Sponsored

Topsy Lift thread

OrdinaryCargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sport S
I ordered the brackets and cam plates on August 8. No order confirmation or delay email yet. Wondering since they are passing out cam plates for free if I'll get a refund.
Sponsored

Movingday

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Damn I hate they moved this thread. Was much easier to find daily in the general section

dond49

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon OBM
I just tried to order the hoist kit from Topsy, says out of stock and won't allow me to complete the purchase

BlairF

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS-S Mojito! - 2014 Challenger RT Classic (SuperCharged) - 2016 Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Technology Incident Management
Vehicle Showcase
I just tried to order the hoist kit from Topsy, says out of stock and won't allow me to complete the purchase
Message them on Facebook, they are pretty good about responding.

Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Just keep checking in from time to time. They sell out quick and will be unavailable periodically. It took about a week or two before I was able to place my order. From the sounds of the last response they may be available again. If not just try again in a day or two.

Aclud4

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Got my notification today too. Now I just need to get a working jeep back from my dealer!

Outwest970

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I reached out to Topsy to check, but are the red hooks no longer going to be available at all? I haven't heard back from them.

And if anyone here has a set that they'd be willing to part with, DM me, thanks! I'd love to have a set

Sponsored

Movingday

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
I reached out to Topsy to check, but are the red hooks no longer going to be available at all? I haven't heard back from them.

And if anyone here has a set that they'd be willing to part with, DM me, thanks! I'd love to have a set
They originally said they were doing a first run of red then switching to black after those ran out. There hasn’t been anything that I’ve seen that implied they would do red again. If you read back in this thread, someone painted them and it turned out great, so that’s always an option

Outwest970

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
They originally said they were doing a first run of red then switching to black after those ran out. There hasn’t been anything that I’ve seen that implied they would do red again. If you read back in this thread, someone painted them and it turned out great, so that’s always an option
Mike, thanks for the recommendation, I hadn't thought about painting them, but that definitely makes sense (I've seen other owners paint their tow hooks, etc.) I am awaiting a granite metallic JLU with black top and like the look of the red hooks. I appreciate the info! I'm sure Topsy could make a killing making matching colors (Hella Yella, Mojito, Punk'n, etc.) but I realize that's probably not feasible, ha!

Outwest970

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
While I'm here, I have another question. I am concerned with the *new* quality of the Racor hoist, given the reviews on Amazon, for example. I know Topsy was offering metal replacement cams, but are there other weak points I should be aware of? For me, the beefier the better, so I hate to order a Racor lift and be concerned about the safety of it. Anyone who has bought one lately, what are your thoughts since they're not made to the same quality as the older hoists?

Boston Mike

First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU Rubicon
Hahah me too! Got the same email.
I didn't get the email as I had ordered the hooks and the cam upgrade together. I was told I was getting a free tshirt!!!! Ummm, I'd rather the free cam upgrade everyone else is getting.

Movingday

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
While I'm here, I have another question. I am concerned with the *new* quality of the Racor hoist, given the reviews on Amazon, for example. I know Topsy was offering metal replacement cams, but are there other weak points I should be aware of? For me, the beefier the better, so I hate to order a Racor lift and be concerned about the safety of it. Anyone who has bought one lately, what are your thoughts since they're not made to the same quality as the older hoists?
Some people have replaced the lag bolts with bigger stronger ones. I’m going to attach chains to the four corners with eye bolts in the joists as a safety precaution if there is a failure in the lift
Sponsored