Vehicle broken into...

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
I'm wondering how much a replacement for the premium window costs. Any idea? Insurance will be out for an assessment in a day or so...
I think Quadratec has the windows for $169 each, sides or back.
Screenshot_20201019-224914_Chrome.jpg
Sponsored

Djhyper66

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2020 JL
Vehicle Showcase
I sell insurance everyday .. I tell everyone that listen please lower comprehensive deductible to the lowest you can afford 50, 100 or 250... have a super low comprehensive deductible is the best !!! Itā€™s also super super super cheap !!!! File claims doesnā€™t efffect your policy rate either !! Check with your insurance and youā€™ll laugh how cheap it is !!

OP
OP
jdegrave

jdegrave

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte, Pathfinder, JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Director Financial Systems Support & Governance
I sell insurance everyday .. I tell everyone that listen please lower comprehensive deductible to the lowest you can afford 50, 100 or 250... have a super low comprehensive deductible is the best !!! Itā€™s also super super super cheap !!!! File claims doesnā€™t efffect your policy rate either !! Check with your insurance and youā€™ll laugh how cheap it is !!
Iā€™ll check on it! Thanks for the advice!

OP
OP
jdegrave

jdegrave

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I think Quadratec has the windows for $169 each, sides or back.
Screenshot_20201019-224914_Chrome.jpg
I checked earlier and the premium top window is $329. Dealer quoted me $400...

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I too am sorry to see this Joe. I had a laptop for records in my work truck behind the seat. It was stolen by an animal in the South Bronx. I saw it was in a housing project from my ā€œFind My Phoneā€ app. I went to the local precinct and was told they canā€™t do anything. I thought about going to get it myself but the laws are all for these savage mutts.
I know itā€™s cliche but if you and your family are healthy youā€™re still on top of the world.
My momā€™s sick with cancer. Iā€™d love to trade my Jeepā€™s window and contents for her health.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jdegrave

jdegrave

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I too am sorry to see this Joe. I had a laptop for records in my work truck behind the seat. It was stolen by an animal in the South Bronx. I saw it was in a housing project from my ā€œFind My Phoneā€ app. I went to the local precinct and was told they canā€™t do anything. I thought about going to get it myself but the laws are all for these savage mutts.
I know itā€™s cliche but if you and your family are healthy youā€™re still on top of the world.
My momā€™s sick with cancer. Iā€™d love to trade my Jeepā€™s window and contents for her health.
Iā€™m so sorry about your Mom! Iā€™m praying sheā€™ll pull through this. End of the day my loss is purely material. I told the officer that Iā€™m greatfull I actually slept through the Guardian alarm notification! If I saw it I most likely would have ran to the vehicle thinking it was hit (thought of theft never crossed my mind) and if they were there and armed it may not have ended well for me...

FiveBoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR
I stopped by the office and they do have cameras but they don't cover where my vehicle was parked, just the entrance to the garage. It almost feels like my Jeep was specifically targeted as they had to either go through one of three doors to my floor of the garage or wander through the entire garage to find my Jeep on the third floor. I always back it into the space and I'm wondering if I should just pull it straight in from now on so the rear of the vehicle is exposed and not concealed against the wall.
Were any other vehicles hit that night? Seems like when someone sneaks in from the outside they hit more than one car. I'm guessing it's a neighbor or a guest of one. I live in a similar situation and we occasionally get a few smash and grabs even with gates and security guards.

Had a window smash on my JK when I lived on the east coast, guy hit 5 or 6 cars that night and only took small stuff like usb cords and sunglasses. Cops caught up with him a few weeks later breaking into more cars, he ran and got stuck trying to hide under a parked car. Seemed fitting. And man broken glass makes a mess, that stuff was all over the interior of the Jeep, never did get it all out.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
OP
OP
jdegrave

jdegrave

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Were any other vehicles hit that night? Seems like when someone sneaks in from the outside they hit more than one car. I'm guessing it's a neighbor or a guest of one. I live in a similar situation and we occasionally get a few smash and grabs even with gates and security guards.

Had a window smash on my JK when I lived on the east coast, guy hit 5 or 6 cars that night and only took small stuff like usb cords and sunglasses. Cops caught up with him a few weeks later breaking into more cars, he ran and got stuck trying to hide under a parked car. Seemed fitting. And man broken glass makes a mess, that stuff was all over the interior of the Jeep, never did get it all out.
Mine was the only one hit. Police are thinking the same as you sine a couple things of no value were thrown on the apartment side of the garage like they were going back in. Hope they catch the scumbags.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
The Democrats strike again. Sorry for your loss.
As was stated earlier, I keep zero valuables in my soft top. Leaving the doors unlocked is a good idea...reverse psychology. Keep them guessing.

Sponsored

trouphaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Unlimited
Yes! I'm actually giving my notice today at my apartment (has nothing to do with this incident - truly coincidental) but it's going to unnerve me until I move out in December...
don't worry about it too much. it is just stuff. they didn't break into your home or put anyone in danger. you made a mistake leaving anything with possible value visible with a soft top. i've been driving convertibles for a while (i actually bought a jeep because i wanted a convertible that could fit my whole family) and always made sure to not leave anything out, even a jacket. my friend always asked why i wasn't afraid to leave the top open when i parked it places and i just told him that if they really wanted to get in, they could just cut through the top. i may as well make it easier for them.

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
Super frustrating. I currently live in an apartment so having a hardtop isn't an option for me right now (I didn't order one with my Jeep). I've been reading how insecure the soft top is and I've never had any doubts about this. It aggravates me that it could be someone who lives here at the complex - and these things are expensive (I pay $4K per month for my apartment) so I would expect them to have some class. If that's true then apparently not.

$4k/mo? Holy cow... I thought $1,125/mo for a 3 bed, 2.5 bath, 2.5 car garage apartment was high here in Northeast TN...

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I'm guessing it's a neighbor or a guest of one.
That's my hunch, too.

Former neighbors of ours were houseparents at a localish boarding school. They brought some of their wards over to their home here a few times using the school vans. They were older, undisciplined kids who were allowed to run amuck through the neighborhood with nary a word of correction. Their behavior wasn't surprising; it was immediately evident that they were admitted to the school for reasons other than academic merit.

Anyway, it might have been a phone call, or three, from the adjoining homes to the local constabulary that eventually disabused said neighbors from bringing those kids here again. They moved away a little while after a uniformed county parole officer was observed to visit their house on two separate occasions. The young couple that bought the house are nice people; he's actually a State cop. A total 180Ā° shift in quality. It's nice to have a happy ending, now and then.

@jdegrave -- Continued wishes that you're able to get proper closure here. :)

OP
OP
jdegrave

jdegrave

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
$4k/mo? Holy cow... I thought $1,125/mo for a 3 bed, 2.5 bath, 2.5 car garage apartment was high here in Northeast TN...
Welcome to Miami. My apartment is 1,607 sq feet, two balconies / lanais, gated garage, gym, pool and pet care facilities. Really nice but very expensive. To put it in perspective I paid 1/2 of this for my mortgage & property taxes on my 3,000sq foot house on 1 acre in NC. Can't wait to wait to move from here given this experience but I do understand it can happen anywhere at any time.
Sponsored