The 4xe is kinda fast!?!

lilred7879

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe
Great time. What was your trap speed on that run? I sold a low 13/high 12 second car that would trap around 110mph stock to make room for the 4xe. The added quickness of the 4xe over the base engines is what pushed me over the edge to commit to making the switch.
98-99
Sponsored

Asterix2112

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
The quick isn’t the 4 cylinder part as we all know. How does the start with straight motor compare to the electric motor? Curious how big the difference is.
I don't think you can do that. No matter what mode you are in and even if the battery is at 0, the car will still use battery + gas if you floor it.

OP
OP
JollieOllie

JollieOllie

First Name
Ollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red Unlimited Rubicon 4xe
Vehicle Showcase
I heard if you have it in 4 auto it's faster and not dumbed down by computer, Haven't got mine yet to test it out.
From my non-scientific-seat-of-the-pants feel, I agree. It seems faster. Being in a northern climate, I have just left my 4xe in 4 auto for the winter season.

Sponsored

five9dak

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini '20 JL Freedom, '99 Dakota R/T, '97 Boxster
My early boxster recently ran 15.2 at 91. They were not particularly fast, even for 25 years ago, hah.

My JL is definitely quicker off the line, and 60 foots harder.

sconrad24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willys JKU, 2021 4XE
I heard if you have it in 4 auto it's faster and not dumbed down by computer, Haven't got mine yet to test it out.
The programming allows for more electric power to be used in 4 auto. Which makes sense, the 392 doesn’t come with 2wd for the same reason, to prevent loss of traction by the back wheels. I can confirm, put it in 4auto, make sure the engine is running and then hit the gas. It will speak for itself.

N8213

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 4XE, 20 C8, 20 Indian, 55 Studebaker truck
The programming allows for more electric power to be used in 4 auto. Which makes sense, the 392 doesn’t come with 2wd for the same reason, to prevent loss of traction by the back wheels. I can confirm, put it in 4auto, make sure the engine is running and then hit the gas. It will speak for itself.
Correct - the 4XE limits torque in lower gears unless you are in 4 Auto.

Easy enough - drop it in 4 auto, turn off traction control, and move the shifter to the left so make the engine start - push back to auto right as you take off and the Jeep is surprisingly quick.

I had to laugh - all the ducks my wife has on the dash came flying at me last time I did this.

OP
OP
JollieOllie

JollieOllie

First Name
Ollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red Unlimited Rubicon 4xe
Vehicle Showcase
Correct - the 4XE limits torque in lower gears unless you are in 4 Auto.

Easy enough - drop it in 4 auto, turn off traction control, and move the shifter to the left so make the engine start - push back to auto right as you take off and the Jeep is surprisingly quick.

I had to laugh - all the ducks my wife has on the dash came flying at me last time I did this.
Ah, didn't know about turning the traction control off. I'll give that a try.

Sponsored

Rektek

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4XE

My Rubi 4XE on 35's will not be this fast. But stock Sahara is fast!