Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
Clubs

Paddle shifters
Cooled front Seats
Front Camera
Definitely cooled front seats. Especially with the type of vehicle that has it's doors and tops off. I felt like that should've came first before heated seats.
Sponsored

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
Paddle shifters
I drive off road. It is handy to switch to manual and then move between first and second all with one lever. Paddle shifters effectivly means 3 levers and would be very confusing.

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
I drive off road. It is handy to switch to manual and then move between first and second all with one lever. Paddle shifters effectivly means 3 levers and would be very confusing.
It's really not bad, just consider it a secondary choice that you don't have to use.

Not 100% sure how the 392 is wired, but the car I'm driving now has the regular automatic gear level that you offset to the left and manually up/downshift, but at any time (even in auto) the small paddles can be used for the same purpose. It's honestly really handy for quickly overriding the automatic transmission for engine braking or anticipating a hill before it figures shit out on its own. I use it all the time just to downshift a gear or two and then let the auto-trans automatically resume what it was doing.

They don't get in the way at all and other drivers honestly have no idea they're even there.

Deleted member 72291

1. Option for Sky One-Touch top in the same tan color as the soft top
2. Vented/cooled seats
3. Battery with bigger range for the 4xe
4. Lower the front Trail cam so you can also have the Mopar or Bolt hood lock
5. Redesign center control console and steering wheel/column to move control buttons and/or replace many of them with a larger touch-screen and touch-screen controls

OP
OP
danzy55

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
4. Wireless Carplay/Android Auto (keeping the 8.4" display)
5. A redesigned console that's actually useful
6. A/C seats option
7. Ability to order soft-top + half doors without having to have full doors too
8. Carpet delete option (with Armorlite avail from factory)
9. LED package standard (like damn near every other OEM on the planet)
#4, 7, 8 and especially 9...AGREE 100%%

Sponsored

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
I’d love to see just a plain, base Jeep (hose out interior), packages that would let you build what you want on an older (ie, Rubicon pkg with ONLY off road stuff). That way you could order a real capable base Jeep. The “luxury” stuff could be rolled into a couple other packages for those that want them. How about half doors with soft upper standard on soft top Jeeps, with full door optional on soft tops and standard on hardtops. There is really no reason why the couldn’t do these things on factory orders. All options should be available on both two and four doors.

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
I’d love to see just a plain, base Jeep (hose out interior), packages that would let you build what you want on an older (ie, Rubicon pkg with ONLY off road stuff). That way you could order a real capable base Jeep. The “luxury” stuff could be rolled into a couple other packages for those that want them. How about half doors with soft upper standard on soft top Jeeps, with full door optional on soft tops and standard on hardtops. There is really no reason why the couldn’t do these things on factory orders. All options should be available on both two and four doors.
Think that's a great idea and there's really no reason why Jeep should have so many different trims that serve to do nothing but limit consumer choice. Especially for a vehicle that likely loses a lot of option sales due to the insane amount of aftermarket parts available.

I'd love to spec something more akin to a 2-door Sahara (that no longer exists in the US, but does for export). Get the painted hard top and fenders, and LED lighting that aren't available on anything lower than a Rubicon, add in the factory lift and off-road tires, steel bumper and maybe the heated grey leather seats from the High Altitude trim. Red dash/decal delete. Honestly don't think I need the lockers and gearing from the Rubicon for most terrain around here. And maybe even down-spec to the all-black Willys wheels.

That's simply something I can't spec right now on even the most expensive 2-door trim.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
The one big thing I would love to see, is gearing options for the 2 door other than Rubicon. 4.10, 4.56, 4.88 available from the factory, for people that know what tires/wheels they want, even if Stellantis won't offer a tire choice. 35's on the 2 door and a 4.56 gear available for the 6 speed manual, would be a happy place for us. If I could just get the gears, tires/wheels are a bolt-on.

XR package on the 2 door Willys would have been something we probably would have checked when we ordered last December, if it had been an option. 6 speed manual, 4.56 gears, 35" tires, yep, that's the way we would have done it.

4.10 with the 33's is working perfectly now, but I sure would have rather just checked a box.
Gearing options period! Wanted 4.10’s ,NOPE!, 3.73 or 4.56 with XR and too late to add XR so start wait again with reorder, plus price increase since ordering (price locked), declined. Removable SOT rear window ( retrofit for existing), larger fuel tank or aux tank (retrofit )MDS Off button/knob like my GC ( retrofit ,won’t happen)

Last edited:

DarkStorm

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Ok let’s see…

1. XR 37” tire package with slightly more lift for clearance
2. Soft top only option for the 392
3. Brake upgrade option (brembo style) for 392
4. U-connect 5
5. Fox 2.5” shock option for XR package
6. Cooled seat option
7. Rear security deck option. Assuming they can make something better than the crappy aftermarket ones

Sponsored

Industrialwrench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 SRT Challenger. 18 4Runner off-road premium.
I’d like the option of picking a different gear set for the manual transmission. I’m not the biggest fan of second and third ratios. Maybe that’s because I’ve got the 4.88s and haven’t increased my tire size from the stock 33s though. I’ll probably be happier with the transmission ratios once I’m running 35s or 37s. But 2 is almost useless and 3 is more of a quick bump than anything. There was a small moment where I wanted the 392 shoved in a two door, but that’s just nonsense.

echelon37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon, 2022 Gobi on order!
1. Option for Sky One-Touch top in the same tan color as the soft top
2. Vented/cooled seats
3. Battery with bigger range for the 4xe
4. Lower the front Trail cam so you can also have the Mopar or Bolt hood lock
5. Redesign center control console and steering wheel/column to move control buttons and/or replace many of them with a larger touch-screen and touch-screen controls
The 12" RAM screen would be interesting, and likely fit well without much redesign of the current stack.

Jeep Wrangler JL What we need for 2023.... 1655747609722

ZBRA

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SJ Cherokee, SJ Gladiator, JKU, & JL
  • XR on the 2-door.
  • 6-speed available with more engine options.
  • Vinyl "wash out" floor option.
  • Removable side panels on the 2-door hard top.
  • A darker blue paint option.
  • Price reducing steel-wheel option on the Rubicon

It's a Jeep, not a Cadillac. You can keep the rear A/C, heated cooled seats, television-sized radios that'll play with your cell phone, heated steering wheels, butt warmer/cooler, illumined cup-holders, lane keeping, adaptive cruise control, power top, and all that other Lexus type crap.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
wonder if Jeep will continue to offer up new options, packages, features to keep pace with the competition. Things I would love to see

1. XR package on a 2dr
2. New turbo inline 6
3. Offering more Mopar Jeep accessories to a factory build

Those in a 2-door would make me order same day they were announced:like: