Tomorrow is DEC 6

Dond330

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 4xe
And this folks is exactly why there shouldn’t even be dealerships. The disdain for the customer is spelled out right here for you. From someone smack dab in the middle of it.
Give me a website to build and order, a way to pay, and a place to pick it up or have it delivered. No sales people involved. It has worked for others, no reason it can’t for Stellantis.
Maybe then they could focus on service, repairs, and warranty issues.

I do appreciate the honesty laid out though. I got your money, now fuk off…
Not at all. What industry do you work in? What other industry specifically do you constantly bother a representative for updates? Be realistic or knowledgeable about this topic before you talk negative. WE DO NOT GET LIVE UPDATES!!! Honestly? What do you want us to say??? We run out of reasonable things to say when it’s constant. It’s by far not most customers it’s the 1-2% that think we have inside information. Especially recently, we don’t even know when we are getting trucks into the dealerships because logistics is so far behind. Everyone is struggling right now, unfortunately, that includes us.

Dond330

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 4xe
Lol... No offense but I work for a manufacturing company that builds 2k products a day and we have live tracking for every order. We even have projected build days for orders that are 3-4 months out. Almost every other manufacturing industry does this. It isn't that hard.
Do you have those customers calling you constantly? I agree, vehicle manufacturers can and should do a better job, technology is available. For whatever reason, they don’t. Be frustrated with the vehicle manufacturers, not the dealers or a sales person that has zero say or has the ability to track. Not saying you specifically, but reading through the threads, people are upset that the sales rep doesn’t know anything or is lying. That’s true, they don’t know! Lol

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
Honestly? What do you want us to say???
The problem is we all know that the dealer gets updated information and most aren't proactive with sharing, so unless the dealer is sending periodic status updates (even if it's to simply say nothing has changed), they're going to get hounded for updates.

DougJaneway

First Name
37NDJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Local Government Official
Do you have those customers calling you constantly? I agree, vehicle manufacturers can and should do a better job, technology is available. For whatever reason, they don’t. Be frustrated with the vehicle manufacturers, not the dealers or a sales person that has zero say or has the ability to track. Not saying you specifically, but reading through the threads, people are upset that the sales rep doesn’t know anything or is lying. That’s true, they don’t know! Lol
We did until we implemented our published build schedule. It's something everyone in the industry is having to adapt to. Every manufacturer has the ability to make an educated date as to lead times. It just takes a little effort from the planning/scheduling department to keep up with it. It takes so much pressure off of customer service and dealers.

Sponsored

OSCAR II

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKF
There are/were bar codes along the line that the assemblers scan when completed.

Well you guys are peaking my interest now. I see project calls for GM powertrain and Chrysler Toledo Assembly Complex (assuming that's the Wrangler plant?). I might just make a ph call. I could do that for 2-3 weeks.

Gnomad

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 392 XR, C7Z Corvette, C5Z Corvette
I had a BMW X5 built last year. They have a fantastic tracking system when you log into your account on their mygarage website.

If you could scroll down on the screenshot I attached, you’d see a detailed report of my vehicle and all the options I selected. Along with that was a huge list (maybe 20) of the stages listed out in sentences rather than obscure codes. Checks would appear next to each as it moved through.

Never crossed my mind to call or visit anyone for updates on my build. It was all right there. Yes this can be done.

Jeep Wrangler JL Tomorrow is DEC 6 5055D503-A2F7-4175-BF7D-E6272C772280

Last edited:

Viking Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJR. 2021 392 Wrangler.
Ship date is usually the build date. My 2021 had a ship date of 12/06. My dealer confirmed my Jeep was just built and is in the inspection stage right now. It is not always the case, but tends to be.
Mine has been in inspection stage for over 3 weeks.

2019RubiconNY

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon, 21 Willys, 22 Rubicon
Please stop jerking people around with misinformation!

2022 builds have officially begun as of December 6, 2021.
If you have an order for a 2021 that was not fulfilled, it will be carried over as a 2022 model. So in essence, you got a year newer for your troubles.
Customer orders are priority before regular dealership vehicles to be put on the lot for sale. Therefore, you SHOULD see an update within the end of this week/beginning of next on your builds.
Remember, those order tracking sites/FCA update status on a delay.
You will NOT be waiting 6 months into 2022, stop listening to knuckleheads on the forum

Sponsored

2019RubiconNY

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon, 21 Willys, 22 Rubicon
Ok so go on and keep fishing through the internet for some reassurance you seem to need.

OP
OP

Phantomworks

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayenne, Hellcat, 22 Rubicon ordered
Yeah, but it doesn't matter if it's an option or not when they manufacture the product. There's a build sheet, and that's it.
Please stop jerking people around with misinformation!

2022 builds have officially begun as of December 6, 2021.
If you have an order for a 2021 that was not fulfilled, it will be carried over as a 2022 model. So in essence, you got a year newer for your troubles.
Customer orders are priority before regular dealership vehicles to be put on the lot for sale. Therefore, you SHOULD see an update within the end of this week/beginning of next on your builds.
Remember, those order tracking sites/FCA update status on a delay.
You will NOT be waiting 6 months into 2022, stop listening to knuckleheads on the forum
I have had 2 hellcats and a trackhawk and this is how business was conducted in that wheel house.