Sponsored

V6 e-torque vs 2.0 Turbo non-etorque

The_Paper_Cut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Sport 2-Door
I ordered a JLUR with the 3.6. I had the 2020 3.6 and absolutely loved it. I figure the 2.0 just isnā€™t fit for a Jeep. Requires cleaner air, more premium fuel, and replacing a turbo isnā€™t cheap. Plus the 2.0 sounds like youā€™re driving a Prius, which seriously turned me off. The etorque is only active for the first 1,500 RPM so itā€™s not like itā€™s something you need to worry about a ton.

I did test drive the 2.0 and itā€™s pretty good. But I still preferred the power and feel of the 3.6 over the 2.0. Plus the 3.6 is a tried and true engine. An engine like the 2.0 is great for smaller cars and economy vehicles, but not for bigger offroad vehicles like a Jeep. Just my thoughts.

bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2012 Ford F350
I ordered a JLUR with the 3.6. I had the 2020 3.6 and absolutely loved it. I figure the 2.0 just isnā€™t fit for a Jeep. Requires cleaner air, more premium fuel, and replacing a turbo isnā€™t cheap. Plus the 2.0 sounds like youā€™re driving a Prius, which seriously turned me off. The etorque is only active for the first 1,500 RPM so itā€™s not like itā€™s something you need to worry about a ton.

I did test drive the 2.0 and itā€™s pretty good. But I still preferred the power and feel of the 3.6 over the 2.0. Plus the 3.6 is a tried and true engine. An engine like the 2.0 is great for smaller cars and economy vehicles, but not for bigger offroad vehicles like a Jeep. Just my thoughts.
Because the mini van motor sounds so much better. :CWL:

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I see some 2.0 owners getting 25+ mpg, maybe at 55 on flat ground? Iā€™m creeping towards 20 mpg if mostly freeway so far, but still better than my 13ā€™ 2 door
The 2.0T returns an average of 27.x mpg with every tank of 91 octane.
55-60 mph (w/cruise) on flat ground or mild elevation changes, no jack rabbit starts from a stoplight, stock suspension and tires.

I figure the 2.0 just isnā€™t fit for a Jeep. Requires cleaner air, more premium fuel, and replacing a turbo isnā€™t cheap.
"Requires cleaner air"? Help us understand that one.

Yogi1956

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
Clubs

The 2.0T returns an average of 27.x mpg with every tank of 91 octane.
55-60 mph (w/cruise) on flat ground or mild elevation changes, no jack rabbit starts from a stoplight, stock suspension and tires.

"Requires cleaner air"? Help us understand that one.
Anything in mid 20ā€™s will be great! Have to put my right foot on a dietšŸ˜Š

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I'm surprised that I'm doing as well as I am. :)

The JLU's predecessor was a first generation Ridgeline, with an uber-reliable but otherwise dull V6. The forced induction Hurricane in the Wrangler is an absolute hoot, one that capable of sending that brick down the road with remarkable ease. To be fair, credit must be shared with the superlative ZF 8-speed transmission.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase

This posts screams of an absolute lack of mechanical knowledge, which can only be heard by those in the know, while being a disservice to those who can't.

Not trying to jump down your throat. But misinformation is cancer.

somedude922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, Previous: 1984 CJ7, 1979 CJ7
This posts screams of an absolute lack of mechanical knowledge, which can only be heard by those in the know, while being a disservice to those who can't.

Not trying to jump down your throat. But misinformation is cancer.

I would say the majority of replies in this thread are misinformation, for both engines. Most of the ā€œe torqueā€ fear is by people who donā€™t own the engine. These threads are as bad as oil threads.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I would say the majority of replies in this thread are misinformation, for both engines. Most of the ā€œe torqueā€ fear is by people who donā€™t own the engine. These threads are as bad as oil threads.
Very true. On several occasions, over my few years here, I've read someone's regret post about avoiding the 2.0 due to the words of someone that came across as knowing far more than they really did.

Note to anyone who reads this. Disregard posts in mechanical threads that include phrases such as "I think", "I feel", and "I figure". Ask yourself, would you want a mechanic touching your Jeep if he used those keywords?

bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2012 Ford F350
Some of us just want to avoid an unnecessary, overly complex system.

Sponsored

danm

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-Door Sting Gray
I drove a 2018 with the 3.6 for two years. Then I got a 2020 with a 2.0T. Both non e-torque.
I am amazed by how much more powerful the 2.0 feels. Itā€™s more spirited, more fun to drive and feels almost like a diesel engine with how it throws you back in your seat.
I was skeptical before I bought it, now Iā€™m convinced itā€™s a better motor.

lpasq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR - Prior: XJ | TJ

PocketsEmptied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 JKUR, '21 JLUR
I'm in the same boat. Test drove both last week, went in set on the 3.6L but came away very torn. The 2.0L is calling my name, it was quick, responsive and fun. I've done a pro/con matrix and still can't decide. Going back this weekend to drive some more. I think I've come to the conclusion that I can't go wrong with either.

Herson

First Name
Herson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler unlimited rubicon
JLUR 2.0 turbo non etorque on MT tires around 21 mpg during summer and around 18 winter. People getting 25 mpg must be a non rubicon on regular tires.
Sponsored