Things are getting quicker

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Jeep421 try calling/messaging Jeepchat with your VIN.
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Does anyone know how they actually build as far as color goes
I assume they run multiple build lines so they can run all one color per line for a few days
Then after so many days change over to different colors on each line
I have never seen an assembly plant so I’m guessing...anyone know for sure
That would explain how some guys get their orders quicker than others
I never would guessed 3 weeks from order date to ship date on my Rubicon
They can and do switch colors from one vehicle to the next.

Stuweeks

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I ordered 1/2. On the truck, should be delivered by 2/12. Granite Rubi Soft top.

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
I ordered my Rubicon JLU on 02/03/18 and my dealer called this morning
He received a ship date of 02/23/18
He says it should be at the dealership around 03/01
Now it’s getting real
Can’t wait
Build date will be 2/23....so it won’t be there around 3/1... probably 2/3 weeks later, still not bad

Sponsored

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
@simpleJL will show up soon and tell it’s impossible ! Lol

6EFE94C7-7870-4147-9B24-7A73DC10B6FB.jpeg
A 1/2 order date is completely reasonable for delivery now. In fact that's somewhat the normal speed they are doing now. For those that don't go through extensive inspections.

There are quite a few on the spreadsheet that are first week Jan orders that have their JL already.

Gegjeff

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon - 2017 Ford Raptor - 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee - 2017 Ford F150
Now it’s getting real
Can’t wait
This is interesting. I ordered my Jeep Rubi 2-3-18 as well, I went to the Jeep chat on 2-9-18 and was told it had a delivery of 2-20-18. I asked the Jeep Chat person if they were sure as it didn't make since. I even asked if it was a Jeep that might be coming off the line that was converted to my order. They had no idea and just said it was an estimate. Obviously I was very suspicious. I checked again 2-14-18 and they told me it was in D1 status. Currently has no build sheet or sticker. I am expecting it towards the end of March, might be surprised, but doubt it. Maybe they had a glitch on 2-3-18...

wranglerguyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
This is interesting. I ordered my Jeep Rubi 2-3-18 as well, I went to the Jeep chat on 2-9-18 and was told it had a delivery of 2-20-18. I asked the Jeep Chat person if they were sure as it didn't make since. I even asked if it was a Jeep that might be coming off the line that was converted to my order. They had no idea and just said it was an estimate. Obviously I was very suspicious. I checked again 2-14-18 and they told me it was in D1 status. Currently has no build sheet or sticker. I am expecting it towards the end of March, might be surprised, but doubt it. Maybe they had a glitch on 2-3-18...
That’s going to be the rough ETA of when your Jeep will start being built.

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
Don't get your hopes up too much. The Sunrider soft top is back-ordered until Mid March. Just ridiculous! Here's my email....

Dear Scott, This is Andrew of Jeep Vehicle Care emailing back in regards to case # 33483663. What we were able to find out was that your vehicle was ordered with the Premium Black Sunrider Soft Top which will not be available until mid-March. At the moment your vehicle will sit in JB status until the part is available. We would encourage that you to contact us back in late-March for an update Scott. Thank you for contacting Jeep Customer Care. Please chat with us again if you need further assistance or Jeep Customer Care at 1-877-426-5337. You can also look for updates on our website www.jeep.com. Have a great day!

Gegjeff

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon - 2017 Ford Raptor - 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee - 2017 Ford F150
That’s going to be the rough ETA of when your Jeep will start being built.
You would think so, I saved the chat as I knew I would get a good laugh later. Here is the actual chat back and forth where he says delivery to dealer is 02/20/18. My favorite part was when he said "if that sounds too good to be truth at this early, it very well may be." Gee thanks...

Jeep Chat - Hi, my name is XXXXXXX with Jeep Customer Care, How may I help you today?
Jeep Chat - Hello, how are you today?
Me - I ordered a Wrangler JL not too long ago. Can you tell me what status it is in. VIN is XXXXXXX
Jeep Chat - I would love to do that! congratulations!
Jeep Chat - Lets have a look
Jeep Chat - Alright, great news, the ETA for delivery to the dealer is 02/20/18, very soon!
Me - I just ordered it like a week ago. Can you double check
Jeep Chat - That is what its set at right now, though I will say its an estimate, so its something we aim for but we might not reach
Me - Was it one that was already being built and they just converted it over to my order by chance?
Me - It's actually great news,
Jeep Chat - Well like I said, its an estimate, if that sounds too good to be truth at this early, it very well may be
Me - Ok, thanks. Does it happen to show the status code?
Jeep Chat - Just the ETA at this point
Jeep Chat - Is there anything else I can assist with today Greg?
Me - no, I am good, thanks

Sponsored

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
Well now if anyone orders soft top it's going to be a wait. I guess it'll make me save more $$

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
You would think so, I saved the chat as I knew I would get a good laugh later. Here is the actual chat back and forth where he says delivery to dealer is 02/20/18. My favorite part was when he said "if that sounds too good to be truth at this early, it very well may be." Gee thanks...

Jeep Chat - Hi, my name is XXXXXXX with Jeep Customer Care, How may I help you today?
Jeep Chat - Hello, how are you today?
Me - I ordered a Wrangler JL not too long ago. Can you tell me what status it is in. VIN is XXXXXXX
Jeep Chat - I would love to do that! congratulations!
Jeep Chat - Lets have a look
Jeep Chat - Alright, great news, the ETA for delivery to the dealer is 02/20/18, very soon!
Me - I just ordered it like a week ago. Can you double check
Jeep Chat - That is what its set at right now, though I will say its an estimate, so its something we aim for but we might not reach
Me - Was it one that was already being built and they just converted it over to my order by chance?
Me - It's actually great news,
Jeep Chat - Well like I said, its an estimate, if that sounds too good to be truth at this early, it very well may be
Me - Ok, thanks. Does it happen to show the status code?
Jeep Chat - Just the ETA at this point
Jeep Chat - Is there anything else I can assist with today Greg?
Me - no, I am good, thanks
The initial ETA is almost always within a few days of your build start.

YFD_322

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GC, 2019 GC SRT
The point is the original title says things are getting quicker when in fact they are getting slower......if you order a soft top that is!

5Ma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU
Now it’s getting real
Can’t wait
What? Congratulations but WHAT?

I ordered my JLUR on 1/25 and I had to email the sales person just to find out that mine is only on D status.

What is going on!?

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
I nearly spit out my water when I read the name of this thread :cwl::cwl::giggle:
Sponsored