First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Do any of you know if sag will occur between the lights and the winch. I know the winch is heavier but the lights are more than I anticipated. I understand the 392 suspension is already beefed up and I’m wondering if from the factory it will be fine.

4C289427-1557-481A-BB58-FB0A406A330D.jpeg
Sponsored

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
Do any of you know if sag will occur between the lights and the winch. I know the winch is heavier but the lights are more than I anticipated. I understand the 392 suspension is already beefed up and I’m wondering if from the factory it will be fine.

Jeep Wrangler JL Warn Zeon 8S + Camping 4C289427-1557-481A-BB58-FB0A406A330D
yes sag will happen from the additional weight of the winch, etc.... but if the rake is enough that bothers you is all dependant on what you like. The wranglers already have a little rake (rear end higher) to their stance. Another factor in this equation is what you do on the rear end. If you end up adding the same weight in the rear then your stance will not change much (if at all), but your vehicle will sit a little lower. Springs are designed to hold a certain amount of weight up, if you add weight then the springs will compress more.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
yes sag will happen from the additional weight of the winch, etc.... but if the rake is enough that bothers you is all dependant on what you like. The wranglers already have a little rake (rear end higher) to their stance. Another factor in this equation is what you do on the rear end. If you end up adding the same weight in the rear then your stance will not change much (if at all), but your vehicle will sit a little lower. Springs are designed to hold a certain amount of weight up, if you add weight then the springs will compress more.
I don’t like the look of that at all. Well I just have to buy a better suspension system?

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
I don’t like the look of that at all. Well I just have to buy a better suspension system?
I'd wait until its all installed and then assess what you need. If you're happy with the suspension ride (like you dont need stiffer springs, etc), then a simple puck spacer to level out the suspension is a great way to go since the winch shouldn't make a huge difference and there are puck spacers in an assortment of options up to 1.5in. I don't know, but my guess is you'll probably only see 1/2in of sag - But again I don't know, I'm just guessing. I'd recommend waiting and seeing how it all sits before you go and buy something.

Sponsored

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
Man your 392 is going to get some of the best upgrades! nice!

You should look into those factor 55 ultra-hooks:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E4AQ9CY/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_6?smid=A2UUWCCR4G5EFA&psc=1
Try to avoid buying recovery gear from amazon, you'll either over pay for name brands or get crap.
Hands down the best place to get Factor55 stuff is Explore Outdoor US. They're in OR so no tax, and their prices are as low as they are allowed to sell them. Plus on top of that, they donate some of their proceeds to a good cause, childhood cancer. The owners are really good people.

Frankly I buy as much as I can from them because the prices are great w/o tax and free shipping, plus my money also goes to help a good cause.

PillowFightr

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Data Center Engineer
Try to avoid buying recovery gear from amazon, you'll either over pay for name brands or get crap.
Hands down the best place to get Factor55 stuff is Explore Outdoor US. They're in OR so no tax, and their prices are as low as they are allowed to sell them. Plus on top of that, they donate some of their proceeds to a good cause, childhood cancer. The owners are really good people.

Frankly I buy as much as I can from them because the prices are great w/o tax and free shipping, plus my money also goes to help a good cause.
Oh I totally agree!

I was just trying to show the OP a fast link for a quick product pictures and variations (different colors and kinds of the factor stuff) plus everyone knows how to navigate amazon quickly..

I am assuming he will shop around and get the stuff from his favorite local dealer to support his local economy or get the stuff from places like Explore Outdoor US that support good causes!

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
A good way to get a deal on a Warn is look for a 10%off coupon at Home Depot. Sometimes, not always, those will work.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
I'd wait until its all installed and then assess what you need. If you're happy with the suspension ride (like you dont need stiffer springs, etc), then a simple puck spacer to level out the suspension is a great way to go since the winch shouldn't make a huge difference and there are puck spacers in an assortment of options up to 1.5in. I don't know, but my guess is you'll probably only see 1/2in of sag - But again I don't know, I'm just guessing. I'd recommend waiting and seeing how it all sits before you go and buy something.
Will do :) A suspension or lift was going to be one of my last purchase anyways. Was planning for at least three months before doing anything to the actual suspension or lift. I like the puck spacer idea though!

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner

Sponsored

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
Thanks :) I’m really excited to get it and my trailer. Haven’t been this excited in a long time. Definitely more than I deserve but I feel blessed.

