Sponsored

What do you think about the reduced electric range?

cutandrun

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 turbo, Mercedes G550, Rubicon 4xe
First they said:
Was 40 milesBack In'08.jpg

Then they said: 25 miles.
Now they say:
TodaysStats.jpg

Thoughts? In my world this is not a favorable trend.
If electric range is your main concern, then it’s hard to argue. For me, getting more torque than the diesel, equal torque to the hemi, an extra 100 or so hp over the V6 or turbo, way better mileage than the hemi, and all at a net price about $25k under the hemi—is not a hard decision.
Sponsored

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Built Rubicon replaced modestly built stolen '87 XJ
Occupation
Nose Picker
If electric range is your main concern,
The subject content pointed to the trend of conflicting, misleading EV performance data as advertised over the years. Defending your purchase decision by denying that electric only range should be a relevant factor when purchasing a PHEV is a non sequitur.

NeverTell Me the Facts.jpg

Jocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue 4xe Rubicon
The subject content pointed to the trend of conflicting, misleading EV performance data as advertised over the years. Defending your purchase decision by denying that electric only range should be a relevant factor when purchasing a PHEV is a non sequitur.
What do you mean by over the years? I admit I've only been paying close attention to the 4xe specifically. Is this something that Jeep has done in the past? I'm only aware of Jeep's initial estimation for the 4xe of 25 miles and then the EPA's final verdict of 21.

25 would have been nice. Though personally I was hooked about 3 seconds after the HP/torque was shown in that initial reveal video. Haha. I'm happy those numbers did not change.

Sjbiss

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubicon 4xe
I find it interesting because I have been consistently getting 25 miles. I think Jeep was dead on with their estimate.

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
28 to 33 here. But I really have to hypermile to hit 33. Also, I'm in flat Florida.

My typical no highway range is 29 miles.
Sponsored