Sponsored

Trackbar Product Selection Advice and Voting.

At the following price points which product would you buy or buy again?

• Total voters
OP
OP
SleepEatJeepRepeat

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
Damn, you just cost me $100! While researching my answer, I looked at TeraFlex’s IR bushings and they are perfect for this application; their ability to rotate without binding should reduce wear and tear. They even have a lifetime warranty.
I was going to get a Rubicon Express trackbar ‘cause it should be a good quality trackbar with rubber bushings, but I really like the concept of TeraFlex’s rotational bushings for $100 more.

Metal Cloak’s screw-together bushings will be easy to replace, but I suspect TeraFlex’s bushings will require replacing far less frequently. Since I’ll keep my JL for 10+ years and do occasional heavy ‘wheeling, I’ll try the TeraFlex.
I have made my final decisions like 4 times today, until the wind blows again I am leaning towards the teraflex again :)

luckily I have a few more days till Black Friday
Sponsored

OP
OP
SleepEatJeepRepeat

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
So you got me researching teraflex it bushings
I have made my final decisions like 4 times today, until the wind blows again I am leaning towards the teraflex again :)

luckily I have a few more days till Black Friday
so you got me researching the it bushing and I found this great video.. final decision made again

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
A little more on this subject for the benefit of relative newbies to the sport. If you plan to do light wheeling or mostly pavement pounding, any of the options listed here will be just fine (though I still prefer rubber bushings).

I’ve been in this sport for 20+ years and regularly do stuff like in the photos where I push the suspension to its limits. In my experience, poly squeaks and has had a tendency to not bounce back (over time) from extreme flex, eventually causing thudding sounds as your suspension is exercised (on road and off).

Rubber bushings are quieter, but over time they’ll rip up due to extreme flex and require replacement. In my experience, this was every 25-30k miles, which I always dreaded ‘cause you need to remove all the arms (and perhaps track bars) and take to a place with a worthy hydraulic press (my 12 ton Harbor Freight press is not worthy) to have your bushings pressed out and new bushings pressed in.

Because of the above, I’m very interested in Metal Cloak’s screw-together bushing which should ease eventual replacement. But I’m more interested in TeraFlex’s non-binding bushings as they should hold up to my abuse a lot longer and thus not need replacement as frequently. I am trusting that TeraFlex has done their due diligence from a durability perspective, otherwise I’ll be back in the bushing replacement business.

A138024E-9DF1-4780-9328-3180357DAEDB.jpeg

1E15EFAC-0316-47DA-9D33-211CB4F2CD5A.jpeg

Last edited:

KDR83

First Name
Krystian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Which of these for a daily driver with very little trail duty, just want to recenter the axle and no noise.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SleepEatJeepRepeat

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
A little more on this subject for the benefit of relative newbies to the sport. If you plan to do light wheeling or mostly pavement pounding, any of the options listed here will be just fine (though I still prefer rubber bushings).

I’ve been in this sport for 20+ years and regularly do stuff like in the photos where I push the suspension to its limits. In my experience, poly squeaks and has had a tendency to not bounce back (over time) from extreme flex, eventually causing thudding sounds as your suspension is exercised (on road and off).

Rubber bushings are quieter, but over time they’ll rip up due to extreme flex and require replacement. In my experience, this was every 25-30k miles, which I always dreaded ‘cause you need to remove all the arms (and perhaps track bars) and take to a place with a worthy hydraulic press (my 12 ton Harbor Freight press is not worthy) to have your bushings pressed out and new bushings pressed in.

Because of the above, I’m very interested in Metal Cloak’s screw-together bushing which should ease eventual replacement. But I’m more interested in TeraFlex’s non-binding bushings as they should hold up to my abuse a lot longer and thus not need replacement as frequently. I am trusting that TeraFlex has done their due diligence from a durability perspective, otherwise I’ll be back in the bushing replacement business.

A138024E-9DF1-4780-9328-3180357DAEDB.jpeg

1E15EFAC-0316-47DA-9D33-211CB4F2CD5A.jpeg
great input thanks for sharing your wisdom

GhosttheJL

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep jl Wrangler 2dr
Synergy all day. Dual Durometer bushings, maintenance free, and rock solid I got mine a few weeks ago, night and day difference.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I bought a Yeti Pro (polyurethane bushing version). It took all the spongy feel out of the steering on my stock 2018 JLUR. Very satisfied. I have no other experience with products from the other makers other than Rough Country. My experience with their stuff for my truck was bad. I wouldn't buy from them again. Poorly engineered A-arms that didn't fit.

