J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I plan on getting the 3.5 MC GC. Are any of you guys running that kit, replacing your front TB with a Yeti? Hoping to rely on the MC bar...unsure if there is a need for replacement.
Sponsored

jruss

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport Unlimited
It’s apples and oranges. I’ve handled both. If you go mc, read the instructions and make sure you have a die grinder to do the install.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I have the MC lift and yeti track bar. I don’t want to come across as implying there is anything wrong with the MC, we just wanted full steer smart stuff when we had death wobble. The MC track bar is 1.5” solid chromoly I believe

The steer smart stuff is awesome. With I had gotten the griffin attenuator when we ordered but it wasn’t available yet

Brett

BLLFRG

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
I have the MC lift and yeti track bar. I don’t want to come across as implying there is anything wrong with the MC, we just wanted full steer smart stuff when we had death wobble. The MC track bar is 1.5” solid chromoly I believe

The steer smart stuff is awesome. With I had gotten the griffin attenuator when we ordered but it wasn’t available yet

Brett
Did you have death wobble with the MC kit or before install of the kit? I am trying to work the timing I guess.

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Don’t have my JL yet but I had an 05 LJR with all MC arms and track bars, they are pure beef. Not sure why there would be need a need to replace it with the yeti. If you do, send me a pm and I’ll buy your MC.

Sponsored

muvover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL unlimited
I plan on getting the 3.5 MC GC. Are any of you guys running that kit, replacing your front TB with a Yeti? Hoping to rely on the MC bar...unsure if there is a need for replacement.
I have the MC 3.5" with their trackbar, Steersmarts Fliped draglink, tierod and relocation bracket.
I did have serious death wobble after the lift and 37" tires,
Between the Steersmarts parts, and an increase in tire pressure, it apppears the death wobble is gone.
The MC trackbar has plenty of strength and great bushings.

OP
OP
jlewissystem

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I have the MC 3.5" with their trackbar, Steersmarts Fliped draglink, tierod and relocation bracket.
Between the Steersmarts parts, and an increase in tire pressure, it apppears the death wobble is gone.
Thanks for the response! So - sounds like you are still running the MC TB? That's good to know. I would assume that it's beefy...maybe not as much as the SteerSmarts, but i would think it would do the trick. Based on your review, i'll assume the SS TB is not needed, IF you get the MC kit. Would anyone else have a different opinion on this or agree?

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you have death wobble with the MC kit or before install of the kit? I am trying to work the timing I guess.
I had DW when the MC track bar was installed. I don’t want to imply that was the issue though. It drove great until our first wheeling trip and then the DW arrived

Brett

BLLFRG

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
I had DW when the MC track bar was installed. I don’t want to imply that was the issue though. It drove great until our first wheeling trip and then the DW arrived

Brett
Interesting. Not sure if I had seen anyone else talk about DW post MC/RK lifts. Would not think their lifts would be an issue based on the designs.

Artemis

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubi 4 door 3.6 Firecracker Red
How is your flip link working? I am about to build the same setup with a MC 3.5, but steers smart page says not to use their top link with the 3.5" lift. You getting any frame rubbing?

Sponsored

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
People have had DW with the yeti as well until they fixed the true weak points of THEIR JL front end. After reading countless threads about the JL DW issue, it seems its more tie roe end related than anything else and/or combination of caster angle. Thats the bitch about DW, it can come from any number of things as well as combinations of things. Thats not to say the MC track bar isn't a factor. The big thing I see is people throw 4-5 parts to fix their DW which makes it more difficult for the rest of people to determine what their issue may be.

Artemis

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From the study and conversations I've had with steering and suspension experts lately, think we are getting close to an answer with DW and the JL. I agree that a lot of it is coming from Caster. It looks like once you lift your jeep you really need to push it out to somewhere between 6-6.5 degrees, depending on your setup. The other big thing seems to be weakness in the stock drag link. I'll be interested to see after we get a few more model years in to see if the track bar improments FCA is doing will fix all of our issues, or if there will be other improvements needed.

muvover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL unlimited
How is your flip link working? I am about to build the same setup with a MC 3.5, but steers smart page says not to use their top link with the 3.5" lift. You getting any frame rubbing?
The flip clears everything just fine.
When I had death wobble, my caster was already set to 6.0 and 6.1.
Installing the Steersmarts parts stopped the death wobble. I do agree that the weak link is the draglink, along with the change in geometry.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From my perspective and opinion I wouldn’t use the no drill top mount drag link from steer smart with a MC 3.5 lift. The bottom mount is perfect and my angles are great.

Brett

Artemis

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From my perspective and opinion I wouldn’t use the no drill top mount drag link from steer smart with a MC 3.5 lift. The bottom mount is perfect and my angles are great.

Brett
After talking to both metal cloak and steers smart I decided to go with the under the knuckle setup. I figure if there is an issue I can change it up later. Metal Cloak did mention they are developing their own steering kit. It however won't be ready for almost 6 months. With my lift going on right after delivery, I'm not going to take the chance of crappy/wondering steering or DW in my first 5k miles. I'm just doing the steering upgrade right away. Cost of doing business I guess. I will be pairing the SS drag and Tie Rod with the MC Track bar. I don't see at this point why it wouldn't do the job exceptionally well.
Sponsored