JollieOllie

First Name
Ollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red Unlimited Rubicon 4xe
Vehicle Showcase
I had my first opportunity to try my 4xe (Rubicon) from a red light start today. An older Porsche Boxster was beside me and revved its engine. Who does that to a Jeep? Anyway, I took up the challenge, put the transmission to 4wd Auto, shifted the transmission to manual (just so that the engine would be running) and then I gave it a go. We were side by side for a short while and then, maybe it was the turbo(?), the Jeep suddenly lurched out front. It's really the first time that I just went all out and it's pretty darn fast. Not fast, fast, I know! But fast enough to be a little fun and that's with the 33' KO2s.

Anyway, I had to tell somebody! :) I beat a Porsche today and yes to pre-emptively answer the question whether the Porsche was really "racing" with me - yes, the engine was revving hard and they were giving it a go.
Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
For the oldsters amongst us:

The Porsche driver may have had a bowl of goldfish on the seat. (youngsters: Google the last six words)

All kidding aside, the 4xe is the fastest mainstream Wrangler.

Last edited:

Judy33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ
I had my first opportunity to try my 4xe (Rubicon) from a red light start today. An older Porsche Boxster was beside me and revved its engine. Who does that to a Jeep? Anyway, I took up the challenge, put the transmission to 4wd Auto, shifted the transmission to manual (just so that the engine would be running) and then I gave it a go. We were side by side for a short while and then, maybe it was the turbo(?), the Jeep suddenly lurched out front. It's really the first time that I just went all out and it's pretty darn fast. Not fast, fast, I know! But fast enough to be a little fun and that's with the 33' KO2s.

Anyway, I had to tell somebody! :) I beat a Porsche today and yes to pre-emptively answer the question whether the Porsche was really "racing" with me - yes, the engine was revving hard and they were giving it a go.
Love this! I smoked a Range Rover this morning. Was trying to get the jump when he rolled up as the light turned green. Not even close!

SLORubi

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2019 A4 S-line
For the oldsters amongst us:

The Porsche driver may have had a bowl of goldfish on the seat. (youngsters: Google the last six words)

All kidding aside, the 4xe is the fastest mainstream Wrangler.
Are we not considering the 392 mainstream?

Sponsored

michail

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
I had a Mustang GT with an ethanol tune that was fast. You could hear it from miles if the throttle was open. But the 4xe is just sneaky quick since it makes so little noise.

Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
The better word is quick. I'd agree my 4xe is quick. But my Vette is fast.
Not to put too fine a point on it, I've always heard quick associated with acceleration, and fast associated with top speed. Your Vette is both.

Chubba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Sahara
Not to put too fine a point on it, I've always heard quick associated with acceleration, and fast associated with top speed. Your Vette is both.
Yep it is. And to say the 4xe is quick - for a heavy four wheel drive 4 cylinder - would be accurate IMO.

SnB4xe

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler High Altitude 4xe
Very quick Wrangler. I have been able to scratch all 4 wheels across the intersection. I bet if I removed the doors, the top, spare tire and rear seat then it would be a straight heads up race against my Mustang Mach-E First Edition. Ford says that model is 4.8 sec 0-60. I think 5.0 seconds is closer to reality...

SLORubi

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2019 A4 S-line
Yep it is. And to say the 4xe is quick - for a heavy four wheel drive 4 cylinder - would be accurate IMO.
The quick isn’t the 4 cylinder part as we all know. How does the start with straight motor compare to the electric motor? Curious how big the difference is.
Sponsored