Vehicle broken into...

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Great way to start a Monday! Woke up this morning to a message from my Guardian services that my Anti-theft alarm was activated at 1:17AM this morning. The scumbags ripped through the rear soft-top window and stole a number of pricey Tommy Bahama shirts that were going to the cleaners, 2 pairs of Maui Jim glasses, the toolkit for the hard top, my insurance card and registration and the owner's manual (who would want that?)! What's frustrating is I live in a gated apartment, with a security guard and the vehicle was on the 3rd floor of the garage so they had to walk up several flights of stairs - the police said they may actually live in the apartment.

tempImageSa4Sa3.jpg
tempImageRPQAc0.jpg
tempImage10Igc0.jpg
tempImage5EMJm4.jpg
1. That has to be on camera.
2. That had to be a crack head for not taking #1 into consideration.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jdegrave

jdegrave

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte, Pathfinder, JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Director Financial Systems Support & Governance
1. That has to be on camera.
2. That had to be a crack head for not taking #1 into consideration.
I had a follow up call from the police today and they are closing the case. These have been reviewing the camera from the apartment and where the Jeep was parked there are no cameras - just the garage entry and the entry points into the building. They believe it's someone who lives in the building, knows someone in the building, or is a guest of a resident. Found out there was another break in Tuesday night (mine was on Monday) so that reinforces their theory. They have put our apartment on a watch list and are stepping up patrols in the apartment. I'm going to the office to see if they will let me look at the tapes. My bright pink Tommy Bahama shirt should stand out on the camera. I'm not giving up on this one.