Sponsored

Tinted windows- yay or nay?

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
So Im thinking about tinting my windows on my 2 door ruby. Whats the community thoughts on this mod? Do I also tint my front t windshield?.....
Nope on any tint front of the b-pillar.
Disagree? Join law enforcement and your mind will most likely change.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Nope on any tint front of the b-pillar.
Disagree? Join law enforcement and your mind will most likely change.
Lots of the local police make that argument also. Yet their cars are tinted very dark…

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I went with State legal amount here in CO, I think 30%? I think it looks good and I don't like ultra-dark tint on the front doors as it makes it harder to see out at night. Would never put it on the front windshield though. I also tint ever vehicle I own as well...

JayCeeX2

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S, 2014 4Runner Limited
South Florida with a black soft top, definitely prefer window tint. I will note that at nite I often find myself rolling down the windows so I can see better. I guess a result of getting older.

Attachments

Sponsored

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
I like the look of tint and the quality of life in the vehicle it offers. I do not care at all about law enforcement opinions. Don't get me wrong, I support them, but fervently disagree with the only for me not for thee mentality. Also, not all tints are compatible with polarized glasses, do research prior to buying.

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
I don't tint the windows in a Jeep. I could see maybe doing the windows on the hardtop if they didn't come factory tinted, but not the fronts. My reasoning is I don't like it reducing my visibility when on a trail. Yes I can just lower the window, or in the summer the doors tend to be off anyways, but it is just a thing I don't like doing specifically in Jeeps. My cars I have the side windows tinted so I'm not against it outright, just Jeep specific.

Hennessey17

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport
I prefer a very hot Vegas summer day to a very cold Chicago or Toronto winter day any time.
I'm from Chicago (winter day) and now live in Milwaukee. I've also spent time in Arizona (dry heat). The worst weather I've ever dealt with was Alabama... the humidity is like a brick wall, and it's unbearable just after a rainstorm. I could never live down there.

Sponsored

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber Security Consultant
Yes. Went with the Ceramic XPEL tint, about $600 for everything minus the front windshield. 35% fronts (NC legal limit), 20% rears/back.

Attachments

Capricorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Willys XR V6
Occupation
Network Architect & Engineer
I'm from Chicago (winter day) and now live in Milwaukee. I've also spent time in Arizona (dry heat). The worst weather I've ever dealt with was Alabama... the humidity is like a brick wall, and it's unbearable just after a rainstorm. I could never live down there.
Yeah, humidity and heat are the worst combo. I used to live in St. Louis, MO and I hated the dog days of summer there. I tolerate the dry heat of Vegas very well - and it is only two months on an average that gets very hot, July and August. Winters are beautiful here though, except for the windy days.

HydroblueLA

First Name
Alice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara Altitude on order
Yeah, humidity and heat are the worst combo. I used to live in St. Louis, MO and I hated the dog days of summer there. I tolerate the dry heat of Vegas very well - and it is only two months on an average that gets very hot, July and August. Winters are beautiful here though, except for the windy days.
Swampy Louisiana here-hate the summer. So wet the sweat won’t evaporate. Barely can get dried off after a shower. Will definitely be tinting my Jeep when it gets here. Helps with the heat and these days, I feel safer knowing the guy next to me can’t see me.

ALK

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler
When one lives in AZ, then tinting windows at a legal %, is needed. But I have never seen this done on windshields, and am not sure that it is even legal.
Realistically, the cops don't care if it's not the 33%, it's hot & they understand. Just have to be smart if pulled over, roll down the windows & hands on the steering wheel with interior lights on if it's at night.
Windshields are ok if it's a brow.

ALK

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler
Ceramic Nano Tints are changing the game with their heat reduction without going to dark or a shade. I'm still for 5% all around in a strip on the Windshield.
Sponsored