Sponsored

Tomorrow is DEC 6

OSCAR II

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKF
Well your credibility just went down the tubes LOL.
I've looked up on my employers web page and there is a project scheduled. I haven't contacted anyone yet, if I commit I have to pack up my isht and go.

Its been common knowledge that the plants shut down for the holidays. I know guys that chase it for the O/T. Granted we are in strange times and maybe they want to play catch up but there is a project scheduled.

Heres a thread about a previous holiday shut down.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/toledo-shutdown-when.20193/
Sponsored

OSCAR II

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKF
It’s not that difficult. Put a bar code sticker on the frame and the tech scans it when it arrives at each point in the build. Takes two seconds. Build location tracked electronically. Happens every day in other manufacturing facilities.
They do do that, or at least they did. Might be a little more high tech now.

mando9595

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Not sure where your sources are, but I have worked for FCA manufacturing and currently work in GM manufacturing.
Well your credibility just went down the tubes LOL.
I've looked up on my employers web page and there is a project scheduled. I haven't contacted anyone yet, if I commit I have to pack up my isht and go.

Its been common knowledge that the plants shut down for the holidays. I know guys that chase it for the O/T. Granted we are in strange times and maybe they want to play catch up but there is a project scheduled.

Heres a thread about a previous holiday shut down.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/toledo-shutdown-when.20193/
Yeah, plants shut down on holidays. It is usually in the UAW contract to get certain days off. It would be very rare for a plant not to. For instance SHAP where they build the Ram 1500's called for a "critical plant" which means they have to operate 90 days straight with OT being mandatory. This 90 day ends on Dec 24th. SHAP was not opened on Thanksgiving and was optional for employees to come in on that Friday after. This is a rare case.

Manufactures take advantage of these shut downs to retool lines for yearly refreshes, or upcoming models, or even cycle time enhancements. They also do run maintenance that is planned during these shut downs. They take advantage of all the planned down time that they can. One more mention is depending on the plant also factors into the duration of the shut down. Plants that are high volume and profit will see less down time than the opposite of course.

I worked for FCA in manufacturing and currently work for GM doing the same type of manufacturing.

Deleted member 59498

No need to be an a$$, I was legit asking if you worked there....
I read too and there's a bunch of BS that I could read, I was asking for real info...
No I don't unless they move to Alaska then I would think about applying. Wasn't really meaning to be an ass just sarcastic, which I guess is being an ass. 🤣

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR
My dealer’s sales guy reached out to me earlier today saying my ‘22 is slightly ahead of schedule and estimated shipping is still 12/18/21 though.
Usually when they give an estimated ship date before it is built is the actual estimated build date. That may give us a better idea of when they will start building. What was your order date?

Sponsored

Cowboy from hell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Dr Rubicon hydro pearl 6 speed
You know its Christmas time folks, a time where we treat our fellow man kindly and cherish all the blessing we truly have in life. All this bickering won't bring your precious jeep home anytime sooner. Very childish behavior and Im sure Santa is taking notice.

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
You know its Christmas time folks, a time where we treat our fellow man kindly and cherish all the blessing we truly have in life. All this bickering won't bring your precious jeep home anytime sooner. Very childish behavior and Im sure Santa is taking notice.
I'm watching Santa Clause 3 right now.... wife requires the Santa Clause movies during this time annually.

Deleted member 59498

Could you equate cabin fever to Jeep Wrangler ordering? :)

Everyone twitching a little! Especially since FCA sucks on communicating.

scj64

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Ram 2500, ‘23 R/T, ‘23 20A 392, ‘22 FLHTK
Usually when they give an estimated ship date before it is built is the actual estimated build date. That may give us a better idea of when they will start building. What was your order date?
10/26

Sponsored

JeepFiend

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon 2 Door, 2011 Ford F-150 STX
Occupation
System Administrator
Heh, I didn't anticipate seeing mine until mid-March at best, if they actually get my 11/1 order shipped by mid-January, I'll be flabbergasted.

scj64

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Ram 2500, ‘23 R/T, ‘23 20A 392, ‘22 FLHTK
I expect going by past experience (this is my 5th JL/JT on order), that your vehicle will start the build process on 12/18 then, or sometime very close to that.
Looking back at our ‘21 correspondence; it was 6 days between “at body vendor” to being at the dealership. We live in Ohio.
Supposedly the body vendor is where they install the tops.?.?.?
Sponsored