Tomorrow is DEC 6

Phantomworks

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayenne, Hellcat, 22 Rubicon ordered
Can anyone confirm if they are going start 22 production?
Sponsored

Pinion

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 FJ40, 22 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Project Manager
I wonder if they're just going to keep manufacturing as normal and just record the VINs as 2021 or 2022 based on order date.

Nothing really changed.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Phantomworks

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayenne, Hellcat, 22 Rubicon ordered
I don't know the answer but I still have an unbuilt 2021 ordered.
That is kinda "scary". Any word if they are going to just roll your to a 22 order? I am coming from the Hellcat community and they would issue vouchers for the next model year by now.
I wonder if they're just going to keep manufacturing as normal and just record the VINs as 2021 or 2022 based on order date.

Nothing really changed.
I am not sure I completely understand your statement, but many options on the 21 are standard on the 22. Needless to say I have ordered a 22 and am curious. I have VIN issues already as well.

Pinion

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 FJ40, 22 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Project Manager
That is kinda "scary". Any word if they are going to just roll your to a 22 order? I am coming from the Hellcat community and they would issue vouchers for the next model year by now.

I am not sure I completely understand your statement, but many options on the 21 are standard on the 22. Needless to say I have ordered a 22 and am curious. I have VIN issues already as well.
It doesn't matter if it's an option or not when they manufacture the product. There's a build sheet, and that's it. I ordered mine in October, so we're in the same canoe.

Albany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Willy's Sport 2 door manual

No it's a 21 and will not be cancelled according to dealer and Jeep Chat. And the Vin I got in August is '21 specific.
I talk to Jeep Chat once a day and as of yesterday it was going to enter the build process "soon".
I don't know much about model years but doesn't make much sense if they're building 21s after the 22 model year begins production. Wonder if that would be some sort of legal issue? I mean theoretically couldn't someone still be waiting on a 19 if that was the process? If I had to guess...and I really mean this is just my uninformed (since jeep won't tell me anything)guess. I think there's a few more days of 21 production before switchover

Sponsored

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
I'm not getting my hopes up. When I ordered on October 19, 14 days after the October 5 2022 model year order opening date, I told my sales guy, "okay, now I wait 6 months." He laughed and said it wouldn't be that, so I just told him I'm assuming February. He said it would probably be early January. I'm thinking that it will probably be May or June at this point.

john adams

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD, Bolt
I'm not getting my hopes up. When I ordered on October 19, 14 days after the October 5 2022 model year order opening date, I told my sales guy, "okay, now I wait 6 months." He laughed and said it wouldn't be that, so I just told him I'm assuming February. He said it would probably be early January. I'm thinking that it will probably be May or June at this point.
Oct 4 here. Been assuming Feb or March.

Cowboy from hell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Dr Rubicon hydro pearl 6 speed
Mine just got built last week and is shipping this week. Will be 20 weeks since order back in mid july! I hope everyone who ordered a 21 gets built before the 22s. I would absolutely lose my shit if I started to see production on 22s while Im still waiting for parts! Can u imagine?? I would hate jeep to the core and never buy again....seriously.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I just called the factory and confirmed they are starting tomorrow.
Did you speak to John? He was out when I called. There was a Phil who happened to be walking by John's phone and he said his brothers wife, her sister in is married to a dude, who is John's cousin, 2nd removed that works on the 392 line and apparently only Tuscadero 2dr manuals are coming off the line right now. He couldn't confirm 100% though as he has been working from home for 2 years.
Sponsored