Sponsored

What was your first modification??

Dp227

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR 6MT
Black radio antenna. Kinda lame, but the silver looked odd to me with black accents on everything else.
Sponsored

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
First thing I added was GooGone to all those damn decals and badges - Just kept the Rubicon trail rated badge.
Good riddance "unlimited" !!!

zdr

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon V6 6-Speed Manual
My first mod was Rubicon takeoff tires, followed shortly by Rubicon takeoff shocks and springs, and Mopar LCA. Last modification was to remove the little battery completely and change the stock large battery for a new one from Batteries+.
May I ask why you changed/removed the batteries?

Sponsored

Lager

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Diesel
I know this is a bit lame but the first thing I added was to have the front two windows tinted to match the rear windows.

Then I added a hammock to the rear seats to keep the dogs in the back, they like to help me drive...lol.

I ordered a Banks PedalMonster through the FB group buy and it should be here tomorrow.

Not planning any wheel/tire/suspension upgrades for now as a stock Rubi is enough for the wheeling I'm doing now.

Sponsored

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
May I ask why you changed/removed the batteries?
I didn't care about ESS. The little battery is a pain because it doesn't seem to last very long and if it fails it can cause other electrical problems. Having just the one battery is more straightforward with one big "if" involved. When I started my trips out in the middle of nowhere I decided my 2.5 year old battery might be questionable so I bought a new battery for peace of mind, and I bought the one that I thought was the most reliable that I could buy.

Alex01

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Wrangler, 2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Hey everyone, I just ordered my first '21 JL and can't wait to have it in the drive and out on the trails. Last few weeks I have been drooling over all the potential modifications and wanted to ask everyone here:

What was the first thing you added and was there anything you did that you regretted or would do differently??

Cheers,

H
The first thing I added was the brackets for the freedom panels to attach to since our jeep was a factory soft top and we bought a hardtop from the dealer.

The first "mod" though was a 2.5" gamechanger lift. So far I am very happy with it and I'm happy that the jeep still has a stock-like ride.

jackgraves7

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
LED Headlights and switchbacks. Everything else could wait but those stock headlights pale in comparison.

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
While I already have about $10K in parts waiting for it, I think my priority is going to be to set it up for flat towing so… wiring harness RVI brake system tow rated bumper with winch.

CWOFOR

First Name
Chet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevrolet Avalanche/2022 Harley Freewheeler
Occupation
Retired Marine CWO-4
Took the end caps off as soon as I got home, followed by a K&N air filter.
The mod I regret is the "loop delete" kit; I have an after market muffler (Cherrybomb) and the loop delete caused a HUGE drone and loss of low end torque. I am in the process of putting the loop back on.
Welcome to the community and keep the rubber side down.
Sponsored