Tomorrow is DEC 6

scj64

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Ram 2500, ‘23 R/T, ‘23 20A 392, ‘22 FLHTK
My dealer’s sales guy reached out to me earlier today saying my ‘22 is slightly ahead of schedule and estimated shipping is still 12/18/21 though.
Sponsored

DougJaneway

First Name
37NDJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Local Government Official
That sounds really optimistic. If that's the case though, that would be great. We ordered around the same time.

My dealer’s sales guy reached out to me earlier today saying my ‘22 is slightly ahead of schedule and estimated shipping is still 12/18/21 though.

scj64

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Ram 2500, ‘23 R/T, ‘23 20A 392, ‘22 FLHTK
That sounds really optimistic. If that's the case though, that would be great. We ordered around the same time.
He was right on the money about my wife’s ‘21 JLR delivery but I’m not going to act like a baby if it doesn’t show up when estimated.
I never have to reach out to him, he always initiates contact as soon as there’s a change.

Sponsored

Deleted member 59498

Not a rumor at all just deal with it. 1000 a day would be a perfect day with perfect supply chain and everything running 100%. Assembly is not starting this week. No amount of tears is going to change that.

Deleted member 59498

They shutdown Cherokee production Monday. Lack of chips.

NYJeepGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
They shutdown Cherokee production Monday. Lack of chips.
Wait, does that mean my Cherokee XJ is going to be delayed? It’s been like 20 years. I have the VON/VIN, but Jeep chat just keeps telling me the parts have been gathered. Dealer remains optimistic. Seriously, another year or two & I’ll just cancel.

Sponsored

Joanie0713

First Name
Joanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia Denali

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker

KJKWillys

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Granite Crystal Willys - 6 Speed Manual
I've custom ordered 2 other cars, a VW and a BMW. Both gave great updates, so much that I never once thought to initiate contact. With Jeep, I didn't get a VON until I asked. Didn't get a VIN until I asked. No one at the dealer mentioned Cryptostickers or Jeep Chat. When I called early, the salesman told me 4-6 weeks (8 weeks ago...no status update yet). I haven't gotten one outreach from the salesman.

The brand is doing a bad job on this. It doesn't have to be perfect but their customer experience is poor...and that'e BEFORE we talk about service and reliability. Look: I want a Wrangler so I'm getting one. But I am going in eyes wide open after talking to my buddy, reading here, and my own experience thus far. I fully expect to love the vehicle (reliability will play some role in this!) and be wary of the brand.
It’s not that difficult. Put a bar code sticker on the frame and the tech scans it when it arrives at each point in the build. Takes two seconds. Build location tracked electronically. Happens every day in other manufacturing facilities.
Sponsored