Uconnect App updates infrequently

dj3513

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Unlimited / Granite Crystal Metallic / Sky One–Touch Power Top
Is it me or does the app only update when it wants to. A year ago it would update everyday with the information. Now im lucky if it updates once a week. Uninstalled /Reinstalled still same weekly results.
Sponsored

Durango

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2019 Ram 1500 Quadcab 4X4, 2018 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 Charger SRT, 2018 American Dream, 2017 Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4X4, 2020 Redwood 3951MB, 2019 Mercedes 4WD Van
OP, are you referring to things like the vehicle location option on the app? If so, that's a Sirius Guardian function and if you didn't pay up for another year they shut it down a few months after the trial expired (or not - sometimes for unknown reasons they don't disconnect/shut it down...I don't want to jinx my luck but more than once I've had them not shut it off even though I didn't pay to renew). And if you renew but didn't pay for the option that includes things that update, then you won't get it. The cheapest option doesn't include most updating functions.
That being said - now that I reread your post, I see you're not saying it's not updating, only that it doesn't update often. I know when I sign on to the app, if I want to see the location, it asks me if I want to update it from the previous time it updated. Duh - why would I want to see where it was the last time I used it, as that could've been a month ago! LOL. Sometimes too, after trying (the in-process indicator whirring away) for minutes, it will come back saying it can't update right then, and I have to try later. Ugh - that's why I won't pay the $250/year for the full pkg - it doesn't work all the time, and besides, before Sirius got the contract, Sprint that was doing it in conjunction with FCA was a hundred bucks less a year! OK - back off my soap box...
Have you checked to make sure you have the latest version?