Power Mirrors and Lock Not Working

Alf1096

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
My JL with less than 2000 miles is in the shop because the power mirrors will not work and the lock button on the passengerside door does not work. They have had it for 3 days and say all the wiring is good and they are gonna call Chrysler to see what to do next. Has anyone had this happen. Then only case I can find the guy ended up with a new Jeep because they couldn’t find the problem.
Sponsored

kacper244

First Name
Kacper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S, 2016 VW Jetta, 1993 Wrangler YJ (Sold)
My JL with less than 2000 miles is in the shop because the power mirrors will not work and the lock button on the passengerside door does not work. They have had it for 3 days and say all the wiring is good and they are gonna call Chrysler to see what to do next. Has anyone had this happen. Then only case I can find the guy ended up with a new Jeep because they couldn’t find the problem.
This exact problem has happened to one of the forum members a few weeks ago, it turned out to be a fuse that was not properly seated. Check the fuse box and make sure that all the fuses are pushed all the way in.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
If it turns out to be what @kacper244 said, my belief that the dealer should have tested this, even checked the PDS' fuses before selling a rig, would have me feel that my personal adage:

"the only thing worse than bringing your JL to a dealer for repair is NOT bringing your JL to a dealer for repairs,"

may ring true, particularly on this new rig.

Disclaimer: many repair techs there are excellent, and furthermore take the rap for some not so good ones that lack of pay scale there attracts: not that I want to pay more for service.

I do wish @Alf1096 Cody, for your sake that this is all it is.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Yeah it's increasingly true these days that when there's a problem, it's usually related to fuses and/or software. The hardware is usually OK.

OP
OP

Alf1096

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I checked the fuses and they were good. I just blows my mine they have had it for 3 days and have no idea where the problem is.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Alf1096

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Just got an update

They can get the mirrors to work when plugged into their test computer they can move both of the mirrors. But still can’t get the mirror to move by the button. Waiting on what to do next from corporate

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
some not so good ones that lack of pay scale there attracts: not that I want to pay more for service.
They charge a lot for labor , so they must have a good pay scale . Why do they charge so much for labor if they have a low pay scale ?

OP
OP

Alf1096

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
UPDATE

Dealer called and said they believe that is the body control module. Only problem is the control module is not available until September 4. I called jeep cares to see if they can get me a part quicker and they told me pretty much they don’t care. I love my jeep but this service experience has been horrible.

I’m afraid the body control module might not be the problem and then I’m back at square one. At this point from the time I dropped it off and if the control module comes in on time the dealer will of had my jeep a month.

Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
UPDATE

Dealer called and said they believe that is the body control module. Only problem is the control module is not available until September 4. I called jeep cares to see if they can get me a part quicker and they told me pretty much they don’t care. I love my jeep but this service experience has been horrible.

I’m afraid the body control module might not be the problem and then I’m back at square one. At this point from the time I dropped it off and if the control module comes in on time the dealer will of had my jeep a month.
Lemon .

BSearle

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 UNLIMITED sport
After a year of owning my JLU I took off the doors and put on trail doors for a weekend off-road. With the cold weather rolling in for a spring storm I put the top and doors back on. Now my mirrors and lock buttons are not working. The windows go up and down on all 4-doors. I have disconnected and reconnected each connection. What am I missing? Is there a setting I am missing somewhere to test or detect the doors? It is most annoying when I shut off the jeep and get out, locking the doors with my key fob (which works) and finding the radio and lights still on as I walk away.

OP
OP

Alf1096

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
After a year of owning my JLU I took off the doors and put on trail doors for a weekend off-road. With the cold weather rolling in for a spring storm I put the top and doors back on. Now my mirrors and lock buttons are not working. The windows go up and down on all 4-doors. I have disconnected and reconnected each connection. What am I missing? Is there a setting I am missing somewhere to test or detect the doors? It is most annoying when I shut off the jeep and get out, locking the doors with my key fob (which works) and finding the radio and lights still on as I walk away.

Look at the pins on the door connectors. I bet they are bent. That’s what happened to mine. I don’t know how more people aren’t having this problem. The really small pins don’t line up well and get bent very easily.
Sponsored