Tuffy security deck for JL Wrangler

F800

First Name
'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
No the lock for the tailgate is disabled. You have to unlock it with the key or remote
REALLY? Ok I have to test that, because if thats the case then it changes everything. It's between this and the smittybilt vault for me and I like the Tuffy Deck a lot more.

!
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Received my Tuffy security enclosure recently with completely different experience. Excellent packaging, no scuffs or scratches. Soft top not locking is an issue for all of this type enclosure to the best of my knowledge. Mine is quiet, edging fits good. The top and front panel come off in less than 2 minutes to load what ever you could of fit without it. And if there is the possibility of rain I tested it and the windows fit in the enclosure using moving blanket between each one.

kogar

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR EcoDiesel
Received my Tuffy security enclosure recently with completely different experience. Excellent packaging, no scuffs or scratches. Soft top not locking is an issue for all of this type enclosure to the best of my knowledge. Mine is quiet, edging fits good. The top and front panel come off in less than 2 minutes to load what ever you could of fit without it. And if there is the possibility of rain I tested it and the windows fit in the enclosure using moving blanket between each one.
My experience as well. 5 out of 5 (also: Great customer service).

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Anyone able to measure the distance between the floor of the Jeep cargo area to the top of the tuffy? I have a sub in mine and wonder if it will clear for height to stuff in here.

PSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XXXXXX 2020 JL Rubicon 3.6
I have the Tuffy enclosure paired with the Tuffy tailgate vault. Very happy. Once it gets settled (a few drives) no rattles.

Sponsored

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
I wonder if they made a change to the soft top more than just the tabs. I got my soft top later than my jeep, has the green tabs. I have had no problem in locking my roof with the Tuffy enclosure. Do love it. The Lid is great as a shelf. I placed carpeted tiles on the lid so that I could use Velcro cargo holders since the enclosed area is always full with my emergency equipment.

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone able to measure the distance between the floor of the Jeep cargo area to the top of the tuffy? I have a sub in mine and wonder if it will clear for height to stuff in here.
Tough to get an exact measurement, but it looks like itā€™s about 16.5ā€ inches or so.

70587098-151D-4534-8E77-C47FACB987E7.jpeg

nomad603

First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Anyone know how much weight can the top hold?

Medsker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I called them after I installed it to see if I could put my 37" spare tire on top of it and they said no problem. If I remember right they said 200 pounds but I'm not sure if I remember the total weight right but I know they said I could do the spare.

Sponsored

nomad603

First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
I called them after I installed it to see if I could put my 37" spare tire on top of it and they said no problem. If I remember right they said 200 pounds but I'm not sure if I remember the total weight right but I know they said I could do the spare.
A spare should about be around 135#, that should be strong enough for my purpose. Thank you.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
A spare should about be around 135#, that should be strong enough for my purpose. Thank you.
That is only relevent assuming the displacement is the sale. The only relevent data is weight per square inch in terms of weight limits. as that space tire displaces all the weight over a large area...

Medsker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I went back through my e-mails and found the one about this:

"We usually suggest no more than 200 lbs. to be placed on top of the lids on all of our deck enclosures.

You would definitely be able to place a spare tire on top of the lid.

Thanks,

Iain"

Last edited:

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Is there a cargo liner that would fit with this box?
Sponsored