prodogs

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe
Why would you say that?
Do you think he's lying for some reason?
Why would he intentionally lie and raise my expectations?

Sorry that just doesn't make sense.

JeepFiend

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon 2 Door, 2011 Ford F-150 STX
Occupation
System Administrator
Why would you say that?
Do you think he's lying for some reason?
Why would he intentionally lie and raise my expectations?

Sorry that just doesn't make sense.
So in his defense, I think sometimes the dealers speak with an air of confidence they shouldn't have. When I went in to talk to the inventory guy, who has a Jeep and wheels, he and I had some back and forth about a D30 and D35. He seemed to think the D35 had a front axle option that was standard in JLs. He even attempted to prove me wrong by printing out the order sheet, looking up the M186 and realizing, oops, yeah, it's a D30. He was a nice guy, he just didn't know his stuff as well as he presumed. My salesman kept telling me to expect delivery in 6-8 weeks from the date of order, and I'm like, "But they don't even start production for 7 weeks and I doubt mine is going to be first in line." Needless to say, Lithia Chrysler Jeep Dodge Fiat etc. is not on the preferred dealers list, and I wish I had found this site prior to purchase, but hey, at least I'm getting back in a jeep after almost 20 years.

prodogs

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe
So in his defense, I think sometimes the dealers speak with an air of confidence they shouldn't have. When I went in to talk to the inventory guy, who has a Jeep and wheels, he and I had some back and forth about a D30 and D35. He seemed to think the D35 had a front axle option that was standard in JLs. He even attempted to prove me wrong by printing out the order sheet, looking up the M186 and realizing, oops, yeah, it's a D30. He was a nice guy, he just didn't know his stuff as well as he presumed. My salesman kept telling me to expect delivery in 6-8 weeks from the date of order, and I'm like, "But they don't even start production for 7 weeks and I doubt mine is going to be first in line." Needless to say, Lithia Chrysler Jeep Dodge Fiat etc. is not on the preferred dealers list, and I wish I had found this site prior to purchase, but hey, at least I'm getting back in a jeep after almost 20 years.

Yea - but he's been crapping on everyone's "positive" status. My dealer also told me right from the start don't expect anything before 12 weeks.

We are talking about a very high-volume shop who have been doing this for years. Could he be wrong - sure. But a flat-out - "do yourself a favor and don't listen to the dealer" is just a ridiculous statement to make without any facts.

JeepFiend

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon 2 Door, 2011 Ford F-150 STX
Occupation
System Administrator
Well, I haven't paid enough attention to realize anyone pissing on anyone's parade. I will say, every car I have owned, the dealership is called the "Stealership" for a reason, and it's because they are not your friend.

I think 8-12 weeks is a conservative estimate, but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. I'm just hoping my Jeep parts aren't sitting on a boat off of Long Beach.

Sponsored

prodogs

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe
I guess time will tell if you are right or wrong. Just no reason for him to give me a date of 1/4 as I was not expecting my car to be ready before March.

And how do you know no one knows - are you telling me dealers have zero visibility into the status of the cars they ordered?

Sabdalla

First Name
Sandi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep chat even tells you to check with your dealer for more details.
I guess the jeep chat Is a broad update.

Deleted member 35398

I’m just waiting ‘til someone calls me and says “it’s here.”

flot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU 392
Yea - but he's been crapping on everyone's "positive" status. My dealer also told me right from the start don't expect anything before 12 weeks.

We are talking about a very high-volume shop who have been doing this for years. Could he be wrong - sure. But a flat-out - "do yourself a favor and don't listen to the dealer" is just a ridiculous statement to make without any facts.
The truth is, the dealers don't actually know much. They don't have a secret in with the factory. They aren't chatting with the guys on the production line. They really don't have much more info than you do. They are going to tell you things based on their history with ordering, which lets be honest, is a fairly narrow viewpoint and past performance does not guarantee future results. Of course, you'll be getting almost exactly that same info here - with the occasional tidbit thrown in from a factory employee.

Until your jeep goes into D1 status (and even then, it can revert - like mine has at least once) it is simply in limbo and not scheduled for production. The dealer sees an estimated ship date and may have a feel for things based on how their other sold orders have progressed recently, but it's a crapshoot. Once it actually hits the production line, the wheels are in motion and it is supposed to follow a clear sequence after that - but even then there are chances you can be in quality fix for days-to-weeks, and now we have the new wrinkle of shipping taking outrageous amount of times. It is what it is.

PS I ordered 8/26. No jeep yet. This is my 3rd factory order and thanks to supply chain shortages, etc, etc, obviously been the hardest to predict.