Sponsored

TPMS Issue

echelon37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon, 2022 Gobi on order!
Good is relative to your goals in my opinion. I just had the standard Rubicon wheels and BGF ATs, and wanted them gone quick without a bunch of drama or hassle on my part. I posted them up for a grand even and they were gone quick.
Sponsored

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

Sort of related question... When you rotate your tires, do the factory sensors automatically figure it out with the vehicle or do they need to be reset somehow? I have a 2021 JLUR with KMC Beadlocks and the OEM sensors. They seem to be reading accurate pressure, but not accurate location on the vehicle.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Sort of related question... When you rotate your tires, do the factory sensors automatically figure it out with the vehicle or do they need to be reset somehow? I have a 2021 JLUR with KMC Beadlocks and the OEM sensors. They seem to be reading accurate pressure, but not accurate location on the vehicle.
I've had that problem as well, seemed to figure out which one was where after driving it for a while. The rear seems especially problematic with aftermarket wheels, there is only one receiver and two transmitters. I've also gotten -- (dashes) in the display for one or multiple tires after airing down and back up, those also go away after some driving.

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
What's a good asking price? They will have about 200 miles on them. I have never posted anything for sale on Facebook.
I see the stock 392 wheels and tires as new take offs all day on FB for $2500. I contacted a couple sellers and they had no interest in negotiating on price and one guy said he has sold 5 sets so far at that price point (from various people he's swapped out new wheels/tires for on their new 392s).

I waited. Found someone about 3 hours from me who had posted hers for sale but didn't want to sit on them since she had no storage space and they were sitting at her friends tire shop. $1800 is what I picked them up for, though I will also say they had no TPMS sensors so it also cost me a little time and a set of sensors from TPMS Bargains (thanks again for the help @Goin2drt )!

Still a good deal though, and a great look...

Jeep Wrangler JL TPMS Issue 224160462_146538880925923_4304440689240552807_n

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
They auto relearn after rotation.

Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We have confirmed the 2 new part #'s are Schrader 29057 even though the window sticker says "Continental"

68313387AB and 68339096AB are both the same and will take 29057's. We do however have 3 different dates from Jeep dealers as to when the change happened. All builds after 6/5/21, 6/7/21 and 6/15/21.

Bottom line if you have a build some time in June you should call a dealer, ask for parts, give them your VIN and ask them for the TPMS part # for your vehicle to be sure.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
I've had that problem as well, seemed to figure out which one was where after driving it for a while. The rear seems especially problematic with aftermarket wheels, there is only one receiver and two transmitters. I've also gotten -- (dashes) in the display for one or multiple tires after airing down and back up, those also go away after some driving.
My front tires are switched on the display. I think it has to do with the order I mounted my 39’s. I’ll be rotating them soon, so hopefully they sort out. I’m also hoping I can clear the error light once the vehicle is properly tracking tire locations. I was fine for 2 months, now it is having issues. I suspect the front sensors are trying to read across the vehicle and thus throwing the error.

johngalt312

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5; Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
What's a good asking price? They will have about 200 miles on them. I have never posted anything for sale on Facebook.
I got $1,250 for mine via FB (250 miles - wheels/tires/TPMS) - had five people reach out within an hour of listing.

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Any new info on this? My passenger front and rear get mixed up on occasion and rarely do they both read. I using DV8 wheels with 4" (i think back spacing).

I rotated the tires and same result, the one that wasn't reading is now the spare and the same issue is occurring.

If I get the new sensors will it fix it? They are bead locks so I really don't want to mess with it if I do not have to.

Where are the sensors could it be bad or blocked by after market inner fenders? Any other crazy ideas?

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

Any new info on this? My passenger front and rear get mixed up on occasion and rarely do they both read. I using DV8 wheels with 4" (i think back spacing).

I rotated the tires and same result, the one that wasn't reading is now the spare and the same issue is occurring.

If I get the new sensors will it fix it? They are bead locks so I really don't want to mess with it if I do not have to.

Where are the sensors could it be bad or blocked by after market inner fenders? Any other crazy ideas?
My tires are all reading now, but they are still not matching up with the location on the dash. I wander if they make any TPMS that go on the outside of the rim that would work with the OEM dash. I have a set that I use on my travel trailer that attach right to the valve and work great. When you rotate the tires, you just swap the caps around or reset it. Would be much easier than breaking into the beadlocks and replacing the ones we have. I am not sure they are broke as much as having a hard time reading through the wheels. I have a 2021 so they are not that old.

Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

My tires are all reading now, but they are still not matching up with the location on the dash. I wander if they make any TPMS that go on the outside of the rim that would work with the OEM dash. I have a set that I use on my travel trailer that attach right to the valve and work great. When you rotate the tires, you just swap the caps around or reset it. Would be much easier than breaking into the beadlocks and replacing the ones we have. I am not sure they are broke as much as having a hard time reading through the wheels. I have a 2021 so they are not that old.
Guys. If they are not matching the location then they are not working. There is no magic to the TPMS and you don't need to remove the TPMS and keep it at that specific corner when you rotate your tires. You rotate and they "relearn" the new position via the TPMS system. How do you know they are not matching?

Lower your PSI about 12 psi. Drive a block and then come back and fill to the door placard which should be 37 lbs. or pretty close. Go drive again and they will relearn after a few blocks. If they do not then there is something else wrong.

The only thing that can happen which was common in the 18's is once adding a lift and thicker tires the signal gets weaker the farther away it gets. So is what happens is the sensor only gets picked up on occasional rotations so the the PSI on your dash reads correctly but the light stays on because it thinks there is something wrong with the system because it doesn't pick up the sensor on every rotation.

Hope this helps.

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

Guys. If they are not matching the location then they are not working. There is no magic to the TPMS and you don't need to remove the TPMS and keep it at that specific corner when you rotate your tires. You rotate and they "relearn" the new position via the TPMS system. How do you know they are not matching?

Lower your PSI about 12 psi. Drive a block and then come back and fill to the door placard which should be 37 lbs. or pretty close. Go drive again and they will relearn after a few blocks. If they do not then there is something else wrong.

The only thing that can happen which was common in the 18's is once adding a lift and thicker tires the signal gets weaker the farther away it gets. So is what happens is the sensor only gets picked up on occasional rotations so the the PSI on your dash reads correctly but the light stays on because it thinks there is something wrong with the system because it doesn't pick up the sensor on every rotation.

Hope this helps.
Tried that several times. Even had the dealer try to get it right on the last rotation. They blame the wheel thickness. Not sure if that is the real cause, but traditional relearning process is not working for my rig.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tried that several times. Even had the dealer try to get it right on the last rotation. They blame the wheel thickness. Not sure if that is the real cause, but traditional relearning process is not working for my rig.
Haven't seen that issue since 2018. Are they the OEM sensors that came with the Jeep?

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

Haven't seen that issue since 2018. Are they the OEM sensors that came with the Jeep?
Yes, 2021. I had the local Big O take them out of the OEM wheels for me and then I put them into the KMC Beadlocks myself with the proper pulling tool. Aired down and back up several times without success on getting them to match up with the dash. Air pressure is spot on, just not location.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, 2021. I had the local Big O take them out of the OEM wheels for me and then I put them into the KMC Beadlocks myself with the proper pulling tool. Aired down and back up several times without success on getting them to match up with the dash. Air pressure is spot on, just not location.
Is your TPMS light off as well? PSI can be off a couple of PSI. If light is off as well then air one of them way down, drive and when you do that does that one come up on the dash at the new PSI and in the wrong location?
Sponsored