Tuffy tailgate lockbox

Rick12785

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
View attachment 124855 To those that have the Tuffy tailgate lockbox I decided to try it without the plastic trim and it fits great. Removed the spacers and bolted right into place. A much cleaner look and I gained 2” in the back. Used rubber weatherstripping so there is no rattling.
View attachment 124855
upload_2018-12-29_19-55-56.jpeg
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

StuckinNC

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
View attachment 124855 To those that have the Tuffy tailgate lockbox I decided to try it without the plastic trim and it fits great. Removed the spacers and bolted right into place. A much cleaner look and I gained 2” in the back. Used rubber weatherstripping so there is no rattling.
View attachment 124855
upload_2018-12-29_19-55-56.jpeg
I did the same, except I put 9/16 spacers on the bottom screws, because that was the difference on length of the original spacers.

seanjonesSUPERTRAMP

First Name
seany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
@Rick12785 & @StuckinNC looks clean that way.. no rattles or ? it looks like it would fit a single burner stove etc and work well as a table?

how much cargo space does it use without the trim piece and spacers? 3-4 in?

StuckinNC

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
@Rick12785 & @StuckinNC looks clean that way.. no rattles or ? it looks like it would fit a single burner stove etc and work well as a table?

The plastics trim stuck out a hair over 3/4 of an inch. The box is just a hair over 6 inches, so it sticks out approximately 5 and 1/4 inch further than the plastic trim would from center. 2 and 3/4 of inch from the hump with the data plate. These measurements do not include the lock and handles.

Sponsored

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S

I haven't had rattles at all with mine, seriously, and even when I'm just on the road my area is full of potholes and stuff. The key is that it sits pretty snugly on the floor of the cargo area when the tailgate is closed. It lead me to wonder what happens when you have a cargo liner or something, though, because I don't have one and it seems like a close fit when you close the tailgate.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
It's heavy. I didn't put it on a scale before mounting it, though, sorry. I'd guess maybe 25 pounds.

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
I haven't had rattles at all with mine, seriously, and even when I'm just on the road my area is full of potholes and stuff. The key is that it sits pretty snugly on the floor of the cargo area when the tailgate is closed. It lead me to wonder what happens when you have a cargo liner or something, though, because I don't have one and it seems like a close fit when you close the tailgate.
I have the OEM cargo liner and its snug but it closes fine. Comes in just before the lip of the cargo liner. Definitely recommend this box.

Gadsden11

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport

It does work well as a table/camp kitchen although that meal was on the fire. I do use it with my single burner stove and it works well.
20190630_081128.jpg
Sponsored