First Name
Husein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2018
Occupation
Project Manager
I wouldn’t try that. Too high a likelihood of “error code 20,” and then you have to explain what you did. Better to have your dealer do it. Here is the TSB. If you have the missing backup lines and random reboots, they really can’t say no.

EE7E4254-4348-496F-8C17-6C6662B4BABA.png
Lucky you if you reach succeeded with a TSB at dealer. They never used when the customer refers to it. I think they think it is kind of "I know my job and you can not come to say how I do it"
Sponsored

HuseinSilmi

First Name
Husein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2018
Occupation
Project Manager
I wish my 18 JL would update over the air EVER. I manually updated in 2019 to UCONNECT_8.4_IR21.10_MY18JL_VP4R_USA which the software update page still tells me is available as the latest update for my VIN. The software was updated once more after that by the dealer maybe a year or so ago. I have yet to receive any further updates. Same as above, if anyone happens to have a way of getting the latest update file without it spending more time at the dealer, please let me know!

I think this is better than waiting for Uconnect update.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Lucky you if you reach succeeded with a TSB at dealer. They never used when the customer refers to it. I think they think it is kind of "I know my job and you can not come to say how I do it"
Your dealer sucks, then. 🤷‍♂️ My dealer does not push back if the symptoms match the TSB.

BCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99TJ, 2019JLURubicon
Got this today, does not tell me why it is worth $99 outside of perhaps some updates to streets/Highways etc. Then again, it may not be all that up to date as well... If anyone has done it let us know if worth the $
Screenshot 2021-08-10 110117.jpg
I would be very careful in trying to do an update with the USBs sent from this offer. I spent the $99, received a USB for the software update, and a USB for the maps.. (interestingly enough, when I now search the VIN through the above offer link, it no longer states I need a software update).

The software update hung after the screen which contained the proceed or cancel options. Two hours of the JLU running in the drive way and the screen never indicated any progress. Turning off the JLU simply let the 8.4 screen still showing the application was hung.

My solution, which I do not recommend unless you have another mode of transportation and a great Jeep Service Dept., was to pull the fuse for the radio, wait an hour or so, and put it back in with the USB still in the slot. I was then able to see the screen asking if I wanted to continue the update or cancel.. I canceled. For me, this put the system back to the status prior to trying to update everything. Test drive showed the GPS, NAV, etc. still worked.

Last week, I had a pop-up which asked if I wanted to update the software. Since I was in an area with a known excellent connection to satellites, etc. I let the system update. I have no idea if that update is what was supposed to be on the USB or not.

Currently showing:

Software version: 21.11.11
Application version: USA-IR-22.64.0-20210318-IOG5 (or I0G5.. there is a really good reason a numeric zero has a slash in any decent software application)
BootMicro version: 18.41.01

Personally, I am going to hand this update off to my dealer.

Just a bit annoyed with all of this (feel free to substitute your own word for 'annoyed')

Last edited:

SoCal JLUS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 2.0T
Clubs

Hi, I have a newish 2021 JLU Sahara that was built on June 29, 2021. I did the 3 button push to find out the software version and my screen looks very different from everyone else's. It's the 7 inch screen without the navigation. If it helps, I did get the upgraded Alpine system with subwoofer.
Jeep Wrangler JL UConnect Updates 20210822_175702

Sponsored

SoCal JLUS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 2.0T
Clubs

Hi, I have a newish 2021 JLU Sahara that was built on June 29, 2021. I did the 3 button push to find out the software version and my screen looks very different from everyone else's. It's the 7 inch screen without the navigation. If it helps, I did get the upgraded Alpine system with subwoofer.
Jeep Wrangler JL UConnect Updates 20210822_175702
BUMP

FerrdIsTheWord

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Thanks for the clarification! Where would I go to see the latest updates for the 7" version? My Jeep was built on 6-29-21 if that helps.
I wish I could help, but I have no idea. You may want to start a new thread, so 7" owners can see it.

Sponsored

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Is anyone aware of if the updates are specific to model year and/or hardware version of the radio? I have the 8.4 UConnect and have had issues since day one. Last year, I had it into the dealer for a separate issue and asked them to take a look. When I picked it up, they told me they had issues with updating the software but finally got it updated. I didn't pay much attention and continued having issues. Now that I check, below are my versions. It appears I am on a version of the software from March of 2019. I would have expected a newer version based on what I've read around the forums. I really want to get this on the most recent version before I am out of warranty. Is anyone able to confirm they have a 2019 with a newer software version than mine? Before anyone suggest reaching out to @JeepCares, I already have and they have ignored me thus far. This is my current info:

HU ID0x7415CB2E
Hardware Part NumberCNSC88N0GL
Software Version19.11.4d
Application VersionUSA-ASO-8.4-MR-28.3.0-20190314-M0G3
BootMicro version19.11.01

Last edited:

FerrdIsTheWord

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Is anyone aware of if the updates are specific to model year and/or hardware version of the radio? I have the 8.4 UConnect and have had issues since day one. Last year, I had it into the dealer for a separate issue and asked them to take a look. When I picked it up, they told me they had issues with updating the software but finally got it updated. I didn't pay much attention and continued having issues. Now that I check, below are my versions. It appears I am on a version of the software from March of 2019. I would have expected a newer version based on what I've read around the forums. I really want to get this on the most recent version before I am out of warranty. Is anyone able to confirm they have a 2019 with a newer software version than mine? Before anyone suggest reaching out to @JeepCares, I already have and they have ignored me thus far. This is my current info:

HU ID0x7415CB2E
Hardware Part NumberCNSC88N0GL
Software Version19.11.4d
Application VersionUSA-ASO-8.4-MR-28.3.0-20190314-M0G3
BootMicro version19.11.01
Yes, there is a newer version of the software out there. Go back a page or two you'll find a link to the SW to download.

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Yes, worked perfectly. Are you having issues? What's up?
Nope. No issues. I installed one of the other versions that specifically listed Jeep in the PDF. Obviously, I’d like to be on the latest version which appears to be 39.6. The 39.5 version didn’t list vehicles so I was a bit hesitant. I don’t want dodge boot screen. ;)

I guess I’ll give it a try. Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited: