Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Oh, I believe you about the Bronco, no worries there. I'm just saying that my 40k jeep does not have a 40k-quality interior.

The plastic molding in my Sport is so jacked that sometimes it scrapes my ankle on my way out the door lol I push it down, it'll pop into place for a while, but then a few weeks later it's right back out of place.

All of those cheapo inserts in the coin try, armrests, wherever else have long since dislodged and flown away to whatever afterlife the jeep gods have prepared for them.

My entire top-front plastic bar thing flexes visibly when I pull down and adjust my visors. Locking my soft top into place is always a harrowing and borderline-religious experience.

It all works, but dang it's not pretty, and I'd be really hesitant to contrast it favorably to pretty much anything else's interior from the past decade.
I fully agree that for the same money I spent on the JLUR, or even a chunk less, could've gotten me into a more gentlemanly vehicle with a work of art interior. In comparison to that, my Jeep lacking. But I haven't had any of those visor or interior panel issues. I drove dozens of each of the 3 main models back when I was deciding between the 2.0 and 3.6 engines, but I don't recall any interior quality differences beyond the hard and soft touch dash top. Everything felt solid.

Given all that, I can't see how anyone who's actually sat in and touched a Bronco can say that it isn't cheap and flimsy feeling, much less that it is of better quality than the Jeep. I think its blindness due to screen size envy.

And since someone previously pointed out the lack of rear vents, I find it worth a chuckle that they felt the need to have "not a step" molded into the thin plastic rear of the center console where the vents should've been. It doesn't indicate much faith in their customer base, that they feel the need to state the obvious. :bandit:

omega145

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Engineer
We Jeep lovers are very set in our ways. Regardless of what you are going to say about the Bronco we will find fault.
That about sums it up. Put your blinders on and have blind faith towards whatever it is you are a fan of. Stuff your fingers in your ears, put your hands over your eyes and don't listen to any rational opinions or perspectives. Sounds about right! :LOL:

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Design and function Fails are my main concern, interior materials low on the list. The lack of a Lever actuated E brake is a serious failing, (at least I could correct that in my YJ) the strange "lift the entire rear top section " to access rear storage on the soft top is a NoNo, the placement of control dials where children, dogs, could contact them on the center console, NoNo, and last, but not least, Bronco is very big and just plain unattractive. The last, Subjective, but we " Buy with our eyes "

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
So you are admitting you haven't been in a Bronco then :CWL: The look and layout of the dash in the Bronco is space age compared to the Wrangler. Both the instrument panel and the center screen are a decade more modern than the Wrangler. The design is MUCH cleaner and more modern than the Wrangler, anybody who has actually looked could see that...
yes, start with the clumsy bloated shifter

Jeep Wrangler JL Test drove a Bronco Wildtrack. 1633079584955

hideous over size playschool leftover from the 90s

Sponsored

ajkitebrder40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, Hydro Blue
Everything in my Rubicons interior is solid. I could've pulled the broncos interior apart with minimal effort. Kid you not, the whole top of the dash could easily be flexed up and down a full inch with minimal pressure. I'll make it a point to snap pics and a video clip during my next visit.
As someone who was on the fence about a Bronco, I have a '07 JKU which has been rather rock solid for the most part. I really initially liked a lot about the Bronco, the MGV, the overall look, hard top, etc. I've test driven a Badlands and Wildtrack, and they both drive well and look great on the outside (except for the dysfunctional soft top), but this right here is what stopped me from going forward with an order.

The little things felt rushed, the hard top had imperfections in it and didn't look fully together (I know this was their MIC 1.0, so it's being replaced). I like the overall look of the interior but things felt kinda thrown together from a finish standpoint. The JLR, while I actually don't like the red interior/dash as much, is clean and solid, the hard top appears to be a major improvement over my '07.

The last point is my '07 has taken 15 years of my abuse, sand, salt on it nearly nonstop, it's been rained in countless times, dirt, mud, you name it. Everything still works more or less, so......while I entertained something new to mix it up after 15 years with the Jeep, I ultimately wanted a new vehicle for longer road trips and more off-roading, so I went with something I have tested and depend on over something new.

Also, side note - Armorlite in the cab over MGV helped, didn't want MGV seats but definitely wanted a rubberized floor, don't like Rhino, and carpet in a Jeep is pointless.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase

Jeep Wrangler JL Test drove a Bronco Wildtrack. 1633079584955

It also comes with this handy dandy flashlight...

Jeep Wrangler JL Test drove a Bronco Wildtrack. 1633098498376

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager

Jeep Wrangler JL Test drove a Bronco Wildtrack. 1633098498376

I agree.. but same for the wrangler as well. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I understood that there was no physical connection for the shifter like the old days and that it was really electronic.
If that is the case, what is reason to have to thing thing at all? I would rather a dial or something on the dash and have extra storage in the console area.
It's kinda like putting fake exahust ports on a car... they do it because some people "need to see them". In this case, a fat ass chunky shifter clearly means that it's more "off roady".

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
More and more shifters are being replaced by dials.

Dials do the same and free up a ton of interior space for more phone chargers and cup holders.

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
How you going to throw it into neutral?
Nailed it!! Sadly most people have no idea why you would even want to do that but when the time comes I don't want to be farting around what button to push... lol.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
How you going to throw it into neutral?
Nailed it!! Sadly most people have no idea why you would even want to do that but when the time comes I don't want to be farting around what button to push... lol.
Nothing beats the speed of a quick palm nudge. An extra second or 2 to verify a button push or knob twist is what separates a save from a flop.

The shifter is one of many design cues that differentiate serious purposefullness from just playing the part.

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
Nothing beats the speed of a quick palm nudge. An extra second or 2 to verify a button push or knob twist is what separates a save from a flop.

The shifter is one of many design cues that differentiate serious purposefullness from just playing the part.
I think it's down to what you are used to.
The last weeks I have mainly driven my wifes Tesla and the Jeep is largely parked.
In that time, I have gotten so used to using my right index finger to go from reverse to forward or the other way that when I drive my jeep I actually find it very annoying that i need to waste time reaching for a shifter that is not even connected to anything.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase

We're dealing with finger tappers in vehicles.. this is what we've devolved to.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
We're dealing with finger tappers in vehicles.. this is what we've devolved to.
And unfortunately that's just the tip of the iceberg. At least we're all driving real offroad vehicles, so if the crumble goes full tilt, we can easily meet up at a high point advantage and restart a better society. Ah, fantasies!
Sponsored