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
I have the Yeti up front and a Metacloak on the rear....would have gotten a rear Steersmart if they had it. Regardless both work really well. But the Yeti is unbelievably heavy duty. Plan on swapping out the other parts with Steersmart as I can. Pricy but so worth it.

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
All great products, but will come down to brand loyalty and future plans. I went with a Teraflex track bar and Teraflex adjustable IR front and rear upper and lower control arms, in my opinion they make the highest quality partd. For the drag link and tie rod I went with the Yeti. Again, cant go wrong with any of them. I would get a set of adjustable LCA’s and stay away from cam bolts.
I am going to replace the front trackbar, as my JL has the shimmy steering issue, also going to do a fabtech cam bolt kit to increase caster. But now I can't on which trackbar to buy and want advice.

Teraflex - looks awesome and I love all their products that I have - it's pricey
https://teraflex.com/shop_items/jl-jlu-hd-forged-adjustable-front-track-bar-w-joint-kit-0-6-lift?vehicle=JLU Wrangler Unlimited

Yeti - Seems well regarded on-site, but also pricey
https://steersmarts.com/products/yeti-xd-jk-track-bar

RockKrawler - Recmonned by my shop, looks nice and price is right, heard parts rust easy
http://rockkrawler.com/rear-adjustable-track-bar/

MetalCloak - Chromoly sounds cool, treated with a protective coating, and their bushing patent sounds cool. Good price.
https://metalcloak.com/durotrak-track-bar-solid-chromoly-front-jl-wrangler.html

Synergy - lots of good feedback, coated
https://www.synergymfg.com/synergy-jeep-jl-hd-adjustable-front-track-bar.html?category_id=4980

Rancho - good feedback on site, good price
http://www.gorancho.com/products/ac...ancho-front-adjustable-track-bar-rs62109.html

I am really leaning towards the teraflex due to being a fanboy and it can be adjusted on the vehicle, or the metal cloak because Chromoly is light strong less flexible, and it has a vibration-reducing bushing (not sure how well it works or if it's marketing junk).

But ultimately not experienced with any of these and feeling overwhelmed by marketing material, and want to get input from folks who have or have tried these products and can provide feedback.

So I created a poll showing the products, the delivered cost of each. I would love to see you guys vote, as well as leave comments on why you prefer or recommend a product. I am out of build budget, so I really want to save money and fix the issue, not looking for the dream part, just a solid part stops flex/vibration and recenters the axl.

(also if anyone thinks i should add another product to the convo let me know).
ll

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
SleepEatJeepRepeat

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
All great products, but will come down to brand loyalty and future plans. I went with a Teraflex track bar and Teraflex adjustable IR front and rear upper and lower control arms, in my opinion they make the highest quality partd. For the drag link and tie rod I went with the Yeti. Again, cant go wrong with any of them. I would get a set of adjustable LCA’s and stay away from cam bolts.

ll
I might skip cam bolts and just do track bar and the re evaluate, why don’t you like cam bolts?

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I might skip cam bolts and just do track bar and the re evaluate, why don’t you like cam bolts?
They will slip over time. Once you slot out the holes in the LCA brackets they're slotted for life. Now when you go to put good adjustable LCAs on in the future after you're not happy with the cam bolts you have a slot instead of a hole to bolt them into.

OP
OP
SleepEatJeepRepeat

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
They will slip over time. Once you slot out the holes in the LCA brackets they're slotted for life. Now when you go to put good adjustable LCAs on in the future after you're not happy with the cam bolts you have a slot instead of a hole to bolt them into.
thanks for teachings me, will avoid them.. going to go teraflex front and a metalcloak rear tack bar.. and see how it goes, then do lca’s

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
I like the Teraflex best but have been waiting on them to release the rear version so I can get a matching set. Called a while ago and they said in the works.

OP
OP
SleepEatJeepRepeat

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I like the Teraflex best but have been waiting on them to release the rear version so I can get a matching set. Called a while ago and they said in the works.
many idea of how long?
Sponsored