What was your first modification??

Trainman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Willys 2dr
Regular gasoline and them I just drove it for three years with no modifications, I guess I was lucky to find it works just fine and didn't spend thousands to keep it going.
Sponsored

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Wow, thank you! That was way more comprehensive a review than I expected. Much appreciated!
haha yeah sorry if you read all the way through that. I get all wordy like that from time to time. I could either work, or I could word vomit all over a jeep forum. I often choose the latter.

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport (sold), 2021 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
haha yeah sorry if you read all the way through that. I get all wordy like that from time to time. I could either work, or I could word vomit all over a jeep forum. I often choose the latter.
No worries, I suffer from the same ailment. 😆

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
JLUS-
changed tires out to rubicon tires white letter out.
tinted front windows.
removed the silly looking euro fender pieces.
and then a bunch of other stuff as i went and figured out what i needed. lol.

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe "Bridgette"
Screen protector for the 8.4" radio. 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

JustDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
Picked it up from the dealer with a Mopar lift, 35's, 456 gears. Two days later, I put front & rear bumpers , side steps & a warn winch on. A few days later put KC Daylighters on.

JustDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
JLUS-
changed tires out to rubicon tires white letter out.
tinted front windows.
removed the silly looking euro fender pieces.
and then a bunch of other stuff as i went and figured out what i needed. lol.
What euro fender pieces & what did you do?

Wraif

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 2-door manual Rubicon, 09 JKU
Hey everyone, I just ordered my first '21 JL and can't wait to have it in the drive and out on the trails. Last few weeks I have been drooling over all the potential modifications and wanted to ask everyone here:

What was the first thing you added and was there anything you did that you regretted or would do differently??

Cheers,

H
I have a 19 2-door Rubicon, my very first mod was the Hard Rock all aluminum skid plate system. It protects from the oil pan back to the muffler and gas tank and goes from one frame rail to the other. Then came the AAL fender kit and sequential turn signals. The one you gotta check out is the 67 Design phone holder, mounts to the top of the dash and is fantastic. Don’t get the shiny carbon fiber, I see that reflection in my windshield constantly. Sorry that was 3.

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
I believe my first mod was the 13' AntennaX Off-Road antenna & Mopar license plate bracket to ditch what the dealer had installed... a lot more came shortly thereafter but these were my first two.

Sponsored

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
What euro fender pieces & what did you do?
Its on the sport. Fills the gap between the bumper and fender. Took the piece off cut the filler part off and used what was left as a piece to cover the wires and what not on the backside of the bumper

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
57BADC92-4B7E-4752-BA64-AE686C8935BC.jpeg

Rewired my first compressor to run off the 7-pin. I never had to lift my hood once to air up. Ran with just this for months, then did radio and recovery jack mount.
I've been meaning to do this for a while, thanks for reminding me. I think I originally stole this idea from you too.

I added some 45 amp Anderson Powerpoles so I can still use the clamps on other vehicles.

Jeep Wrangler JL What was your first modification?? 20210901_173914

If you don't like the weird, floppy Viair bag that uses clips for the top flap, a Rothco mechanics bag perfectly fit my Viair RV compressor, together with a short hose and chuck. The wire is long enough to reach the back tires. I keep the long coiled hose and gun separate.

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
Took it out and used it to find what I needed most...after getting a pump to air up the tires after the trip. I believe all I'll need is a proper 2 inch lift on 35's. Which will likely lead to a spare tire reinforcement kit. On board air would be nice too. and a shade that will work with the sky touch roof. I'll also be installing piping to keep the small dirt and rocks from lodging between the body and rear fenders before I head out again. The stones are a pain to get out.
Hotheads makes a shade to work with the SOT. I don’t have it, so can’t comment on it. I do have the HH SOT liner, and love it.

OP
OP
DirtyHaraldson

DirtyHaraldson

First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.harrisongiven.com
Vehicle(s)
On Order - 2021 JL Sport S
Occupation
Instructional Designer
A dead pedal was the first real thing I did, my only regret was not loctiting it down.
Smart, I'm tall as well so this will be useful. Got a shopping list created and this is at the top. Cheers
Sponsored