Test drove a Bronco Wildtrack.

PetePetePete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport (WTB)
All the domestics make junk, in the end, the bottom line is whats most important.

I had my JL for almost 2 years now, not 1 warranty claim, not 1 issue. Everything works as designed, I have 16 Ram 2500, bought it brand new, never a warranty claim on it. Literally, never had 1 issue with it, trim or powertrain. Am I an aberration? possibly, anecdotal evidence is not worth anything.

There is a lot more technology in these vehicles, a lot more widgets which means a lot more things to go wrong. There are laws in place to protect the consumer, it sucks that people have to go through things like buy backs and long back orders for parts, but its part of the business.
LOL. Not with all brands.

Sorry folks. I like my Jeep - it's nice. But value-wise. I'd say it's a one-and-done.
Sponsored

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
"The Knob" is simply a technology development. It eliminates a lot of mechanical connections. Simplicity at its finest, but I am not driving my BMW.
Thats all fine but I am driving a Jeep, I like shifting, I like manual control of my vehicle. Not sure I trust the electronics when I am 200 miles from any civilization, nice but not for me. I like to know that when I throw the transfer case into 4 wheel drive that it is actually in 4 wheel drive, not just a prayer that it worked by twisting a knob.

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
"The Knob" is simply a technology development. It eliminates a lot of mechanical connections. Simplicity at its finest, but I am not driving my BMW.
Thats all fine but I am driving a Jeep, I like shifting, I like manual control of my vehicle. Not sure I trust the electronics when I am 200 miles from any civilization, nice but not for me. I like to know that when I throw the transfer case into 4 wheel drive that it is actually in 4 wheel drive, not just a prayer that it worked by twisting a knob.
Mechanical linkage is simplicity.

Electronics add complexity. You are now pushing a button or turning a dial to actuate more electronic components to then actuate a mechanical component.

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL

Electronics add complexity. You are now pushing a button or turning a dial to actuate more electronic components to then actuate a mechanical component.
Well, I will concede to that comment, but we are on the same line...

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
The 2.7 is a dog off the line idk what Ford did but they screwed that up. The 3.6 V6 has instant power no need to build boost and that’s why it’s faster. They’re also having huge issues with making a quality top. I have an order in for a First edition bronco and my plans were to keep it until I drove one. I put in an order in for a 392 with the xtreme recon just recently and I think I’ll see it before the bronco I’ve been waiting a year for.
Not one person I have spoke to about the Bronco hated the top. It looks like a sloppy "generic" top from Sears...

Sponsored

gregus73

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0, 2021 Suburban Z71
Occupation
Stuff
I like the look of it. However more partial to Jeep and GM.
Never been much of a Ford guy.

Still looks nice, would enjoy taking one for a test drive. Just to compare.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The whole Bronco hype now seems so last quarter...

Is Ford still making them...?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase

Exactly! And for what, an extra cup holder or yet another place to prop up a phone that should stay in one's pocket while hurling there 5000 lb brick past countless others lives?

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
I seen my first Bronco yesterday followed by my second one about 5 minutes later. In all honesty, I thought it was ass ugly in person. It looked much worse than in pictures. The only redeeming thing I could say is that they were both 4 door(2 door definitely looks better on the Bronco) and neither were Sasquatch. Street tires were on. I was still surprised at the appearance though.
Pictures?
I just got my vin. Badlands stick
Jeep Wrangler JL Test drove a Bronco Wildtrack. 62AFA0DA-E1AB-425E-AF27-B0CFC46309F2

Not to sound like a homer but a Jeep Wrangler is not an SUV, it’s an off road vehicle that can also be driven on the road. If you want an SUV then you should compare the Bronco to other SUV’s like the Land Rovers, Toyota Land Cruiser etc and then see how it compares.
The Bronco is an off-road vehicle such as the JL. I have yet to see an oem Rubicon go where the 21 oem Bronco badlands/sas could not.
I'm not trying to be "negative," I'm posting my objective opinion that it was hideous in person. I was not expecting to dislike the appearance as much as I thought I would. While a Sasquatch would likely be different, I don't think a base JL Sport looks half as bad as a Bronco did on street tires. I do agree about the interior, it looks fine and the complaints sound like cherry picking more than anything. For an off-roading vehicle the interior is very nice.
Base/Sport/S JL look awful oem.
Ford is playing this too conservative to be a threat. They are going after a demographic that spends money in their dealerships after their warranties expire.

There are no real competitors to Jeep. Jeep is basically too big to compete with. Its like Dodge bringing the Neon back to compete with the VW Golf. Followings for these brands are rabidly loyal, even though their popularity is making their vehicles further than what the original was.
Will you mention the JK to JL crowd when speaking of upgrading once their warranty is done?
I saw my first Bronco the other night…a Badlands. About what I expected based on forum comments. While the dash is more modern than the JL, I plastics used were surprisingly cheep looking and feeling. My 2020 Recon dash is luxurious in comparison. Also…no skid plate on the low hanging vulnerable gas tank…that’s really a huge oversight. I was also disappointed in the soft top on the Bronco….the rear windows are loose looking and the side seals on the soft top fit very loose against side structures, leaks and wind noise will be unavoidable….far inferior to the fit of the premium softtop on my Recon. I was prepared to want a Bronco…not yet based on my first look.
I have to laugh at those buying a JL based on luxury interior. I don’t want luxury in my off road vehicle that will see thousands of hours each year in the sun dust dirt and wet. I want material that can be hosed wiped and hold up. Maybe I’m the odd one going without top and doors all summer.
yes, start with the clumsy bloated shifter

1633079584955.png

hideous over size playschool leftover from the 90s
Who buys an auto?

Sponsored

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
Richtor - you like the Bronco (i get it) but please stop trying to validate your SUV selection on a Jeep JL forum...

Jeep Wrangler JL Test drove a Bronco Wildtrack. 1633655862566

Last edited:

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Pictures?
I just got my vin. Badlands stick

The Bronco is an off-road vehicle such as the JL. I have yet to see an oem Rubicon go where the 21 oem Bronco badlands/sas could not.

Base/Sport/S JL look awful oem.

Will you mention the JK to JL crowd when speaking of upgrading once their warranty is done?

I have to laugh at those buying a JL based on luxury interior. I don’t want luxury in my off road vehicle that will see thousands of hours each year in the sun dust dirt and wet. I want material that can be hosed wiped and hold up. Maybe I’m the odd one going without top and doors all summer.

Who buys an auto?
WTF?! Take this $hit over to the Bronco forum. Why are you even on here posting? Side Note: That picture looks like a kids tonka toy.

F2F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Sport Altitude 2.0L Turbo
Glad to see these guys off-road a Bronco with no lockers. Not sure what’s going on, but the “BLD” doesn’t seem to work very well.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Oh look, the certified brown noser is back to stick his face deep in it. I'm not surprised you're posting again given all the horrible release news has quieted down.
It was a terrible launch and Ford is not done crapping on their reservation holders.
Richtor - you like the Bronco (i get it) but please stop trying to validate your SUV selection on a Jeep JL forum...

Jeep Wrangler JL Test drove a Bronco Wildtrack. CE7B9997-728E-4016-8F0E-743454EF3BF5

WTF?! Take this $hit over to the Bronco forum. Why are you even on here posting? Side Note: That picture looks like a kids tonka toy.
I would have had a JL last summer besides the $55k asking price on a 2dr.
Looked to get one this summer, but the 100:1 crawl is only on the 4 dr and not out yet.

Damn the lack of respect from the fan boys!
Sponsored