Trackbar relocation bracket needed?

Prestige Billet

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Looking to install a RK 3.5 X Factor lift. I know I am going to need front and rear adjustable trackbars BUT do I need the relocation bracket?
I am looking at Rancho, Rock Krawler, or Teraflex trackbars ONLY.

REAR:
Rock Krawler rear trackbar says relocation bracket is needed with a 3.5" or larger lift
Rancho does not mention the need , nor do they offer a rear relocation bracket ?
Teraflex does not offer a rear trackbar from what I can tell.

FRONT:
Rock Krawler does not mention the need for a relocation bracket and I don't think they offer one
Rancho does not mention nor offer a relocation bracket for the front
Teraflex mentions it as "can be used with a relocation bracket"

Questions
1. Is a rear relocation bracket necessary? if so will I need other modifications? Exhaust etc?
2. Is a front bracket needed or desired?
3. Is the geometry different from one manufacturer to the other so that is why some require the relocation bracket and some don't?

Any thoughts on these 3 trackbars?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
We install a ton of metalcloak. They come with front and rear track bars. Installed an RK xfactor in my wife’s JL and it came with f/r track bars and a rear track bar relocation bracket. They say it helps improve the roll center of the jeep. I can’t tell a difference between driving mine with MC and no relocation bracket and hers. This is for 3.5” lifts. Anything taller and I think they would become much more important. RK builds a heck of a nice set of track bars and if they recommend it, I’d go with what they say

Brett

RanchoShocks

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gorancho.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Ours are a beefy and nice upgrade to stock.
We use our D2 bushing at the ends
A bit more about ours:

The D2 synthetic, high-articulation bushings in the Track Bar deliver superior dampening plus improved ride and handling characteristics. The D2 bushing has a firmer inner bearing material and a softer outer material to dampen noise, vibration, and harshness (NVH).

• Heavy-duty, .290 DOM wall tubing and forged ends construction
  • Includes D2 bushings for long life and improved ride experience
  • 1.375-in. OD diameter bar
Good luck!

AllJumpStyle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
We install a ton of metalcloak. They come with front and rear track bars. Installed an RK xfactor in my wife’s JL and it came with f/r track bars and a rear track bar relocation bracket. They say it helps improve the roll center of the jeep. I can’t tell a difference between driving mine with MC and no relocation bracket and hers. This is for 3.5” lifts. Anything taller and I think they would become much more important. RK builds a heck of a nice set of track bars and if they recommend it, I’d go with what they say

Brett
We've found track bar relocation brackets make a pretty significant improvement in drivability even at 2" of lift, especially in the rear. The front track bar relocation bracket typically only gets added at over 3" of lift. The fact that some of these more expensive 3.5" or taller lifts don't include them has always struck me as odd. The Jeep will always drive better with them at these lift heights.

Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Is it close to the exhaust with the rk bar and bracket on hers? I got over 3” of lift on mine and I tried to install bracket with my rk track bar and it hits the exhaust. I moved my rear wheels back 3/4” to better center in wheel well, did you do that, maybe that’s my issue?
I’ll go out to the shop and take a pic. I don’t recall having any clearance issues. Only negative about moving the axle back is when stuffed, the tire get pushed back further and into the liner or pinch weld. I know you wheel yours so I’m sure you have yours dialed in but something to think about.

Brett

RanchoShocks

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gorancho.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
We have ton of off and on-road with our systems and haven't seen a need for one... yet.
But if folks want us to build one... sure! :) LOL

Thank you,
@RanchoShocks what is your reasoning for not using a rear relocation bracket?

OP
OP
Prestige Billet

Prestige Billet

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
@RanchoShocks thank you for the reply. Yes I think you should build one.. As the lifts get taller there will be more need. If you had one I would have already ordered your track bars! Just afraid of mixing track bars and other brands relocation brackets.

OP
OP
Prestige Billet

Prestige Billet

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
@AllJumpStyle Thank you for your response, I have used Synergy products in the past on my JK with great results. I was not aware you made a rear track bar for the JL, I like what I see. Do you have a part number for the rear track bar bracket?

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
A rear track bar bracket that raises the mounting point on the axle improves roll center and reduces the amount of lateral movement in the rear axle throughout the suspension cycle. That translates to less left/right movement of the rear of the jeep when hitting bumps, and better ride quality.

A raised front bracket is typically used when going high steer to correct geometry when changing the mounting point of the drag link at the knuckle. While it will do the same thing as the rear, you have the additional consideration of drag link/frame interference and have to consider that when making choices.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
@AllJumpStyle Thank you for your response, I have used Synergy products in the past on my JK with great results. I was not aware you made a rear track bar for the JL, I like what I see. Do you have a part number for the rear track bar bracket?
Synergy MFG 8856-01 Rear Track Bar Relocation Bracket recommended for lifts 2 inches and taller and requires a minimum 2 inches of bump stop spacing.

The above was copy/pasted from the description of the rear track bar on the Synergy site.

@AllJumpStyle
I'm interested in your rear track bar and bracket and also your full set of control arms. Are these in stock and available at any of your vendors? I have a standing order for the arms at northridge, but it says 30 days to ship. They weren't showing the rear track bar, so I found and ordered it from ORW, but they're saying it'll take a few weeks for them to get it from you. I don't mind waiting at all, as long as they'll eventually show up, just curious if any of those parts are available anywhere? Thanks a bunch!

AllJumpStyle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Thank you. Yes, our track bar relocation brackets are coming. Like mentioned, our rear track bar bracket will be part # 8856-01 and is referenced on our rear track bar product page. It took some work to make sure our drag link, track bars, and track bar brackets all play nicely together. This is definitely a benefit of using components all from the same company. Our drag link is fairly low profile and the bar orientation is adjustable so it can be adjusted to prevent interference and not have to run a ton of bump stop spacing. Our drag link can be run flipped with only 3" of bump stop spacing.

For everyone curious, here are a couple images of early prototypes. They have changed a bit since these photos. Final versions should be releasing in the next month or two.

IMG_20190828_110148.jpg
IMG_20190828_110125.jpg

AllJumpStyle

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Synergy MFG 8856-01 Rear Track Bar Relocation Bracket recommended for lifts 2 inches and taller and requires a minimum 2 inches of bump stop spacing.

The above was copy/pasted from the description of the rear track bar on the Synergy site.

@AllJumpStyle
I'm interested in your rear track bar and bracket and also your full set of control arms. Are these in stock and available at any of your vendors? I have a standing order for the arms at northridge, but it says 30 days to ship. They weren't showing the rear track bar, so I found and ordered it from ORW, but they're saying it'll take a few weeks for them to get it from you. I don't mind waiting at all, as long as they'll eventually show up, just curious if any of those parts are available anywhere? Thanks a bunch!
Our control arms have been available for a while. They go fast though, so our dealers have been running out frequently.

I show Northridge4x4 does have 8862-01 rear track bars in stock, but they haven't added them to their website yet. ORW looks like they are waiting on our next production run to be finished.

The track bar brackets are coming. We are trying to get these and a few other items finished as quickly as we can so we can release our Stage 1-3 Suspension Systems.