Sponsored

Uconnect Auto-Lock feature not working

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep wrangler rubicon diesel
So I'm wondering if anyone else has been having this problem or if maybe I've done something wrong and you all might have a fix for me.

Since I got my jeep in October, my Auto-lock feature hasn't worked. I've gone into the uconnect settings and checked the box to enable it. But it doesn't seem to lock itself after I've shut the jeep off and walked away. I've left it for well over ten-fifteen minutes in case there was a timer feature and still nothing.

My tpms system had malfunctioned and a wiring harness was discovered to be shorting out. Jeep has since replaced the harness and that's since been fixed. But this problem was there prior to the failure and still after since the repair. I only mention it to provide further insight.

So, any words of advice or anyone else having this problem?
Sponsored

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
My understanding of auto lock is that the doors auto-lock once you start driving and hit a pre-designated speed such as 15MPH

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

But it doesn't seem to lock itself after I've shut the jeep off and walked away. I've left it for well over ten-fifteen minutes in case there was a timer feature and still nothing.
That's not what this feature is/does.

It's as the poster above states. The vehicle will automatically lock the doors once you reach 15mph.

Mark Elliott

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
That's not what this feature is/does.

It's as the poster above states. The vehicle will automatically lock the doors once you reach 15mph.
10-4 on that, it’s not designed to “auto lock” when you leave the vehicle.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
10-4 on that, it’s not designed to “auto lock” when you leave the vehicle.
I’m actually glad for that. My wife’s Yukon does that, and it’s cool. However, I have a soft top and purposefully never lock my doors. If someone wants to poke around looking for change while I’m shopping, I’d rather they do that without putting a knife through my top.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Nick's Adventures
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep wrangler rubicon diesel
My understanding of auto lock is that the doors auto-lock once you start driving and hit a pre-designated speed such as 15MPH
Huh, I appreciate the info. Poorly named to say the least, however that makes sense. Thanks for that. I was worried it was a malfunction hahah

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure what’s in your owners manual but here’s a clip from mine

Jeep Wrangler JL Uconnect Auto-Lock feature not working 9E58F468-0150-47E0-9F21-1A20A9AF0FBE
Sponsored