Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Top three things I HATE about my JL
In order:
Auto Park
Auto Park
Auto Park

Seriously F that stupid safety nanny feature.
You do know it was an option and not standard, right?
Sponsored

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
You do know it was an option and not standard, right?
I do not believe this is correct.

I'm thinking you misunderstand the feature I am unhappy with. It puts the jeep into park anytime the door is not completely closed. It is a standard safety nanny feature and is a PITA when moving the jeep a few feet in or out of the garage or on the trail if you are in and out of it.

It is deactivated in 4-lo though.

Additionally, it can not be deactivated with the Taser.

Only way around it that I have found is with a seat belt buckle extension but I have been unable to find a quality one. I've bought a couple but they are junk and fall apart quickly.

I guess the other option is to remove my doors and throw them away. I think it is deactivated when the doors are removed.

JL ME

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys ,2006 Roadking , 2008 Hayabusa
Occupation
Industrial Maintenance

I'm thinking you misunderstand the feature I am unhappy with. It puts the jeep into park anytime the door is not completely closed. It is a standard safety nanny feature and is a PITA when moving the jeep a few feet in or out of the garage or on the trail if you are in and out of it.

It is deactivated in 4-lo though.

Additionally, it can not be deactivated with the Taser.

Only way around it that I have found is with a seat belt buckle extension but I have been unable to find a quality one. I've bought a couple but they are junk and fall apart quickly.

I guess the other option is to remove my doors and throw them away. I think it is deactivated when the doors are removed.

just unhook the wire in the wiring harness for the door plug that tells the jeep the door is open.

I just leave the door harness unplugged and tuck it into the storage net on the door.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon

I understood the feature. It’s part of the “Safety Group” and not a standard option. Not all JLs come with it.

EDIT: I did misunderstand the feature, so that's on me. I guess I fixated on Autopark. Sorry!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Poor guy here, base sport, I have it. Its standard on all newer Jeeps
Did you order or buy a 2022? Jeep's site, which is not always accurate admittedly, shows the safety package as an option still. There's nothing else on this forum suggesting it's standard and if you're talking about your 2019, it definitely wasn't standard then.

EDIT: I did misunderstand the feature, so that's on me. I guess I fixated on Autopark. Sorry!

Last edited:

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
Your 33s should allow you to see 8th gear at highway speeds. Most likely as the others suggest, your tire size hasnt been registered in the computer to adjust the transmission shift points.

Also, a regear is the absolute best thing you can do to an oversize tires equipped Jeep. Your Jeep would turn the tires as easily as it did the stock tires. Since you are ready to spend on an CAI and aftermarket exhaust, save that money and put it on a regear since you are halfway there with the savings.

Rubigone

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Did you order or buy a 2022? Jeep's site, which is not always accurate admittedly, shows the safety package as an option still. There's nothing else on this forum suggesting it's standard and if you're talking about your 2019, it definitely wasn't standard then.
It’s an unlisted safety feature not a convenience feature and added standard to the wrangler. They added it after some guy ran himself over with his car after forgetting to put it in park.

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have a 18 JLUR 8AT 3.6L with mopar lift and 315/70/17 MT tires. I haven't recalibrated the speedo yet but once I get on the highway I slap it in 8th gear in manual mode and just use cruise control,

I can get 24+ mpg all highway, if I see the highway starts to incline I just speed up and so I don't have to down shift.

Sponsored

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Get some 5.13s. I didn't see 8th gear for a long time but just recently took a trip high alt and noticed I was actually in 8th for once. Still only got 14mpg but that's high for me. I don't have 5.13s that's an expensive upgrade. If I dailied I'd 100% do it.

U EEDIOT

First Name
Scott!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 2006 Trailblazer SS
Occupation
Did my time. https://youtu.be/mj1dd0Kcq8A?si=h8gOFKS0rg7hysV6

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
What I really hate is when im driving 140 the is stays on the 7th
I'm assuming you mean 140 KPH. I'm not sure you could drive any JLU at that speed and have it stay in 8th. (That's 87MPH.)
My Sport has 33" tires and at 70-75 MPH it will use 8th gear only under optimum conditions.

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
Poor guy here, base sport, I have it. Its standard on all newer Jeeps
My 20 Sport S has it as well. No “safety package”, it’s just one of the Nannie’s. 16 Ram truck has the same thing. Don’t like it, esp when in and out doing a trailer hook up, but there it is. Another attempt make the world idiot proof-problem is, every time you do so along comes a better idiot😏. I personally would rather let nature take its course-help strengthen the gene pool😉

JLTruman

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler jlus bright white
Vehicle Showcase
My 20 Sport S has it as well. No “safety package”, it’s just one of the Nannie’s. 16 Ram truck has the same thing. Don’t like it, esp when in and out doing a trailer hook up, but there it is. Another attempt make the world idiot proof-problem is, every time you do so along comes a better idiot😏. I personally would rather let nature take its course-help strengthen the gene pool😉
Totally agree
Sponsored