Tuffy security deck for JL Wrangler

knick33

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon (Ordered)
Tuffy rocks! I just got mine 2 days ago and installed it today and the subwoofer cutout is spot on, I wish I had it over the summer and was going to forgo installing it since I have the hard top back on, but think I'm going to leave it in for doubling the storage area. Cutting the rubber diamond plated mat is going to take me longer than the actual install!

image1 (1).jpeg

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
ā€˜Merica
Tuffy rocks! I just got mine 2 days ago and installed it today and the subwoofer cutout is spot on, I wish I had it over the summer and was going to forgo installing it since I have the hard top back on, but think I'm going to leave it in for doubling the storage area. Cutting the rubber diamond plated mat is going to take me longer than the actual install!

image1 (1).jpeg
Umm, where did you order the sub cutout version from? Thanks.

Sponsored

knick33

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon (Ordered)
Umm, where did you order the sub cutout version from? Thanks.
I had order it when it was first released and it was advertised as subwoofer compatible. They contact me and said they were working on a fix and eventually asked me to send the entire thing back. They kept their promise and contacted me as soon as it was ready, pretty sure this is part of first batch. Glad to report it all fits perfectly.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ā€˜Merica
I had order it when it was first released and it was advertised as subwoofer compatible. They contact me and said they were working on a fix and eventually asked me to send the entire thing back. They kept their promise and contacted me as soon as it was ready, pretty sure this is part of first batch. Glad to report it all fits perfectly.
Perfect service on Tuffy! I am going to call them.

thundermuffin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Soft top
Just got mine installed today. Needed a grinder and a hammer to bottom L brackets screwed in, but after that it was smooth sailing. Really nice to have a locking storage area. Works well with the tailgate safe too.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ā€˜Merica
You can call them and order directly sku #351. It will be on the website soon. I called and ordered it this week, was shipped same day.
Thanks. The wife and I picked up a family member at the airport and planned to go out for dinner afterwards. We wanted to go doorless/topless, but decided against it because we had no way to secure the luggage. This will solve problems like that.

Sponsored

knick33

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon (Ordered)
Thanks. The wife and I picked up a family member at the airport and planned to go out for dinner afterwards. We wanted to go doorless/topless, but decided against it because we had no way to secure the luggage. This will solve problems like that.
I mountain bike a few times a week after work and wanted to toss my work bag in there before I hit the trails. I've had to keep the hardtop on for most of the summer, it's off now!

thundermuffin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Soft top
Rear window of soft top fits perfectly between rear of seats and security deck. A little easier to maneuver if you slide off the tailgate bar and reattach to the Jeep.

The side windows kinda fit in that slim gap as well, but Iā€™m probably going to keep them inside the locked area on top of whatever stuff I have in there. Attached pics have all three windows in the seat gap.
35B4A8B9-94B9-4F08-AFCD-C1CBDFCB70AE.jpeg
892CCB1E-BD64-4ED4-88DA-CAC6A6FCCADF.jpeg

Would be cool if Tuffy made a bolt on attachment for the underside of the lid that clipped the windows to the top of the storage compartment. Probably wouldnā€™t be too difficult to DIY either. Just need a few long dowels or metal rods with plasti-dip secured to the lid, and you could load the windows with the curved plastic corners faced down along the left and right sides of the Jeep.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Is there any noise or rattles while driving? also would it be possible to add/glue carpet/liner to the inside panels and top?

DToxic

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Is there any noise or rattles while driving? also would it be possible to add/glue carpet/liner to the inside panels and top?
love it, no rattles. Just have to add an isolation pad between the prop rod and the side panel.

you can glue carpet liner to the inside panels if you want.

kogar

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR EcoDiesel
The prop rod might rattle a bit. Easy fix - put duct tape along the side of the prop rod that rubs the casing.

Gluing carpet/liner to the top? Definitely -- Tuffy offers a complete kit of aerosol glue, luggage mounts, and "diamond plate" rubber. I will try to post a pic of my setup this weekend.
Sponsored