Sponsored

Adjustable Rear Trackbar - pros & cons

BamaJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Sting Grey
Looking for advice on whether it is best to go with a lift that has a fully adjustable rear trackbar or instead a relocation bracket. I’ve seen some complete lifts use a fully adjustable one while others supply a relocation bracket. Is there a reason to pick one over the other? I feel like I read somewhere one Company mention something cryptically about making sure you are fully aware of the difference before you purchase but couldn’t figure out why.
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Looking for advice on whether it is best to go with a lift that has a fully adjustable rear trackbar or instead a relocation bracket. I’ve seen some complete lifts use a fully adjustable one while others supply a relocation bracket. Is there a reason to pick one over the other? I feel like I read somewhere one Company mention something cryptically about making sure you are fully aware of the difference before you purchase but couldn’t figure out why.
You can get buy with the relo bracket. It raises the track bar so the rear axle gets centered, but it doesn’t center the axle perfectly if your lift is 3.5 or more. I’m running both, adj. tb, and the relo bracket. With my ocd , my axle had to be perfectly centered, and some say it helps with roll center, but to be honest, for me the difference is minimal. I think it’s more noticeable on lifts 4” or more.

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
A relocation bracket will work but I went with Rock Krawler adjustable front and rear to get the axles close as possible to center.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
On my 2.5" RK lift, the relocation bracket has my rear axle centered almost perfectly. I will be ditching it in a few months and getting a rear adjustable trackbar though. With the bracket, I can't use a Metalcloak rear diff skid plate as the TB bracket U-bolts occupy the same space as the rear diff slider u-bolts. I've heard other brands rear diff skids will fit with the TB bracket, but my son is installing front (with skid) and rear Metalcloak diff covers this weekend and I want the rear skid to match the front.

Otherwise, I've been happy with the relocation bracket.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
On my 2.5" RK lift, the relocation bracket has my rear axle centered almost perfectly. I will be ditching it in a few months and getting a rear adjustable trackbar though. With the bracket, I can't use a Metalcloak rear diff skid plate as the TB bracket U-bolts occupy the same space as the rear diff slider u-bolts. I've heard other brands rear diff skids will fit with the TB bracket, but my son is installing front (with skid) and rear Metalcloak diff covers this weekend and I want the rear skid to match the front.

Otherwise, I've been happy with the relocation bracket.
I've had my eye on the Metalcloak rear diff skid. Its part reason why I went with the Synergy rear track bar relocation bracket. It doesnt extend further inboard on the axle tube.

Sponsored

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I've had my eye on the Metalcloak rear diff skid. Its part reason why I went with the Synergy rear track bar relocation bracket. It doesnt extend further inboard on the axle tube.
The RK bracket came with my lift, so that's what I used to get me by. I figure it's time to go ahead and upgrade the rear track bar as that's one less stock suspension piece I have to deal with.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The RK bracket came with my lift, so that's what I used to get me by. I figure it's time to go ahead and upgrade the rear track bar as that's one less stock suspension piece I have to deal with.
I started off with an adjustable rear track bar. I kept reading about how raising rear roll center helps to stabilize "tail wag". I didn't notice it on the true 2" Dynatrac lift that had me about 1.75" over stock. But its when I switched to a 3.5" lift, which gave at least 4.25", that it was noticeable. I wanted to reinforce that track bar chassis brackets, so I figured what the hell and also got the axle side. I wish that I had done one at a time, so I would know exactly how much credit goes to each piece. I didn't make it but 3 houses down the block before already feeling how solid and planted the rear end was. It didn't feel loose before, but damn it was now planted. It also cut down the amount of steering corrections, just enough to pick up on.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hey bud, if you get the RK track bar and install it with the bracket, just a heads up. On mine with 3.5” spring, I had to tighten it all the way up plus an extra umf, rendering the jamb nut useless, to get dead balls centered. So I can’t remember if you’re on 2.5 or 3.5 lift, but might be to long for 2.5.
Every Jeeps different, but this is what happened on mine.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey bud, if you get the RK track bar and install it with the bracket, just a heads up. On mine with 3.5” spring, I had to tighten it all the way up plus an extra umf, rendering the jamb nut useless, to get dead balls centered. So I can’t remember if you’re on 2.5 or 3.5 lift, but might be to long for 2.5.
You brought up a great point! :fist bump: If memory serves, not all track bars can collapse to fit a stock height Jeep, which is essentially what the relocation bracket simulates in a lifted Jeep.

I'm on a 3.5" lift and my Synergy rear track bar is only a few flats away from fully compressed, to get the rear axle centered with the Synergy relocation bracket.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Roky. Running a 2.5" for now. The plan is to ditch the bracket all together and just go with the adj rear TB. Might add the Synergy rear track bar brace as an insurance piece.
Sponsored