May be a stupid question but what is different than the one that comes standard with the Zeon 12-S.?
A ton. Check out Factor55 and see their marketing info. Also do some google searches for Factor55 advantages or similar, you'll find a lot. Basically, even though it is a hook it is a closed loop system where the connections cannot be separated with slack; the hook nests in the housing so it cannot be accidentally pried open like the basic hook can. Factor55 hook has a pin that will also lock the latch and the latch is much strong than that of a Warn winch. Hooks work fine and are quick to set up, but they are really only good for winching. If you ever use a snatch strap to recover or a tow strap to tow they have a great deal of potential to be set in a weak orientation when a line is loosened. I'm assuming you're new to winching because of some of your posts, and nothing wrong with that, we all have to learn at some point. What the closed system is great at is making sure your line and anchors stay attached and reduce potential risk of injury; a very good thing for someone learning. I personally don't use the hook, I use Factor55 Flatlink E because I can use soft shackles or Drings on it and I don't mind doing few turns of a bolt or cinching of a rope (soft shackle) to an attachment. And if someone doesn't have a good recovery point I do not use a make shift hole, I have a couple special straps I will loop around an axle or frame point.

For instance I love the look of the metal jeep bumpers, but because jeep uses a hook I will not use it. I do too many pulls with a snatch strap to not have a loop that i can make sure my kinetic rope will be firmly attached. I have a good deal of experience recovering vehicles and I just prefer closed system for its reduction of potential problems that can happen.

Will do :) A suspension or lift was going to be one of my last purchase anyways. Was planning for at least three months before doing anything to the actual suspension or lift. I like the puck spacer idea though!
If you're doing it for looks then height is down to what you like the look of. If you're doing it for performance, do the lowest lift you can to run the tire size you want. The taller you go the more other stuff has to be done for it to be robust.
If you do aftermarket bumpers and other items that add a lot of weight then you'll want an aftermarket suspension designed for that added weight. Personally I really like Clayton offroad. I think they make a great system. Their springs aren't anything fancy, but in general springs are meant to hold up a vehicle, ride quality comes from the shocks (stiffness of spring does have an affect on ride). I think AEV makes amazing springs, but I wouldn't do their system again, its too pavement driven. If you almost only do pavement and dirt roads then AEV is excellent. You can spend a ton and get really wrapped up in having fancy suspension things... but I'd recommend looking at what you really need and how you really use your vehicle when you buy suspension. Don't get caught up in the thought pattern where you think you need more than you really do.

Last edited:
OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
A ton. Check out Factor55 and see their marketing info. Also do some google searches for Factor55 advantages or similar, you'll find a lot. Basically, even though it is a hook it is a closed loop system where the connections cannot be separated with slack; the hook nests in the housing so it cannot be accidentally pried open like the basic hook can. Factor55 hook has a pin that will also lock the latch and the latch is much strong than that of a Warn winch. Hooks work fine and are quick to set up, but they are really only good for winching. If you ever use a snatch strap to recover or a tow strap to tow they have a great deal of potential to be set in a weak orientation when a line is loosened. I'm assuming you're new to winching because of some of your posts, and nothing wrong with that, we all have to learn at some point. What the closed system is great at is making sure your line and anchors stay attached and reduce potential risk of injury; a very good thing for someone learning. I personally don't use the hook, I use Factor55 Flatlink E because I can use soft shackles or Drings on it and I don't mind doing few turns of a bolt or cinching of a rope (soft shackle) to an attachment. And if someone doesn't have a good recovery point I do not use a make shift hole, I have a couple special straps I will loop around an axle or frame point.

For instance I love the look of the metal jeep bumpers, but because jeep uses a hook I will not use it. I do too many pulls with a snatch strap to not have a loop that i can make sure my kinetic rope will be firmly attached. I have a good deal of experience recovering vehicles and I just prefer closed system for its reduction of potential problems that can happen.
Thank you for the explanation. Yes I’m definitely in the learning phase. I’m planning to look for a local course on recovery just to get some hands-on experience as well. There were a few situations where me and my wife would’ve continued on our last trip if I had a winch. Nothing too sketchy just some deep snow that I didn’t want to get stuck in.

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
Thank you for the explanation. Yes I’m definitely in the learning phase. I’m planning to look for a local course on recovery just to get some hands-on experience as well. There were a few situations where me and my wife would’ve continued on our last trip if I had a winch. Nothing too sketchy just some deep snow that I didn’t want to get stuck in.
I thought I knew winching from my years of experience using what I had learned from other jeepers. Then I volunteered for SAR (search and rescue) and Oh My did I have some bad techniques and knowledge. Choose a teacher wisely. Find something by someone who does SAR or some sort of training sanctioned by an organized body. If your local jeep group is teaching it, you may be taught some bad stuff like I learned when I was younger.