First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
The quick isn’t the 4 cylinder part as we all know. How does the start with straight motor compare to the electric motor? Curious how big the difference is.
I don't think it's possible. Even once you've run the battery down to <1%, it still uses the electric side to help get you moving from a stop regardless of what mode you're in.
Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I'm guessing you haven't seen Brandon Haneline's videos from the drag strip?

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Man I wish I had a 4xe! Too much money to switch now but I still Love my jeep.

Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
The 392 is not mainstream? Maybe just your opinion, then?
...is Tuscadero mainstream? imho- NO! ;)
It is absolutely only my opinion. To me "mainstream" means a product that a substantial number of consumers purchase. For example, the GT2 RS is the highest evolution of the 911 (like the 392 is to Wranglers). It is sold in low numbers (like the 392), and certainly can't be called a mainstream model.

Again, it's all my opinion.

OP
OP
JollieOllie

JollieOllie

First Name
Ollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red Unlimited Rubicon 4xe
Vehicle Showcase
Early 2000s Porsche boxster is slow, so ye...not suprized
Or, you could just allow me my little gloating...

I know that my 4xe is not a Porsche beater!

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
You mean where he got smoked?
No, I mean the one where he outran everything he lined up against until he finally got ahold of a highly modified street car and everybody had to pick their jaws up off the ground.

SLORubi

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2019 A4 S-line
I don't think it's possible. Even once you've run the battery down to <1%, it still uses the electric side to help get you moving from a stop regardless of what mode you're in.
I didn’t realize you couldn’t shut the electric side down and run straight motor. Interesting.

Sponsored

SLORubi

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2019 A4 S-line
No, I mean the one where he outran everything he lined up against until he finally got ahold of a highly modified street car and everybody had to pick their jaws up off the ground.
The vid I just watched the 4XE beat a pickup and a full size SUV, then lost to every other car he lined up against. He was way competitive though for sure. Granted it’s an 1/8 mile track so reaction time and launch quickness mean more. Electric = Quick, probably a riot to punch off the line.

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
I didn’t realize you couldn’t shut the electric side down and run straight motor. Interesting.
You can put it in eSave mode which favors the ICE over the battery, but it never shuts it off completely.

lilred7879

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe
Bottom line - they are fun in 95+ degree high humidity weather the best I have seen is a 13.8s 1/4 mile with zero mods - call it quick or fast or whatever.

Never thought I would try to lower the ET of a Jeep - but when winter gets here I am thinking if I remove every spare part, roof, jack, seats and get some shorter tires and I can squeeze a 12.9 out of one in cold below sea level air.

Brandonhgt

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe
Bottom line - they are fun in 95+ degree high humidity weather the best I have seen is a 13.8s 1/4 mile with zero mods - call it quick or fast or whatever.

Never thought I would try to lower the ET of a Jeep - but when winter gets here I am thinking if I remove every spare part, roof, jack, seats and get some shorter tires and I can squeeze a 12.9 out of one in cold below sea level air.
Great time. What was your trap speed on that run? I sold a low 13/high 12 second car that would trap around 110mph stock to make room for the 4xe. The added quickness of the 4xe over the base engines is what pushed me over the edge to commit to making the switch.
Sponsored