Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

I know the tow limit is 2000lb. Wondering what folks are pulling as far as small trailers/toys, and overland outfitted trailers?
Sponsored

Grand Lake Special

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Sport Sarge Green
Occupation
retired teacher & building administrator
Vehicle Showcase
picked this up last spring to use behind my 2dr at the cottage. building stake sides to mount pioneer tool setup this winter.... Update: finished the stake sides and installed Pioneer tool kit . Tarp cover new as well
Jeep Wrangler JL Towing stuff with your 2dr (pics?) TB4.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Towing stuff with your 2dr (pics?) stake sides 3.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Towing stuff with your 2dr (pics?) stake sides 5.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Towing stuff with your 2dr (pics?) sides cover 2.JPG

Last edited:

Sponsored

poncho@home

First Name
Nektar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL, Mustang GT, Street Triple 675R
needed to pick up the summer wheels from previous owner, 2nd day of ownership

Jeep Wrangler JL Towing stuff with your 2dr (pics?) B3AD3C09-CB06-4EFA-9D0C-79AACD91B414

BeeLDub

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys, 2019 Cherokee Limited
Occupation
Structural Engineer
I don't have pics, but I pulled my RZR Turbo S a while back (about 1800lbs) on a trailer that probably weighed 900-1000lbs. So definitely over the weight rating. I don't share this to brag, more to inform.

From someone that has done a LOT of towing and driving heavy vehicles, as well as being very familiar with the Jeep's ability to pull AND stop, I was confident on this short trip.

Let me start by saying, not only does my current 2dr have bigger brakes and an updated engine compared to my 2016 JKU, it has the same brakes and engine as the current 4dr, but a lower tow rating than both, for good reason.

My JL pulled GREAT! Better than my JKU. And in normal conditions, it stopped great too. Where the 2dr falls short, and the reason for the lower tow rating, is emergency braking. I did some hard braking to get a feel for it, and with roughly 2700lbs pushing into this short wheelbase, you can feel the weight/pressure of the trailer effecting your steering so much more than a heavier/longer wheelbase 4dr.

I was also blinding everyone with my low beams due to the squat the tongue weight gave my Jeep.

Moral of the story, be aware of the effect of trailer weight on handling, especially as you push closer to the tow limit. Give yourself plenty of space to react and brake. And maybe get a set of airbags. I ordered a set, but have not yet installed/used them. They should help out big time with handling as well as prevent blinding other drivers.

If you know what you're doing, and have experience, you can pull 2000lbs like a dream with these!

Kllrbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
No pics here. I found the perfect trailer for our 2 doors is the Harbor Freight 4X8 trailer. Its not the sexy pick, thats for sure. I got mine about 7 years ago (had a TJ at the time) for around 220 bucks with a coupon. Bolted down a piece of 3/4" plywood and built some sides and its still like new today. I usually just use it for hauling my ice fishing shanty out to the lake, or kayaks, dirtbikes, etc. Its a lightweight duty trailer, but it gets the job done. I think its rated for 1500lbs, so its right where we need to be.

Sponsored

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon two door. 2.0 Turbo.
Just a little utility trailer. Actually easier to load, and use than my pickup was but you do have to plan things a little more.
Have used it for lawnmowers, firewood, trips to the depot, etc.
Had to change to a lower ball mount since going with the 35's, but it is a pretty nice set up.
Jeep Wrangler JL Towing stuff with your 2dr (pics?) IMG_1337
Jeep Wrangler JL Towing stuff with your 2dr (pics?) IMG_1340
Sponsored