Top down with kids?

Impy5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
I know many people here have younger children, and I know the JLU is a decent family hauler. That said how many of you drive with the top off with your children on board and for how long? I have a 2 and 3 year old, they both love Jeeps and point out Wranglers every time we see one ( I have a GC which they don't count as a Jeep ) so I'm just trying to get some ideas on how often people drive with the top down with kids similar in age to mine. Thanks!
Sponsored

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
I know many people here have younger children, and I know the JLU is a decent family hauler. That said how many of you drive with the top off with your children on board and for how long? I have a 2 and 3 year old, they both love Jeeps and point out Wranglers every time we see one ( I have a GC which they don't count as a Jeep ) so I'm just trying to get some ideas on how often people drive with the top down with kids similar in age to mine. Thanks!
As much as possible

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
You can always leave the doors on and the windows up if that concerns you. They will love it!

First Name
MW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.0 l JLUR
If you have a two and three year old, leave the doors on but put the top down. Mine are older so it's doors off for us! They will absolutely love it when you put the top down!

Sponsored

MidMo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ / 2001 WJ / 2017 Ram 3500HD / 2019 JLU Moab
Some of my daughters best childhood memories include road/trail trips with our TJ in open sky mode. My enjoyment would come from adjusting the rearview so I could see her sitting back there taking everything in with a huge smile on her face. Enjoy your Jeep!

HSJeep

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ, 2019 JLUR (pending)
I'm in a similar boat. We have a 6 and 5 year old, they are on the taller side so they using boosters instead of the 5 point harnesses (we just made the switch) I convinced the wife to let me go top down with the old five point harnesses for the kids. Next step is working on the wife no doors ;)

Jeeper Fever

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2-Door Manual JLR
They are 2 and 3 years old, and they already know that a Grand Cherokee isn't really a Jeep.

You are raising them well.

:P

Sponsored

Jeeper Fever

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2-Door Manual JLR
I'm in a similar boat. We have a 6 and 5 year old, they are on the taller side so they using boosters instead of the 5 point harnesses (we just made the switch) I convinced the wife to let me go top down with the old five point harnesses for the kids. Next step is working on the wife no doors ;)
This is why the tubular half doors exist.

I think of them as "kiddie keepers" cuz they help keep the kids in the Jeep. Also, tubular half doors will be the only way I can imagine getting my brother's wife to let the kids ride in my Jeep.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
I've had the freedom panels off twice so far, and my kids (13 & 11) were not impressed. Of course it was under 40 degrees both times. We're all looking forward to topless days on warmer days!

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
My boys were 5/7 last year and liked summer with the top off, or sides/back off. Even if you aren't topless this year, you will in a year or two. With the soft top, I like the sides/rear off the most. Highway wouldn't be fun in the rear, but we are just driving around town...50mph tops.

GL!
Sponsored