2.0 turbo eTorque

BWTN

First Name
Billy ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler sport 2.0
Wonder why Jeep put the Turbo and the coolant tank for the etorque so close together. That’s a lot of heat for that plastic reservoir tank, between the coolant heat and then the turbo. No problems tho.
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Wonder why Jeep put the Turbo and the coolant tank for the etorque so close together. That’s a lot of heat for that plastic reservoir tank, between the coolant heat and then the turbo. No problems tho.
The whole engine bay gets pistol hot, so there's really no hiding from the heat. Still, everything in there has been made to stand up to it. I've got nearly 77k miles on my 2.0 with etorque, and not a single hiccup yet. I also haven't heard of any coolant bottle issues.

OP
OP
BWTN

BWTN

First Name
Billy ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler sport 2.0
Good to hear! I’m new to the eTq tech. I do love it but I’m also old school. Thx for your time to respond-

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Wonder why Jeep put the Turbo and the coolant tank for the etorque so close together.
The legacy aesthetic of the Wrangler -- i.e., flat fenders -- serves to shrink the size of the engine bay and thus the available space for all of the odds and ends that need a home there.

Tetris comes to mind.
Sponsored