Tuffy security deck for JL Wrangler

stuckinohio

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S 4 Door
I just installed my soft top on Sunday and re-installed the Tuffy. The first time I dropped the top all the way, the passenger side clicked but the driver's side didn't.

The second time I dropped the top all the way, both sides clicked. I'll get pics when I get a chance. Maybe tomorrow
Sponsored

BMoreJLU

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara
I feel like the whole point of these types of products are to allow for a lockable storage space when you've got the soft top down. If the soft top fails to lock in the down position, I feel like this product doesn't deliver on what it's main purpose should be. Sure it provides more security if you've got a hard top or the soft top up, but I'm disappointed that there's no lockable solution for having the soft top down without having to do something like velcro strap the top so it doesn't bounce, that step shouldn't be necessary. I don't feel like it's asking for a lot from us soft top owners.

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
I feel like the whole point of these types of products are to allow for a lockable storage space when you've got the soft top down. If the soft top fails to lock in the down position, I feel like this product doesn't deliver on what it's main purpose should be. Sure it provides more security if you've got a hard top or the soft top up, but I'm disappointed that there's no lockable solution for having the soft top down without having to do something like velcro strap the top so it doesn't bounce, that step shouldn't be necessary. I don't feel like it's asking for a lot from us soft top owners.
I havenā€™t put my soft top on my JLUR yet so I really donā€™t know all the ins and outs of it, but Iā€™ve had a few JKUs and I cinched the soft top with Velcro straps just to keep it compressed and manageable. Also used a JTops boot. I didnā€™t think of it as a problem. I had the Tuffy enclosure on two of them and strapping down the soft top was useful and helpful. Helped with rear visibility. I guess I donā€™t expect a JLU to be any different. But like I said, I still have my hard top on.

stuckinohio

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S 4 Door
Mine locked with the Tuffy installed.

Sponsored

flyingmonkey

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (SOLD), RAM 1500 LARAMIE
Thatā€™s exactly whatā€™s holding me back from either this or the Diabolical. Iā€™m thinking of somehow securing an aluminum toolbox in the back...

shaunmac

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK, 2012 JK
I bought this and it's one of my favorite mods of all the stuff I've put on my Jeep.

Smooth9883

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLRU & 2018 WK2 Trailhawk
I sent a message to tuffy asking them specifically about this. I also gave them the feedback from the forum. Hoping to hear back from them soon.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
What is all the roar about locking the soft top down, I have the Slipstream by Diabolical it takes 2 minutes at most to velcro strap the top down which as mentioned above also provides better visibility by compressing the top, That top is not going anywhere locked or not. Many on here have reported problems locking their tops without any box or slipstream. I also have the J-tops boot but just for longer trips or extended periods with top down. Locking seems way over rated to me especially when $5 of straps solved the problem. Security sometimes requires compromise. The Diabolical also allowed me to provide padding for the soft top as there are also many reports of tops damaged in the down positions with and without tuffy or diabolical.

I added 1/4" neoprene pads to the slipsream top is now completely protected from rubbing wear

Slip%20mod%204_zpsjxygqgxq.jpg

slip%20mod%203_zpsedntu5ry.jpg

Sponsored

XJ-99

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (sold), 2010 Toyota RAV4v6 Limited (sold), 2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, Mojito!
Discontinued?
^^^^

I did e-mail Tuffy and this is the response I received from them.
_____

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your interest in Tuffy Products! We definitely do not plan on discontinuing the #345/351 JL Security Deck Enclosure! This is a very popular product, and we anticipate offering this product for many years to come.

If you have any other questions, please let us know!

Thanks,

Brian Teece

jthoms1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I have the Tuffy security deck and donā€™t hear any audible clicks when I lower the soft top. Also kind of late for this question now, but whatā€™s to stop someone from reaching in and unlocking all of the doors including the tailgate to gain access to the back? I havenā€™t tried it yet but that just dawned on me as an issue. Tuffy must have thought of that.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
I have the Tuffy security deck and donā€™t hear any audible clicks when I lower the soft top. Also kind of late for this question now, but whatā€™s to stop someone from reaching in and unlocking all of the doors including the tailgate to gain access to the back? I havenā€™t tried it yet but that just dawned on me as an issue. Tuffy must have thought of that.
Because once it is locked the tail gate cannot be unlocked without the FOB present...

XJ-99

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (sold), 2010 Toyota RAV4v6 Limited (sold), 2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, Mojito!
Only when I arrived late at night at a campground, used the FOB to lock the jeep, then tried to unlock the jeep with the key in the passenger's door and set off the alarm! :angry:
Sponsored