donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
Where in the radio do you find out the firmware edition? I gave up after 10 minutes.

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Finally got the update.
So in short, I still have no idea what it actually fixed...

hey @JeepCares, can you have the UConnect team publish their update change logs? Maybe I’m not looking in the right place for it. I’m sure most of us are curious about what has been fixed or addressed with these updates.
These FOTA updates add new features or fix software issues. To see what improvements were made in your latest FOTA update: From the radio touchscreen, touch "What's New" to see the list of affected features. If you're looking for more clarification than what's listed there, I can look into what our teams can do to provide you all with more clarity in regard to future software updates!

My 2019 has version 19.11.4d. The dealer and the uconnect site both say no update available. Any suggestions?
FOTA updates are sent regionally and only when vehicle is within range of cellular networks. Updates are sent regionally and depend on cellular network availability/ vehicle location. Your normal driving area may be scheduled for a future date!

My GPS stopped working about 6 months ago. Brought it to the dealer and they said the Uconnect needed an update. Then they told me the system crashed about halfway through the update install and the only fix was to replace the entire radio. Said it would take a few days to get the new radio. A few days turned into a few weeks, then six weeks went by before the new radio arrived. Haven’t checked the software version but everything works so I don’t see any reason to do anything else at this time. Hope no one else has the same problem while updating.
Please send our team a private message with your VIN and more details about your situation so that we can look into any possibility of expediting the process!

Are you still seeing this "Error 20" message? If you are and you're in need of assistance, please send us a message.

Where in the radio do you find out the firmware edition? I gave up after 10 minutes.
Simultaneously press and hold hard buttons:
Driver Up Temp
Driver Down Temp
Front Defrost

Jeep Wrangler JL UConnect Updates 1628542748753

I hope this helps everyone!

Courtney
Jeep Cares

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
I've been waiting. Waiting. Waiting.... 🙄

maddscot

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Wrangler Unlimited
Got this today, does not tell me why it is worth $99 outside of perhaps some updates to streets/Highways etc. Then again, it may not be all that up to date as well... If anyone has done it let us know if worth the $
Jeep Wrangler JL UConnect Updates Screenshot 2021-08-10 110117

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
My update failed, talked to Uconnect and tried to see if they could just resend the update to my unit. They said, yours is up to date. Uh what the heck are you talking about. I am 20.53.10 updating to version 21.blah.blah to fix backup camera lines. Sir, there is no evidence that this update fixes those lines. Please, just try and send the update one more time. We can't, your dealer has to open a "star" case??? to figure out what you're talking about. Little bit frustrated at this point.

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Got this today, does not tell me why it is worth $99 outside of perhaps some updates to streets/Highways etc. Then again, it may not be all that up to date as well... If anyone has done it let us know if worth the $
Jeep Wrangler JL UConnect Updates Screenshot 2021-08-10 110117
Was that an email?

Sponsored

HuseinSilmi

First Name
Husein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2018
Occupation
Project Manager
My update failed, talked to Uconnect and tried to see if they could just resend the update to my unit. They said, yours is up to date. Uh what the heck are you talking about. I am 20.53.10 updating to version 21.blah.blah to fix backup camera lines. Sir, there is no evidence that this update fixes those lines. Please, just try and send the update one more time. We can't, your dealer has to open a "star" case??? to figure out what you're talking about. Little bit frustrated at this point.

I've never seen such bad service and a more lost group of people than Uconnect

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I've never seen such bad service and a more lost group of people than Uconnect
I was a little stunned when they told me they had no idea what I was talking about and that my unit was up to date and that everything should be working DESPITE having an open case with them. That's a little disheartening. Then I mentioned the new software version shared on the forum and they heard the word forum and equated it to diagnosing yourself medically on google. Poor form in my opinion. Granted some information that comes from a forum needs to be taken with a grain of salt, HOWEVER, there is a lot of pertinent information on here that has helped and continues to help a lot of people.

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
I received the same email. It came from [email protected]. Not sure I'll be doing this as I mostly use free waze and apple car play.
The only thing I like about the stock navigation is the turn-by-turn directions on the instrument panel and the look of the maps when coming to an intersection. Reminds me of the old Garmins. Google maps on CarPlay is my go-to though.
Sponsored