FE75BAD7DBD.png

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
I am seeing more Jeeps running with 20's. A lot of Jeepers frown upon them here. I watched a CJ Pony company video for off-roading and the Jeeper doing it had 20's doing some hard trails.

I have not had a good chance to get out on some good off-road trails. DFW is trail landlocked. Been to little off-road parks but nothing big yet. I have 20" Vapor Fuel Wheels with Toyo 35's and Mopar lift.
I agree with others that most 20” wheels look terrible on our jeeps. However,, I really liked the looks of these on 37s. I’m happy with my choice.

Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with others that most 20” wheels look terrible on our jeeps. However,, I really liked the looks of these on 37s. I’m happy with my choice.
I am happy with mine to a point. I didn't want to wait for 6 to 8 weeks for the 35/12.50/17 tires (Last February tires were back-ordered )to come in at the time my Jeep came in so I went with what my Dealership had on hand 35/12.50/20 Toyo tires and changed Wheel order to 20's.

I really wasn't thinking about what off-road really need 17" to have more rubber sidewall. That was my mistake. I thought about seeing about 37's but looking at your tires it has not helped increase the sidewall rubber for rocks.

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
I gotta agree with Roky. They seem to have earned a solid reputation for making quality parts.
Anyone know if I will run into any problems with my wheels and the Clayton’s?

Pretty sure they are 20x9 with +1 offset.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone know if I will run into any problems with my wheels and the Clayton’s?

Pretty sure they are 20x9 with +1 offset.
I just read the product page, and the rear uppers are purposely bent inward for tire clearance when stuffing a wheel. It's also spec'd to work with 0-5" lifts. And your wheel and tire combo has shifted your inner sidewall outward by about an inch, compared to stock. Shy of 1st hand experience with them, I'd think you should be good to go.

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
I just read the product page, and the rear uppers are purposely bent inward for tire clearance when stuffing a wheel. It's also spec'd to work with 0-5" lifts. And your wheel and tire combo has shifted your inner sidewall outward by about an inch, compared to stock. Shy of 1st hand experience with them, I'd think you should be good to go.
You are Awesome,, thank You Sir!

I had sent an email to Clayton and not heard back from them

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
You are Awesome,, thank You Sir!

I had sent an email to Clayton and not heard back from them
No problem, Kasey!

Let's page them and ask.

@Clayton Off Road
kapk22 is interested in your rear control arm set, but is curious if they will properly clear 20x9 wheels with +1mm offset wrapped in 37x13.50 tires. The Jeep is a 21 JLUR with the mopar lift. Thanks for any info you can provide.

OP
OP
kapk22

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
No problem, Kasey!

Let's page them and ask.

@Clayton Off Road
kapk22 is interested in your rear control arm set, but is curious if they will properly clear 20x9 wheels with +1mm offset wrapped in 37x13.50 tires. The Jeep is a 21 JLUR with the mopar lift. Thanks for any info you can provide.
Adam, with Clayton emailed me back and confirmed they will work. I submitted the order this afternoon from northridge. Thanks guys.

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Sorry guys, was on vacation last week! That setup will work perfectly! :like:

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Should be arriving tomorrow. When I get the trackbar in, I will schedule a day to put them on and get the alignment squared away.
Welcome to the Clayton family! :rock:
Sponsored