Sponsored

Come on, admit it. Your first time was amazing.

G Man

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport 2 Door
OK, thru social media, I met a jeep group at our local trails. I told them I was a noob, and there were other noob's also. I ask the trail boss if he was going to be friendly and he said sure, we'll only go to level 3 trails, your 2" lifted JL with 35's will be fine. He said "Let's disco and air down". Knowing what that meant I set pressure to 16 and crawled underneath my jeep and disconnected the sway bar, (can't wait for a good quick disconnect solution).

Off we go to the trails. We set up and had a drivers meeting to discuss protocol on the trail. The trail boss then said we would be on TRO, which he said is a level 4 trail, but he said it was mostly a level 3 with a few "bumps".

Man what a great time. I can't believe what my JL can do. It handled every single obstacle thrown at it. We did bail on the last leg because the trailboss said the trail wasn't bad but the exit was tough. I'm glad we did. We met up with the group a little later and we were told every single jeep had to be winched out or pulled up out of the trail.

Thanks "Greg" for guiding the group and thanks to all the jeepsters out there. What a great group of people.

Now to go clean up and get ready for next weekend!

G man
Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Great story. Thanks for sharing. Love the acceptance of noobs and non-judgmental attitude. I know you'll pay the kindness back to some noob some day.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I've been enjoying off road parks for many years, but sometimes I have just as much fun watching other guys attempt the extremely technical stuff. :)

Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
...so I'm alone at this bar, and out of nowhere this "tall glass of cool water" walks up to the counter, with gams up to her neck and orders a Rum and Coke.

seizing on the opportunity I....

P.S. oh, wait, we're talking trails here, sorry;)

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
...so I'm alone at this bar, and out of nowhere this "tall glass of cool water" walks up to the counter, with gams up to her neck and orders a Rum and Coke.

seizing on the opportunity I....

P.S. oh, wait, we're talking trails here, sorry;)
You just used "gams" in a sentence. I thought only Chicago gangsters from the 1930's in pinstripe suits and carrying Tommy guns described legs that way! ;)

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
You just used "gams" in a sentence. I thought only Chicago gangsters from the 1930's in pinstripe suits and carrying Tommy guns described legs that way! ;)

:)you got the original Dragnet Detective tone....done by design....

the only "gams" I know was a nickname for grandma

Covet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 22 392, 22 4xe JLUR sold x3, 24 392
OK, thru social media, I met a jeep group at our local trails. I told them I was a noob, and there were other noob's also. I ask the trail boss if he was going to be friendly and he said sure, we'll only go to level 3 trails, your 2" lifted JL with 35's will be fine. He said "Let's disco and air down". Knowing what that meant I set pressure to 16 and crawled underneath my jeep and disconnected the sway bar, (can't wait for a good quick disconnect solution).

Off we go to the trails. We set up and had a drivers meeting to discuss protocol on the trail. The trail boss then said we would be on TRO, which he said is a level 4 trail, but he said it was mostly a level 3 with a few "bumps".

Man what a great time. I can't believe what my JL can do. It handled every single obstacle thrown at it. We did bail on the last leg because the trailboss said the trail wasn't bad but the exit was tough. I'm glad we did. We met up with the group a little later and we were told every single jeep had to be winched out or pulled up out of the trail.

Thanks "Greg" for guiding the group and thanks to all the jeepsters out there. What a great group of people.

G man
Totally jumped in this tread based on the title. Now i am going to read and prob have more stuff to say

Covet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 22 392, 22 4xe JLUR sold x3, 24 392

G man
Then the meet up after the tail(s) had lots of beer for everyone! - perfect ending to an awesome experience for ya! It only takes a few trips like that and soon you just might be tying off and tapping for a good vein like some of us lol! Wheeling gets pretty addictive, real fast. Great story and I an glade to see that people from my home state treated you well.
Sponsored