How do I get Uconnect updates?

Jeeb

First Name
JEEB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps!
Searched and searched but no clear answers out there…

Do uconnect updates get pushed over the air automatically to all models?

I have the 7” screen.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Muskylounge6801

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR, Hydro Blue Pearl
I have my first jeep ever so I am not 100% sure, tht being said my salesman has worked for jeep for 15 years and said no, tht you have to pay for updates. New streets are not showing up on maps, seems easier to just use the apple car play.

KeithBohler

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler RHD
Occupation
Rural Carrier Associate at USPS
I have my first jeep ever so I am not 100% sure, tht being said my salesman has worked for jeep for 15 years and said no, tht you have to pay for updates. New streets are not showing up on maps, seems easier to just use the apple car play.
I know you can go to the unconnect site for general updates I believe, not so sure it always says mine is up to date. But for maps they almost always charge, not just Chrysler or built in nav, garmin and other ones charge for maps too.

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Do you know how much $ they charge for maps? Even though I use CarPlay exclusively, it would be nice to use the native navigation every now and then. My neighborhood is going on 4 years old now and still doesn't show up on the map...smh

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Enter info.....https://chryslergroup.navigation.com/home/en_US/ChryslerNA/USD
Last I remember they were running a special to update maps $50 off but still 149.99 for thumb drive.

Sponsored

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon + 2014 JK Sport S
Searched and searched but no clear answers out there…

Do uconnect updates get pushed over the air automatically to all models?

I have the 7” screen.

Thanks!
If you're asking about just the latest Nav update, that's available for purchase and manual download/install. If you're inquiring about the actual radio software, that generally gets pushed out over the air. However, there are some major caveats. If you or your dealer replaced the radio, it might not be properly registered with UConnect to receive OTA updates. While UConnect does feature a web page where you can enter your VIN and see if there's an update to download, they've stopped supporting that years ago and the software on their site will likely be older than what you already have. The latest version requires a manual install and is not available OTA.

While versions of the software that are newer than yours might indeed be found online, you have to be very careful about installing the correct version and that you already have the prerequisite OTA updates installed. Otherwise, you will permanently brick your radio and need to wait months for a replacement to come in. I'm not sure what the latest software version is for the 7" radio, but v39.6 is the latest for the 8.4" radios as of right now.

Please read my post about the update process carefully: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...the-latest-version-without-bricking-it.82442/

OP
OP

Jeeb

First Name
JEEB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps!
If you're asking about just the latest Nav update, that's available for purchase and manual download/install. If you're inquiring about the actual radio software, that generally gets pushed out over the air. However, there are some major caveats. If you or your dealer replaced the radio, it might not be properly registered with UConnect to receive OTA updates. While UConnect does feature a web page where you can enter your VIN and see if there's an update to download, they've stopped supporting that years ago and the software on their site will likely be older than what you already have. The latest version requires a manual install and is not available OTA.

While versions of the software that are newer than yours might indeed be found online, you have to be very careful about installing the correct version and that you already have the prerequisite OTA updates installed. Otherwise, you will permanently brick your radio and need to wait months for a replacement to come in. I'm not sure what the latest software version is for the 7" radio, but v39.6 is the latest for the 8.4" radios as of right now.

Please read my post about the update process carefully: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...the-latest-version-without-bricking-it.82442/
Very helpful thank you. I dont have nav. Just a 7” screen with carplay.
Sponsored