First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
Since a Sport exclusive thread, having a simple Sport specific question, I hope you folks don't mind me asking here...

But, would one of you be so kind to do me a favor, and measure the stock Sport bumper overhang, measured from where the grill insert meets its surround, to the farthest point of the bumper, as in the below?

It would be much appreciated :)
Bumper.JPG
Sponsored

Huskywrangler

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Since a Sport exclusive thread, having a simple Sport specific question, I hope you folks don't mind me asking here...

But, would one of you be so kind to do me a favor, and measure the stock Sport bumper overhang, measured from where the grill insert meets its surround, to the farthest point of the bumper, as in the below?

Bumper.JPG

I'll knock that out as soon as I get off duty.

Laststand

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S 3.6/auto, 2014 Acura RDX
Occupation
Retired USMC

Bumper.JPG
I'm getting approximately 11 inches (or just shy of 28 cm if I did my conversion right, since I see you are in Belgium:)).

KIVO

First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
I'm getting approximately 11 inches (or just shy of 28 cm if I did my conversion right, since I see you are in Belgium:)).
Thank you very much! :like:

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
Hey guys, we did it again. We sold our last yellow 2 door sport S and picked up a new one. The last one was a 2.0L Turbo and we have plans on body stretching this jeep in the future, the battery on the 2.0 adds a lot of challenges to a body stretch so we started over.

This one is a 3.6L, Sport S, we bought used with 8,000 miles on it, it smelled like an ash tray but the price was right. After getting it to the shop, we hosed it down with a ZEP product designed to kill smoke odors, changed the cabin air filter and got to work. We set this Jeep up with our 3.5" T-Rex Coilover System, it's a mid arm front with coilovers, and 3 link long arm rear. Since we aren't running a spare tire, we swapped to our 2.5" rear coils to level the Jeep out. We put this jeep on Ultimate Dana 60 axles, 17" Methods and Nitto 40's. It also received Rigid lights all around, a Magnaflow exhaust and an SPOD to control lights and lockers. We were planning to bring this Jeep to EJS this year but we all know how that went. We are hoping to hit Moab for Memorial Day though, since Moab has started reopening today.

Here's a couple pictures, hope you enjoy.

60076139_2574484932564235_760606315478253568_n.jpg

a.jpg

b.jpg

Sponsored

PeeCeeJunior

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
One quick question,, regarding the soft top users- What do people do with their windows when they take them off?
Leaving them at home is not an answer, I am not at home when i take them off..

I do have the Mopar window bag, but it is more of a pain to get them in.. Unless there is a trick to putting them in??

Any help would be AMAZINGLY appreciated.
This question was from a week+ ago, but I got one of these window bags:

https://bjanedesign.com/products/jeep-wrangler-jl-soft-top-storage-bag?variant=28416497614944

They're expensive and usually sold out, but they work really well. Hang from the front seat head rests. It's not as easy to get people into the back seats while you're using the bag (possible, just not great). Of course I took the windows off to ride around with the family and left the bag at home. 2 days later there's a torrential downpour just in time for my commute home from work. Safari mode does NOT keep you dry when the water is coming in sideways.

Therby

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport 2dr
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, we did it again. We sold our last yellow 2 door sport S and picked up a new one. The last one was a 2.0L Turbo and we have plans on body stretching this jeep in the future, the battery on the 2.0 adds a lot of challenges to a body stretch so we started over.

This one is a 3.6L, Sport S, we bought used with 8,000 miles on it, it smelled like an ash tray but the price was right. After getting it to the shop, we hosed it down with a ZEP product designed to kill smoke odors, changed the cabin air filter and got to work. We set this Jeep up with our 3.5" T-Rex Coilover System, it's a mid arm front with coilovers, and 3 link long arm rear. Since we aren't running a spare tire, we swapped to our 2.5" rear coils to level the Jeep out. We put this jeep on Ultimate Dana 60 axles, 17" Methods and Nitto 40's. It also received Rigid lights all around, a Magnaflow exhaust and an SPOD to control lights and lockers. We were planning to bring this Jeep to EJS this year but we all know how that went. We are hoping to hit Moab for Memorial Day though, since Moab has started reopening today.

a.jpg

b.jpg
when I grow up, i hope my jeep looks like this

emgeesea

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
Vehicle Showcase

a.jpg

b.jpg
Just picked up my 2020 Willys a few weeks ago. I've got the color right, so maybe mine will look like this someday!

196D8D61-6D2B-4D5F-A0D2-83775E3FFAF7_1_201_a.jpeg

Sponsored

double0762

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2020 JL Willy's
Occupation
Canyon Independent School District
Vehicle Showcase
Wouldn't drive anything other than a manual. Got my 2020 Willy's sport 3 months ago and can't stopdriving it. Thankfully I'm considered a essential worker so, I drive and drive. Thankfully this habit is not so expensive with lower gas prices!. Keep on changing gears!

emgeesea

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
Vehicle Showcase
With having to stay at home these last few weeks, I've been having a blast with projects on the new Willys:

- installed a class II tow hitch and wiring (that was some fun - had to run the wiring to the battery)
- Installed a subwoofer, amp and new speakers - sound is FANTASTIC now
- Installed a front facing camera (I have to park 2 up in a short space, so needed a way to be able to get within a couple of inches of the car in front of me whenever I park without having to get out and look)
- Added Rugged Ridge door sill protectors
- Changed all the chrome lugs to black (not sure why Jeep used chrome lugs on the OEM black wheels)
- Added some cargo bins
- Ordered the Magnaflow dual exhaust - fun project for next weekend!

This social distancing is expensive!