Sponsored

Are folks getting 6% under invoice on the Sport S 2door?

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
Dealers offering 6% below invoice are getting you somewhere. Whether it’s through low balling your trade, with dealer add ons, not buying down your in house financing rate or tacking on a percentage or two to the back end.

I have yet to see somebody get a full 5 or 6% below invoice without dealer add ons or trading in a vehicle. Something where the dealer can move money. Dealer going to make something off everybody. Only way they take a loss on price into hold back is if they can make it up elsewhere. They are not in the business to lose money. They may take $500 mini deals to move volume and get bonus checks through Jeep but doubt seriously they make break even deals on a hot vehicle like the new JL.
I got 5.5% off of invoice pricing of $51,826.
Numbers are below and it includes a dealer doc fee. I financed through my own bank as well. They did charge a doc fee, but I was still getting 5.5% off of invoice I didn’t care. They could have rolled the doc fee into the negotiated price and I would have not know, but I think they list it out separate on the contract as it gets paid into a different pot of money/profit then what they sell the vehicle for.
$54,365 MSRP
$51,826 Invoice price
$49,460 negotiated selling price
$50,039 (add in $579 in doc/protect fees)
- $510 (affiliate discount for tread lightly)
= $49,529 (price on contract)
- $500 military rebate
= $49,029 (final price before tax/title/reg/license fees)

I had no trade in, but did buy the lifetime warranty for $2665 which they said they were making about $100 profit on.

So 5.5% off of invoice. If no military then it would have been 4.4% off of invoice. I’m pretty sure they make money in volume sales and FCA is giving them a huge kick back based on how many Wranglers and overall Jeeps they sell.
Sponsored

OP
OP
phatjoe

phatjoe

First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Powerwagon, 2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Dealers offering 6% below invoice are getting you somewhere. Whether it’s through low balling your trade, with dealer add ons, not buying down your in house financing rate or tacking on a percentage or two to the back end.

I have yet to see somebody get a full 5 or 6% below invoice without dealer add ons or trading in a vehicle. Something where the dealer can move money. Dealer going to make something off everybody.
This is wrong. I had no trade-in (paid cash), and the jeep I purchased had absolutely no dealer add-ons. I got it for 12% under msrp (which works out to 6% under invoice).

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Hey,

I know there's a ton of people on here (I'm one of them) getting 6% under invoice on a 4dr Rubicon, Sahara, etc.

What about a 2dr Sport S (bare-bones)? Are folks getting 6% under invoice? I know there's less to mark-up, so probably less to discount.

Thanks
7.5% with a $699 doc fee on a non-S Base Sport 2 Door purchased on July 30th. Plus, I got a Wrangler without the July price hike, so even more money saved. Also, they threw in all-weather mats to seal the deal.

Last edited:

Bullheads1

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Healthcare Recruiter
I got 5.5% off of invoice pricing of $51,826.
Numbers are below and it includes a dealer doc fee. I financed through my own bank as well. They did charge a doc fee, but I was still getting 5.5% off of invoice I didn’t care. They could have rolled the doc fee into the negotiated price and I would have not know, but I think they list it out separate on the contract as it gets paid into a different pot of money/profit then what they sell the vehicle for.
$54,365 MSRP
$51,826 Invoice price
$49,460 negotiated selling price
$50,039 (add in $579 in doc/protect fees)
- $510 (affiliate discount for tread lightly)
= $49,529 (price on contract)
- $500 military rebate
= $49,029 (final price before tax/title/reg/license fees)

I had no trade in, but did buy the lifetime warranty for $2665 which they said they were making about $100 profit on.

So 5.5% off of invoice. If no military then it would have been 4.4% off of invoice. I’m pretty sure they make money in volume sales and FCA is giving them a huge kick back based on how many Wranglers and overall Jeeps they sell.
Looks similar to how mine worked out. I got a military rebate as well. Good deal.
Sponsored