Sponsored

The Tire Carrier Thread

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
Yea I agree that a bumper mounted solution would be best and you guys have shown that you really think your designs through. It's just a big bullet to bite when I'm also trying to buy a front bumper, winch, CB, tent, left lung, leather seat covers, soft top, sanity, LED headlights, LED fog lamps, retirement fund, light bar, etc., etc., etc., etc,. etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,

*deep breath*

etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,etc.,
Left...lung? Uh oh :(
Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
I am with Beavis. Crazy for me how I have found either to buy or put on the list just about every mod I want. Front, rear bumpers and tire carrier solution have eluded me. There just isn’t a perfect solution for me. LOD is close but cost and the bumper sensor is a deal breaker. Other companies are missing other options that I want or the looks are off or the quality of finish sucks etc etc etc etc.

Maybe I just need to keep the stock bumpers, mount the winch in there and just do the dumb Mopar tire reenforcement.
Keep an eye on the @ROAM bumper/tire carrier. It will be the cheaper alternative. It just doesn't have the options that LoD does. However you do get more than you would if using the Mopar kit and the price is close to being the same. DV8 has a reinforcement as well, that is dirt cheap, but that is borderline vaporware at this point. And of course Smittybilt has an option too.

This is why I'm looking forward to SEMA. I think we'll get a lot more options (and better pricing in general) after that. But again, I wouldn't discount the quality you're getting from LoD. Even their packaging, for shipping, is the standard by which everyone else should be judged.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I got an email from RockHard Friday that says their rear bumper tire carrier is ready, but it’s not on their website yet. I don’t know more than that.

upload_2018-10-23_10-11-59.jpeg

MarcRRT

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Respiratory Therapist
"It'll be on the site any day now. Just waiting on production to get me instructions and decent photos.
Retail will be $1399.95."

Come on Roam!

Sponsored

stino

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
I have 37" KO2s on my JLR. Here is my spare relocation journey, incase it can help anyone:

1. Started with the Rough Country bracket, but I must of ordered right when they changed the specs. I got the 5" version instead of the 2.5" lift that was advertised on their site and everywhere else. Seemed to work okay (I didn't really get a chance to test it properly) but looked REALLY dumb being so high and lost a lot of rear visibility.

2. Got the smittybilt bracket, vibrated TERRIBLY to the point that I was worried about it damaging my tailgate. Stay away, imo.

3. Finally got tired of dealing with this issue and bought the LOD bracket. Rock solid, very happy with it.

Do yourself a favor and invest in the LOD or EVO depending on how worried you are about the weight of your spare - my tailgate seems just fine so far.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rubi-Zero

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder how well this will play with the parking sensors? I'm guess not well as it causes the wheel to stick out further from the body..
Well Ace actually said the mounting point for the wheel is 2” closer to the body than the stock location. So that being said it will depend on your wheel backspacing but that 2” is a lot to work with to help avoid sensor interference.